User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infp

I think there is a difference in perception of men and females of the same type.

Certain behaviours for example that would be normal in a man estj are too masculine in a female estj because society places certain expectations on gender.

So maybe it's more your perception?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

There really *is* a difference between males and females of type. Estrogen/testosterone spins the tune in remix form.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sigh.
    My Ti proclivities have not been satisfied by this.
    I utterly feel bewildered.
    Was anything clarified?

What if we squeezed you into an ENFJ group hug? Alarming, yes. Fatal, not necessarily.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    There really *is* a difference between males and females of type. Estrogen/testosterone spins the tune in remix form.
    Waaa! So what is the articulatable difference???
    I wanted to hear it from the mouth of ENFJs.
    Instead I get happy desert driving dialog that I don't understand!

... no *whimper* not the group hug. Please.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Ok, let's see.

George Clooney is a very good example. He's cavalier, cagey, independent, humorous and swanky. The girl version of this is less cavalier (though I do have a cavalier mode, similar to the boys, esp when dealing with my girlfriends) and are usually flashier in dress and manner. Same levels of bombast, though the boys play it a bit cooler. Less crying with the boys too, I suspect. The boys come off as ENTJs with a soft side at times.

I had a very uncomfortable mutual experience with Taco once. We both bore witness to something VERY mortifying, and his reaction to it was like looking in a mirror.

LOL! It's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum shrouded in a mystery (sorry for butchering your quote, Mr. Churchill!).

You can scream through it if you like.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

From my own personal experience and from what has been relayed here I would venture to say that male ENFJs are more repressed in an outward emotional capacity than females. I use the word repressed because it illustrates that though outwardly we may not show our feelings for all to see on the inside the are very much alive, maybe even more due to it being more contained.

Now I'm not trying to say all male ENFJs are exactly like this but I'm sure they have each found the socially acceptable amount of emotion to portray given a certain situation.

As for the other differences I think Pink pretty much nailed it, especially with this quote.

The boys come off as ENTJs with a soft side at times
    All 3 of my closest friends are all ENTJs (Just figured this out), I wonder if this has any correlation.

So yeah, I think in a group environment the differences between ENFJ females and males become less apparent. While in a one on one setting where emotions come into play much more the differences may be easier to spot.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I gather (or at least sense) that us male ENFJs have that usual outside, worldly push to be more extraverted and independent, like what Pink said.

We're supposed to be cool, collected, always moving... but at the same time listening the whole way... waiting for the right time to interject our thoughtsthose deep things from the recesses behind our refined, outward sensibilities and appearances.

We try to be all things for all, but in the end cannot fully. We must balance the idealistic with the realisticthe future with the here-and-now. We must try what cannot be fully done; we must love without the expectation of love in return.
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I always thought that the biggest differences were, theoretically, one I more than likely would drool over and can get knocked up, the other I wouldn't and can't.

Oh yeah, check this out...

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know if I know any ENFJ females. There's only one girl I suspect may be one, but I don't know her well enough yet. If she is one, then she is pretty, smart, warm/outgoing without being overwhelming, and has great unique style, yet she is so confident it seems men cower and hide from her.

The ENFJ men usually aren't too good-looking , which must be natures way of checking their ego, because ENFJ charm + good looks seems like a recipe for a huge head on a man. Look at George Clooney...if he is an ENFJ and not an ENTJ, it shows you how arrogant a good looking one could become .

The ENFJ guys I know definitely seem a bit caddish, but in a playful and good-natured way (if that makes sense). They also ultimately have huge hearts and don't want to harm anyone. All of them have this vision of finding the one girl for them, but in the meantime they surround themselves with female friends and flirt like mad. They all have a melancholy side, but counter it with their silly humor. They put on this charming, confident face but deep down have some big insecurities.
    They all can appreciate aesthetics, yet strangely cannot be bothered much with their own grooming & dress. They are all clearly Fe to me, and I'd never confuse them with an ENTJ, but it could be their environment and life circumstances which don't make them interested in putting on any macho front. However, I doubt any of them would see themselves as "emotional". I think they see themselves as sort of "progressive" men.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yes, we're all a bunch of Quasimodos ringing bells in towers... Not really!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More