User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    First saxman, welcome to the forums.

I would say that the theories on compatibilities for INFPs is about as good as any other type.

The common theories I've read suggest ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, and ESTP. (That last one is Socionics, so be sure you are still an INFP under that system.) The problem is that all four types are pretty dominant, so it can be pretty easy to get steamrolled by any one of them. However, if you are able to hold your own with them, the dynamic can be pretty amazing.
    An INFP would sink without trace with an ENTJ! With just a small bubble and 'glug' sound to show for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    An INFP would sink without trace with an ENTJ! With just a small bubble and 'glug' sound to show for it!
    Gross.

What about other feelers? My only working relationships seem to be with other feelers, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think any interest or crushes or sexual affairs with Ts have ever led to anything useful for me, not ever.

I still stand by my theory that compatibility is a very individual thing to do with strength of various functions or just personality quirks or interests.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I think sometimes these discussions focus too much on the now and less on the thoughts of the future, a future together based on growth and strengths.
    Attraction in the now is what opens the way to explore future growth, though.

My ESTJ challenges me to develop my weaknesses; and I challenge and balance his. As we get older together, this dynamic is pretty interesting.
    In what new ways do you guys develop each other weaknesses?

I still think that, for the most part, ESTJ/INFP is a more natural fit when the ESTJ is male.

*laughs*

Honestly though, I don't see this as being a problem with the right ENTJ. I'd just avoid the ones that are more interested in a ladder rung (that they can use to climb to greater heights) than a partner.

Also, I've definitely experienced a battle of wills of sort with some female ENTJs. It's often playful and quite funny (they ding my less detail oriented nature with Te while I use my Fi sweep the leg counter-attack), but definitely a bit challenging. However, I’ve also had very open and honest conversations with ENTJs as well.

You just have to find one that’s self-aware enough to admit they have emotions (instead of going “I HAVE NO EMOTIONS LISTEN TO MY LOGICS RAWR!!!”) and desires to integrate that aspect of themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My SO is an ENFJ and it works pretty well.

Apart from our petty squabbles, which usually revolve around her (ENFJ) "bossiness" and worrying, and my (INFP) forgetfulness and apparent lack of concern for the day-to-day requirements of life, we compliment each other superbly. She often comments on how I know exactly what she is thinking and I often enjoy how she plans everything (inc. planning what to have for dinner by about 2pm, then coming home and cooking it immediately!) so that, if I "don't feel like" doing something, all I have to do is "play my role" in her carefully laid plans.

Arguments are normal but I think we act as a bit of a sanctuary for the other at times. Sometimes when I feel a bit "flouncy" she is stable and when she is being a bit too rigid I can change her frame of mind.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    My SO is an ENFJ and it works pretty well.
    I think we act as a bit of a sanctuary for the other at times.
    My INFP commented the other day that being with me makes him feel "calm". I agree...when we are together it feels like a warm, safe, happy place for both of us.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

for what it's worth, and i admit that could be nothing, i get along extremely well with male INFPs, whereas i have trouble dealing with the females.

i could easily see myself falling for a male INFP, but i can't imagine being able to sustain a long-term friendship with most of the girlies.

short term would be different though. however, it's just a matter of time before i'd annoy the shit out of a female INFP, and she'd say something, and then...

the males seem to have more patience with me and get when i'm joking much easier.
    Last edited by digesthisickness; 11-04-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: clarification
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Uhm. No. We can definitely hold our own. If we decide that it's a waste of time trying to convince someone of our ideas and our perspective, we would just end the relationship and walk away. We wouldn't let anyone eat us up.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'd like to think I could be compatible with an INFP.

Although... I'm not your stereotypical ENTJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The older INFP women I know settled down with an ISTJ. The INFP guys seem to end up with an EFJ.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    for what it's worth, and i admit that could be nothing, i get along extremely well with male INFPs, whereas i have trouble dealing with the females.

i could easily see myself falling for a male INFP, but i can't imagine being able to sustain a long-term friendship with most of the girlies.
    I tend to get along really well with female ENTPs as well. I think theres something about the male INFP / female ENTP split helps smooth out the potential issues the Fi dom vs Fe tert interaction can create.

I had a pretty big crush on an ENTP in college, but alas, she was taken so I never got to really explore it.