User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 195

  1. #111
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually, that's part of the reason that I flinch when I see ENFP/INFP as a match...I'm thinking, oh yeah, right...I want someone I could run all over. NOT.
    People don't run all over me. I'm not spineless nor do I swallow a lot. If anything, that may cause more conflict with STJs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  2. #112
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    People don't run all over me. I'm not spineless nor do I swallow a lot. If anything, that may cause more conflict with STJs.
    I really don't see how someone with a behind-the-scenes temperament would dominate me, even subtley. I don't see INFPs as even wanting to dominate; rather their natural state is defend their own territory and to allow others to have theirs, right? That isn't to say that INFPs are incapable of standing up for themselves, IxxP temperament is just not what I am attracted to sexually, in my experience. I honestly think I'm most attracted to SFJs and NTJs for some unknown reason.

    Hey, if someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'll let you know. And you let me know if you have a good relationship with an STJ someday, okay?

  3. #113
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    nor do I swallow a lot.
    Well, most of the men on the forum certainly just deemed you less compatible with them.



    Oh god, I kid I kid. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  4. #114
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I really don't see how someone with a behind-the-scenes temperament would dominate me, even subtley. I don't see INFPs as even wanting to dominate; rather their natural state is defend their own territory and to allow others to have theirs, right? That isn't to say that INFPs are incapable of standing up for themselves, IxxP temperament is just not what I am attracted to sexually, in my experience. I honestly think I'm most attracted to SFJs and NTJs for some unknown reason.

    Hey, if someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'll let you know. And you let me know if you have a good relationship with an STJ someday, okay?
    I know there was a thread on this recently....I don't believe in the whole dom-sub dynamic as a healthy relationship, so no, I would not seek to dominate, nor be willing to be submissive. Power struggles are ugly. I have had good relationships with STJs - I've been good friends with several ISTJs. ESTJs are a bit harder for me to take, but I've been friendly with at least one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Well, most of the men on the forum certainly just deemed you less compatible with them.



    Oh god, I kid I kid. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    The sad thing is, I saw that coming & still typed it :P
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #115
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I know there was a thread on this recently....I don't believe in the whole dom-sub dynamic as a healthy relationship, so no, I would not seek to dominate, nor be willing to be submissive. Power struggles are ugly. I have had good relationships with STJs - I've been good friends with several ISTJs. ESTJs are a bit harder for me to take, but I've been friendly with at least one.
    I meant romantic relationships. You're just talking about STJs as friends, right?

  6. #116
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Patches said that INFPs weren't sadistic enough for her, and my reply was a reflection of my own preferences, I never said that I was answering for other ENFPs. I don't do "type matching" as a generalized thing, usually, not as a sweeping thing for ALL ENFPs (Or ISTJs, Or INFPs, Or ESTPs, or whatver).

    So stop projecting onto me.
    NO YOU!

  7. #117
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    NO YOU!
    *throws tomatoes and scrambled eggs*

  8. #118
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    *throws tomatoes and scrambled eggs*
    How dare you waste these when poor, starving children are dieing of syphilis in Japan! *eats them off the floor in submissive, INFP way*

  9. #119
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    How dare you waste these when poor, starving children are dieing of syphilis in Japan! *eats them off the floor in submissive, INFP way*
    You'd better eat every bite or you won't get any dessert.

  10. #120
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    I think ENFJs and INTJs are theoretically the best matches with INFPs.
    And SPs are good with less philosophically inclined INFPs.

    I think INFPs should appreciate what's there in relationships rather than what's not. See the person in front of them as a whole, full-blooded person instead of a piece to fit into their ideal or their vision or their fantasy.

Similar Threads

  1. If you could test drive a different type for one day...
    By Affably Evil in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
  2. Could you please help me type this dude?
    By Lightyear in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
  3. Do you think INFP is my correct type?
    By speculative in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. Could upbringing change your natural type?
    By Eiddy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
  5. [INFP] Do INFPs often question their type? Or is it just me?
    By r0wo1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO