First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    This just proves that, with enough effort, anything sounds good on paper.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Well, there's not too much more to say...
    The reason I took an interest in noticing how many INFP/ISTJ couples there are is because my sister is an INFP and has been married to an ISTJ... for over 20 years.

In the past year and a half that I've been on this forum, I've taken the trouble to notice the married relationships that other ISTJs or INFPs were in. I didn't really keep a count, so I don't have any statistics, but like I said, there were at least a half dozen married couples of that combination. And it seemed to me like the great majority of successful relationships for INFPs or ISTJs were of that combination.

Disclaimer: There are always exceptions to everything.
    The two ISTJ girls I know I seem to have less in common with and are as cold as the day I met them. The first one hooked up with an INFJ instead and isn't likely to talk to me again. And the next one in my life is hooked up with an INTP and conversation is awkward like the back of a nail clipboard.

Its all about confidence and a healthy sense of self in the end. Without confidence and a healthy self belief, this isn't just for INFP's although more susceptible, a girl will pass you by for lacking the proactive attitude at times. Which I know is something that is an issue for introversion in general since the processing is different though more for some than others.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's (infp-infj) also very boring.
    In my experience, it's many things but never boring.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ. Duh.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think I would go brilliantly with an intj (or perhaps a mature entp). I just...have...to...find...one...
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

the irony being that INFPs' biggest issue in any domain, relationships included, is... themselves! ((that's okay, mine too))]

speaking of, i've heard INFP + INFP works well. and INFP + ENFP. and INFP + ISTJ. and INFP + ENFJ.

seriously though INFPs are lovely and i can see people of many sorts being in relationships with them. i really feel like ultimately, a whole host of factors matters way more than type. type will just tend to show up in conflicts, and is a convenient scapegoat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

the irony being that INFPs' biggest issue in any domain, relationships included, is... themselves! ((that's okay, mine too))]
    Well, that's encouraging...

------

IDK about the ISTJ match. On a few other message boards, it seems every month or so there is a post from an INFP woman married to an STJ who is miserable & dying to get out of the marriage. These matches sound truly nightmarish to me....They're basically treated like a child & have their viewpoints consistently invalidated, their ideals trampled over, and their life systematized like a bootcamp. These stats seem to support that while frequent, the STJ + NFP pairing may not be ideal....

From: http://www.personalitydesk.com/story...rsonality-type
    • Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving types (INFP and ENFP) had a satisfaction rate of only 42% when they were paired with Sensing, Thinking, Judging types (ESTJ and ISTJ), although this was one of the more common pairings among the couples studied. The NFP partner is likely to feel that their partner is conservative and stifling, while the STJ partner may find their partner unpredictable and unreliable.

• There are two combinations where opposites seem to attract: ESTJ men with INFP women, and ESTP men with INFJ women. However, this may be due in part to the fact that these two types of men are also the most likely to be married multiple times.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Peace Baby is happily married to an ESTJ.

Also, I don't know how bad an ISTJ would actually be if they had well developed Fi and Ne and really awesome, pretentious Si/Te aesthetic taste for the finer things in life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I'm sure it works for some....and we probably hear less about the happy matches, but the amount of STJ-INFP miserable marriages threads is rather daunting.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeeeeaaaah. I certainly don't fall into the category of having developed Fi, so I'm not sure if my opinion counts... But ISTJ-INFP sounds painful to me.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~