• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Female ENFJs vs. Male ENFJs

G

Glycerine

I meant about the nonchalant thing. Ex. I can see that a person is greatly hurting emotionally. I sometimes will pretend I don't notice it and act completely oblivious to it but deep down, I really feel for them. For the longest time, my family thought I was a T.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I meant about the nonchalant thing. Ex. I can see that a person is greatly hurting emotionally. I sometimes will pretend I don't notice it and act completely oblivious to it but deep down, I really feel for them. For the longest time, my family thought I was a T.

Same here.

The need to absolve or overlook others' humiliations is pretty strong.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've posted about my darling little ENFJ female student before -- she was bubbly, vivacious, and overflowing with Fe.

I've also had one male ENFJ student in my three years of teaching. Like the female ENFJ, he was quick-witted, charming, loquacious, and a natural leader (easily the top student in the class). He also cried easily like she did (it was first grade, so there was quite a bit of crying anyway, but the ENFJs definitely cried the most, lol). However, his Fe was not developed to nearly the degree that hers was. He had that potential there, but his feeling was largely turned inward and he would become very offended and outraged and perceived slights from his peers, yet in most cases he acted like a bully himself toward the other children. (Of course, this may have been due to upbringing rather than his being a male ENFJ.) I saw a lot of potential in him though and would try to model and talk to him about better civic behavior, and he seemed receptive, yet what they get at home and from neighborhood bullies often overpowers any headway we try to make. <sigh>

Anyway, I've read that that's sometimes a problem for (some) Fe males is that because society values Thinking in males, they turn their F inward, squandering some of their natural talent as nurturers.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I used to get on the verge of tears quite a bit when I was really young but I would never let myself cry. Boys aren't supposed to cry.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a girl and I was treated like I shouldn't cry either or even appear upset. Ridiculous.

Afkan

I think male ENFJs are more charming and female ENFJs are more tough.
Good pt.
Maybe. I was thinking of tough more like 'bitchy' and men "shouldn't be" bitchy.
Again, good pt.

Many have said similar, but in my own words...

Female vs. Male ENFJs:
Both try to be "ideal" in terms of traditional gender roles. Both get angry and resent this, Often having the opposite effect:

I think sometimes ENFJ females who are "bitchy" tough have gotten so caught up in trying to please others, they start become rebellious. Fighting back. Trying to gain autonomy. Like saying "F U!" to society's rules about women, or w/e.

ENFJ males seem to want to fight against societal stereotypes about gender roles, too. May overcompensate for their F at times.

Notice the emotion behind portrayal #1? heehee.... that wasn't fueled by personal feelings at all. :newwink:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think I meant nonchalant in regards to their own feelings. I don't find ENFJ men as expressive with their feelings as the women might be.

My family thought I was a T too for a long time, and probably still do ;)
:hug:

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFJ lives for the ideal, so all the rules go out the window worse than any other NF, because we want to make new ones.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
how each acts
ENFJ=ideally
ENFP=randomly
INFJ=spiritually
INFP=heavenly

Afkan

how each acts
ENFJ=ideally
ENFP=randomly
INFJ=spiritually
INFP=heavenly

Good point, but all NFs are Iealists, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Just in diff ways- I believe what you refer to regarding ENFJs acting Idealistic is we make plans for ourselves and for others. However, another way of saying that would be we seek to "improve the world" by changing people. So yes, we tend to preach our Ideals to others, and try desperately to imprint our ideals upon others- so maybe our Idealism is more apparent in interpersonal interactions- but I don't know that ENFJs are the most "ideal" of the NFs.

It really depends on how you choose to define "ideal."

For example, William Shakespeare, INFP, acted idealistically in his writing. He even created new words. And he changed the world for centuries to come. Through people, but indeed indirectly. I think that is very idealistic.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Good point, but all NFs are Iealists, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Just in diff ways- I believe what you refer to regarding ENFJs acting Idealistic is we make plans for ourselves and for others. However, another way of saying that would be we seek to "improve the world" by changing people. So yes, we tend to preach our Ideals to others, and try desperately to imprint our ideals upon others- so maybe our Idealism is more apparent in interpersonal interactions- but I don't know that ENFJs are the most "ideal" of the NFs.

It really depends on how you choose to define "ideal."

For example, William Shakespeare, INFP, acted idealistically in his writing. He even created new words. And he changed the world for centuries to come. Through people, but indeed indirectly. I think that is very idealistic.

I mean that ENFJ's try to live by what is considered ideal by society

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
If you want to see a male and a female ENFJ in the same social environment, I recommend bittorrenting the first week of Big Brother 11. Braden (ENFJ male) was ousted first week. The ESTP and ENTJ, who were in power, nominated him because of his "social game". They feared the kind of threat a player like him could pose later on. Braden was also prone to saying all kinds of wacky things to entertain the other houseguests.

Anyway, two house guests are nominated each week and then on "eviction night", the house votes to get rid of one or the other. For the past few seasons they've done this live and as a result had each contestant give a speech for why they should stay. His speech basically said, "If you guys keep me we'll have fun and you guys are awesome."

The other person, Lydia, also an ENFJ, is basically Pink Piranha, rebellious to a fault. (Not to imply that Pink has these negative qualities but for sake of explaining Lydia's character.) She was nominated first week along with a non-ENFJ contestant because of her unique character. Afterwards, she whored herself to those in power telling them how much she liked them and that she'd have their backs because she "likes being around them." She then proceeded to give them massages and throw Braden and another contestant under the bus, when those with control considered taking her "off the chopping block".

Afterwards, the ENTJ decided to start trouble by hinting to Braden that Lydia threw him and his teammates under the bus (He did this so B would cause havok and get himself thrown out.) Then when B confronted her she denied everything and it escalated and he called her a bitch and threw a drink in someone's face that tried to stand up for her.

Then she started guilt tripping all those people associated with him. "Are you gonna be associated with someone like that?" After that didn't bring people to her side, she told one girl that she didn't feel like they were tight because the girl didn't cry when she (L) got nominated but she (the girl) did for Braden. How fucking emotionally manipulative is that?

The only thing that makes me question either of their types is that I find Braden to be somewhat less emotive than what I would consider a normal ENFJ. I know that my face lights up with emotion. Still, it could be due to a different upbringing that taught that emotional expression by guys is bad.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
man vs woman?

duh man wins if its a fight 9.8 times outta 10.

if its a cook off, well the best chefs in the world are men too.

if its a complain-off. women win hands down bar none.

if its solve a problem. man wins.

man.

yeaaaaaaaaaaa

CocoB

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmmmm... I would have to say that Female ENFJ's are more charming than the males... I can charm ANYONE into doing anything ((I don't though)). But, i can literally see the change in someone when i am doing a certain something or laughing and cracking jokes; and even just being myself... I can see it in their faces and body language... I've literally had many of my male friends tell me "You know Brooklyn, even if someone doesn't like you... some how... they end up liking you anyway".... It's crazy. Maybe that is why some people deem us ENFJ's as "manipulative"... It could be manipulation if used in the wrong way. That's why an unhealty ENFJ is a huge threat, you know?

What i will say about being a female ENFJ is that many other male personalities seem a little threatened by our Bluntness and our ability to stand our ground in whatever we are doing... and our immunity to their "manly charm"... I constantly clash with a male ISTJ i know.. and it is because he is so used to women conforming to him or playing the "damsile in distress" role.... PUH-LEASE!!! Or maybe that's just me ((He-He)) :devil:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmmmm... I would have to say that Female ENFJ's are more charming than the males... I can charm ANYONE into doing anything ((I don't though)). But, i can literally see the change in someone when i am doing a certain something or laughing and cracking jokes; and even just being myself... I can see it in their faces and body language... I've literally had many of my male friends tell me "You know Brooklyn, even if someone doesn't like you... some how... they end up liking you anyway".... It's crazy. Maybe that is why some people deem us ENFJ's as "manipulative"... It could be manipulation if used in the wrong way. That's why an unhealty ENFJ is a huge threat, you know?

What i will say about being a female ENFJ is that many other male personalities seem a little threatened by our Bluntness and our ability to stand our ground in whatever we are doing... and our immunity to their "manly charm"... I constantly clash with a male ISTJ i know.. and it is because he is so used to women conforming to him or playing the "damsile in distress" role.... PUH-LEASE!!! Or maybe that's just me ((He-He)) :devil:

ENFJ = evasive action