• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP reasons for needing time alone

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
wait, what if, like, the pool party sounds fun, but you, like, just want to watch every one and participate every once in a while? *raises eyebrow* and who's bringing the booze?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
wait, what if, like, the pool party sounds fun, but you, like, just want to watch every one and participate every once in a while? *raises eyebrow* and who's bringing the booze?

...Who the hell needs booze when surrounded by fellow ENFPs?!
That's just crazy-talk.

(But alcohol...can be fun :cheese: )

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
*counts off on fingers* I have sake, soju, vodka, wiskey, and rum. You want beer some'un else will haf'ta bring it.

(the alcohol is so us i/xNFPs can shuck off that last bit of shyness and act like ENFPs)
:D

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
(No one answered my plea for me to allow our crazy 'S' cousins along, so you know what? Screw you guys, I'm bringin' my ESFPs in the trunk!)

Whoops...I was too busy stripping and jumping in the pool to answer your question. Hell yes you can bring some ESFPs. You don't even have to stick 'em in the trunk. :D

Umm...so you want to sit there and watch everyone else getting naked in the pool? :shock:

*counts off on fingers* I have sake, soju, vodka, wiskey, and rum. You want beer some'un else will haf'ta bring it.

Well, I usually bring at least a 6-pack of my own 'cause I'm a beer snob. I don't drink that much, so I don't want some crappy Bud Light/Coors Light when I do. I'll take care of some of the other..umm...party favors too. :smoke:

(the alcohol is so us i/xNFPs can shuck off that last bit of shyness and act like ENFPs)
:D

Lol - you guys will need it. I just let the ESFPs in the party too, so we're gonna drive you introverts crazy with all that noise and energy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoohoo scattershot...i think we'll get along just fine. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, this thread confirms my being an ENFP, even though some people have suggested otherwise *grin*

- To just be flat-out weird and hyper and not have to deal with anyone's reaction to it. This is the one I'm most curious about because it isn't talked about very much. Do any other ENFPs do this? Seems like "alone time" is associated with sitting quietly in your room, but my alone time can be driving fast and singly badly along with my radio or taking an impulsive weekend trip to Vegas.

Couldn't have put it better. This is actually the reason I'm sometimes perceived as an INFP. I try to behave so much in social situations that I appear timid apparently. Then I retreat, go home, and have my boyfriend roll his eyes at me while I bounce of the walls and talk his ears off, tossing out one crazy idea at the time, singing loudly, having a mreow-contest with my cats and what not. The only social event where I feel completely ok with letting out my E fully is when we go to a dance club or karaoke-bar and I can scream along to the music and dance my heart out.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
*takes top of head off takes out brain puts in on a table closes head pour drink downs it takes off clothes and jumps in the pool*

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
having a mreow-contest with my cats

Good to know I'm not the only one who does that. :)

I try to behave so much in social situations that I appear timid apparently.

Me too, especially at work. I had one boss who said I was too quiet and lacked confidence. I almost busted up laughing right in his face, then remembered I wasn't supposed to be a cocky badass at work and stopped myself. :D

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL
BEST quote in regards to ENFPs:
(In answer to my questioning her blank stare after another one of my long, fast-paced tangents about absolutely everything)
'I'm sorry...I will always think you're wonderful. But sometimes I just DON'T SPEAK fluent insanity!'

--- How an ESTP dear to me occasionally perceives us.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good to know I'm not the only one who does that. :)

Me too, especially at work. I had one boss who said I was too quiet and lacked confidence. I almost busted up laughing right in his face, then remembered I wasn't supposed to be a cocky badass at work and stopped myself. :D

+1

It's only when they push me too far that the E comes out, which then turns me into an incredibly intense emotional mess, basically everything I was trying to keep them from seeing :blush:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Alright folks, this is how it's done:

- everyone is feeling fine (not stupid, just fine)
- everyone gets in the pool (warm summer night, pool heated to 82F)
- turn patio and pool lights off
- strip underwater, throw suits on edge
- lights on! LMAO (oh, my A is nekkid tho)
- people who don't comply, get assimilated (you've been warned)

And remember, I've got at least 3 or 4 energetic hours before I need to take a breather, so don't sell us I's short.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
And back to the thread: :blush:

my alone time can be driving fast and singly badly along with my radio or taking an impulsive weekend trip to Vegas.

As a reofficially declared INFP, I can categorically state that I do this too, only I sing well LOL!

I think that is just the crazy side of NFP there! It's always fun when someone pulls up beside you during these moments...when I was younger and shyer I would be SO embarrassed; now I just have a little fun with meself!

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
'I'm sorry...I will always think you're wonderful. But sometimes I just DON'T SPEAK fluent insanity!'

Lol - that's so awesome. :D

And remember, I've got at least 3 or 4 energetic hours before I need to take a breather, so don't sell us I's short.

Not selling you guys short, just thinking about how obnoxious a pool full of drunk ExFPs would be. :)

It's always fun when someone pulls up beside you during these moments...when I was younger and shyer I would be SO embarrassed; now I just have a little fun with meself!

Yeah, I hate it when someone pulls up exactly even with me at a light. That's why I love driving a truck because I get to sit up higher and most people can't see right in my windows. I had to drive my mom's car for a few months while my truck was broken and it was seriously cramping my style.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hmm yes, obnoxious ... good point. I would have to retire before that point in the party LOL!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. I nearly fell backward in my chair 2. I have a headache and that sucks because I just woke up 3. Why exactly does my stomach hurt?

wait, you're not *supposed* to be an extrovert at work? *sigh* I wish there were more nfps around me. Had the *weirdest* dream last night.....but no one can appreciate it.

Umm...so you want to sit there and watch everyone else getting naked in the pool? :shock:

lol, Duh!