First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm LMAO right now because on another board there are INFPs discussing how dating/being married to an ISTJ gave them PTSD

is it wrong to laugh?
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ It seems to be a common coupling - no idea why.

That's very well said. I can see how you'd do well with an INFP. Many of us are looking for someone to take with us into our inner worlds, but it's hard to find people who want to take the journey.
    What inner world? Can you describe/specify that? I'm, personally, interested in someone who'd understand how my inner world shapes my external world and my external desires and goals. The worse thing for me will be to stick myself deeper into my inner world. I need to make myself applicable.

Off on a random thought, I couldn't see myself with a dominant-ish type. I need someone laid-back and non-judgmental, someone who will let me do my thing without being all like you're wasting your time/you should be doing this and this instead. But at the same time, I want someone who's interested in what I am doing with my life and who I am as a person and we can share ideas, without being just 'that's cool. good job. am i making dinner or are you?' that's not a lot to ask...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Th statement does sound strange...Could and Lack...and Compatible.

When you are focusing on what you do lack in your life then you are lacking. When you are focusing on what you want to expand on in your life than you are expanding. A closed book or an open book?

Compatible is a comparison term like competition, then the strangeness of the term compatible feels that we need to be in survival mode to compete with our lack in order to stay empty...which sounds wrong don't you think. And hence why do we want to be compatible with anyone if we are afraid to be compatible with ourselves first? Feels like then we are wanting to adapt to change to other people rather than being authentic. And then compatibility is a none issue. Hahha thinks of combat boots strangely.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I think Socionics is useful here, but it is necessary to get your type right before it can be. Generally speaking, INFPs are INFj in Socionics (which would make their most compatible type ESTj -- ESTP or ESTJ in MBTI), but some are INFp or INTp, which would make their dual type respectively ESTp (ENTJ), or ESFp (generally ESFJ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

A window to the soul

Are any types compatible? Isn't love a choice? If half the world divorces, then half the world is INFP? lolz, no. Let's face it, when the INFP breaks down and loves something, it's as imperfectly perfect as anything could be. Yes, as imperfect as the INFP. The INFP sees whatever the INFP wants to see (typically through rose-colored glasses). What the INFP likes, the INFP puts up on a pedastal and works hard to keep it there if mutual. The INFP doesn't force people into anything; though we understand the power of persuasion over time. The fact that the INFP doesn't typically commit to worldy standards, rules or schedules (though we respect differences), it doesn't mean the INFP is incompatible. It just means simply this, "what's all the fuss for?" No worries. So, the world doesn't wait for the INFP. So what! It doesn't mean we're incompatible with all other types.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Are any types compatible? Isn't love a choice?
    Actually, yes and no, respectively. Compatibility theories don't work for MBTI, but they do, I find, quite beautifully for Socionics (dual isn't your only choice though). As for love, it's the result of a flood of endorphins. It isn't possible to choose who we fall in love with, or whom we're attracted to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety
    I think deep down inside, every INFP knows they are the bees knees. (this is not an attempt at kissing your ass btw)

IMO the potential problem in relationships for INFP, might not be finding people that give them the kind of love they need, but knowing how to fully love themselves first, so that afterwards someone else can. So the essential self-love part of relationship is the crux of the dilemma for the INFPs that have trouble with love.
    thirded.

and actually, that's kind of a fascinating point in reference to the thread title, because unless you allow yourself to be loved, you're not going to be compatible with anyone.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    heh. i totally agree. when i read that, i thought, "uh. you don't know them very well."
    :confused:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

What if INFPs are meant to be a catalyst for other relationships, but are not meant to engage themselves?
    That is an interesting idea. tbh, i think there some INFPs who are in fact not even engaged and/or engaging enough to act as a catalyst for other relationships... I know I'm not ....

INFPS dislike assertiveness
    I don't dislike assertiveness.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by capslock View Post
    :confused:
    the ones i've known aren't easy to push around. also, from what i've ascertained, even when it looks like they're being pushed, it's only because they decided that it's okay in that instance. which isn't being pushed around.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    the ones i've known aren't easy to push around. also, from what i've ascertained, even when it looks like they're being pushed, it's only because they decided that it's okay in that instance. which isn't being pushed around.
    I see what you mean.