First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I find our lack of compatible partners disturbing.
    +1 :smiley_violin:

I'm not sure if it was brought up earlier in this thread, but I wonder if our lack of compatible type is partly due to our Fe coming in dead last in our function order, while Fi comes in first. I was wondering if someone who knew more about function orders and how they affect types might have some input on this...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

garbage

INFPs rule. You're soft-hearted, caring, considerate, humble, and have potential that you don't even realize. You deserve someone great.

So screw the theory and just be yourselves.. I'm living testament to the fact that an INFP can make someone very, very happy. I wouldn't trade my own relationship for the world.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFPs have compatible types. You just have to work to get relationships. They don't fall into your lap.

Compatible types- ISTJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ. Just in my opinion and from reading about type-type relations. These are all assuming the people are healthy.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    INFPs rule. You're soft-hearted, caring, considerate, humble, and have potential that you don't even realize. You deserve someone great.

So screw the theory and just be yourselves.. I'm living testament to the fact that an INFP can make someone very, very happy. I wouldn't trade my own relationship for the world.
    Aww. We INFPs appreciate this post.

And I don't know if we *have* a type, we just have personalities we individually get along with best. We just have to find them out, and show them our wonderful selves!

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

NFs in general could lack a compatible single type, in that they are compatible with all types.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    NFs in general could lack a compatible single type, in that they are compatible with all types.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Some observations.
    • Consider functions more.
    • Consider types less.
    • People's upbringing and a ton of other things are just as important as their type.
    • Everyone loves INTPs.
    I knew that post was missing something.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm not sure if anyone follows the Enneagram that closely, but what Enneagram types of INFPs do you think have the easiest time finding a compatible type? The hardest?

It's difficult to find a lot of information on Enneagram compatibility. Any thoughts on which Enneagram types might do well with others while factoring in MBTI type (not just INFP)?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a 9w8, I don't have any issues finding compatible types of people (by that I mean people that would work for me). I find those all the time. The problem is actually finding someone available IRL. Then again I don't live near a city that I go to often. It's totally random when you find someone that's good for you, the place I am about to start working at has an INTX girl working there that I talked to for about 30 minutes. We checked each other out and all of that good stuff. It seems to be purely luck.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone follows the Enneagram that closely, but what Enneagram types of INFPs do you think have the easiest time finding a compatible type? The hardest?

It's difficult to find a lot of information on Enneagram compatibility. Any thoughts on which Enneagram types might do well with others while factoring in MBTI type (not just INFP)?
    I would think that the type with which you would be most compatible on the Enneagram system would be the type that most helps you move toward your upper level of health and integrate rather than disintegrate. I haven't seen this discussed before, although it probably has been somewhere...

Some argue that the instinctual variant has more to do with it than the numerical point. I found this to be an interesting read in that vein: Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM