User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I just want an artist of some sort. I luv them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights
    the irony being that INFPs' biggest issue in any domain, relationships included, is... themselves!
    Well, that's encouraging...
    it was kind of a joke. everyone's problem is ultimately themselves. INFPs are just usually bright and introspective enough to readily see that, even though it also ends up in being a bit angsty.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

BTW, I still have no clue what type is best for INFPs. Is there even ANY type where there is a clear cut winner?

I've noticed this about INFP women also, compared to INFP men. I wonder if it's the gender expectations thing....and how that affects male INFP's self-esteem.
    Yeah, I haven't fully figured out this one as well. It seems to be true of INTP men/women as well, though, which probably negates most of the T/F part of the equation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    I think it just takes some time and patience to understand INFPs, and I have found with my particular boo-ba that many of the stereotypes are just plain wrong.
    This is true, confident INFPs are a force to be reckoned with. I think it takes 80% of our time to find that self belief to become confident and this is a matter of being strong enough to push through our barriers to get to that point when you start feeling confident about yourself. I believe strongly that the biggest road block to INFPs is assertion. And assertion in the form that is created in society tends to mess with our self esteem because it is unlike our own. In that respect the negative energies that exist reinforce some fundamental flaws in thinking and feeling. This unfortunately translates to Fi-Si loops and changes our attitudes to disbelief and passive dissonance rather than self belief and confident action.

Much like an inventor who never invents anything. Because his belief is completely gone as nobody believed in his inventions. The energy would change from believing in his inventions to focusing on the lack of inventing and then he becomes the absent minded professor. He starts procrastinating and it becomes much harder to motivate to see the visions that were there during a time when the energy was boundless.

I think as INFPs mature the distinction becomes different and when you know, when you understand what is going on and can wrap your head around the fact that you do have the power to inspire and effect change without budging an inch then INFPs confound everybody in a good way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    BTW, I still have no clue what type is best for INFPs. Is there even ANY type where there is a clear cut winner?
    I'm starting to think we're consolation prizes....the INFP will do, but is the least desired of the NFs & possibly the INXXs too (except maybe INTx women).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm starting to think we're consolation prizes....the INFP will do, but is the least desired of the NFs & possibly the INXXs too (except maybe INTx women).
    You know, I don't buy this so much anymore. I think both of us bristle at the idea of being anyone's consolation prize. If we truly were means for being runner ups, I think both of us would be more at peace with the idea. However, we know we deserve better.

These forums are definitely not a good place to find validation for us INFPs in general, though. However, I find the types that dismiss us often do so because of misuse of typology on their part. Sometimes in almost comical ways...

I do think because of the nature of Fi dominance, the ideal match becomes much more individual than perhaps some other types. It seems like 90% of INFJs totally dig ENTPs and/or ESTPs, but I would have a hard time pinpointing a near universal equivalent with the INFP.

It seems like 1/4 of the INFPs want "similarity" (often the males), 1/4 want "difference" (often the females), 1/4 want similar but different (INTPs, ENFJs, etc), and 1/4 change their answer based on the month.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You know, I don't buy this so much anymore. I think both of us bristle at the idea of being anyone's consolation prize. If we truly were means for being runner ups, I think both of us would be more at peace with the idea. However, we know we deserve better.
    No doubt that most anyone deserves better than that. I'm not talking about what we're capable of as partners, but what others may perceive us to be capable of (if that makes sense...).

These forums are definitely not a good place to find validation for us INFPs in general, though. However, I find the types that dismiss us often do so because of misuse of typology on their part. Sometimes in almost comical ways...
    True; I won't argue with that.

I do think because of the nature of Fi dominance, the ideal match becomes much more individual than perhaps some other types. It seems like 90% of INFJs totally dig ENTPs and/or ESTPs, but I would have a hard time pinpointing a near universal equivalent with the INFP.

It seems like 1/4 of the INFPs want "similarity" (often the males), 1/4 want "difference" (often the females), 1/4 want similar but different (INTPs, ENFJs, etc), and 1/4 change their answer based on the month.
    I don't disagree with that either.

However, I was talking less about our tastes as INFPs as opposed to how much we're desirable to others. I may see XXXX type as compatible to me, but they may not return the feeling, on the whole. And of course that is a generalization, as individuals of other types vary on preferences also. Or just because I like XXXX type in general, does not mean I like every individual of that type. A YYYY type of individual could come along who suits me just as well, if not better. But this thread is made to assert generalizations
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't think this is at all true and am especially surprised to see somebody like you saying it. I do think INFPs can be a challenge at times for some others to understand which could lead to requiring a person who has the patience to learn and appreciate who they are. Being a bit enigmatic actually could be a positive from an attraction standpoint.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think deep down inside, every INFP knows they are the bees knees. (this is not an attempt at kissing your ass btw)

IMO the potential problem in relationships for INFP, might not be finding people that give them the kind of love they need, but knowing how to fully love themselves first, so that afterwards someone else can. So the essential self-love part of relationship is the crux of the dilemma for the INFPs that have trouble with love.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I think deep down inside, every INFP knows they are the bees knees. (this is not an attempt at kissing your ass btw)

IMO the potential problem in relationships for INFP, might not be finding people that give them the kind of love they need, but knowing how to fully love themselves first, so that afterwards someone else can. So the essential self-love part of relationship is the crux of the dilemma for the INFPs that have trouble with love.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%