User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Scattershot, I agree 1700% with your first reason. It takes energy to be around boring people!

I enjoy being by myself in order to synthesize information from outside myself, although it's always been my preference to be around other people without being directly involved in whatever they're doing. So although I like being left alone, I've never really been in love with being alone. When I'm alone, I'm either reading, writing/thinking (and I'm not using that word in the Junging functional sense, because it's more like a blend of thinking and intuition, heavy on the intuition), doing something mindless (like video games or certain homework), making contact with people via internet (facebook, forums, etc.), or ruing the fact that I'm alone. Even boring things like cleaning up or doing homework I'd MUCH rather do with someone else than by myself, except for the fact that sometimes I'm distracted by the other person and fail to get the stuff done.

So ultimately, I guess my answer would be a combination of 1 and 2. Otherwise, I'm ready to go find more people. I usually just do the weird stuff around other people, especially family and close friends. Occasionally not family or close friends, which tends to freak other people out, but whatever about that.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    And am I the only one thinking about how much fun it would be to have an ENFP meetup in Vegas? I probably wouldn't need to sleep the whole time with all that energy going on.
    Yay! Interesting people and shiny things!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post

And am I the only one thinking about how much fun it would be to have an ENFP meetup in Vegas? ...
    I would love to be a fly on that wall.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I enjoy being by myself in order to synthesize information from outside myself, although it's always been my preference to be around other people without being directly involved in whatever they're doing.
    Ooh - good point, Chris. I'll go to Starbucks to use my laptop and be around people, but sit there with headphones on and not talk to anyone the whole time. I just need the stimulation of having them around or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Yay! Interesting people and shiny things!
    How could any ENFP resist that?

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    I would love to be a fly on that wall.
    Screw being on the wall, you better be flying along with us if you want to see anything. Something tells me this group wouldn't be staying in one place very long.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Interesting... Extroverts have to be alone to discharge energy. I didn't think of it that way.

For you extroverts to understand, we probably get the same sensation while socializing. I am usually beat and want to sleep after I socialize. I really crave to socialize to let out all this energy I build up being alone, otherwise I will be over hyper and restless.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but wait...that sounds kinda the same too...damn...i think we just keep confusing everybody...or maybe it's just me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    For you extroverts to understand, we probably get the same sensation while socializing. I am usually beat and want to sleep after I socialize. I really crave to socialize to let out all this energy I build up being alone, otherwise I will be over hyper and restless.
    Cool - thanks for explaining it from an introvert's point of view. Looks like it really is the exact opposite of how Es work.

That's why I think most of the INFP/ENFP confusion is because the words we're using are wrong. To me, it seems like people have to be either one or the other. Maybe there are some rare ambiverts who really do feel the same way whether they're around people or not, but I haven't met one yet.

Erin - It's not just you, this stuff is confusing.

I'm guessing your version of being "hyper and restless" from being alone is way different than BlackCat's. I get restless and agitated when I've been alone for too long, but it's not the same as that fun, hyped-up, can't sleep feeling I have when I get home from shooting pool at the bar.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...it's a i gotta get out of the effing house now!!! feeling...is that not what he was saying? it is confusing but...i know i behave in an extroverted way when i'm with people and i don't get tired of it ever if i'm enjoying my company...which i usually am. i don't ever feel like i have to get away.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I think almost every extrovert needs at least a tiny bit of time alone, just like almost every introvert needs at least a tiny bit of time with someone. I've only met one extrovert in my life who it seemed like never needed to be alone, only time she was alone when she was sleeping at. no matter what time of the day it was if one of her friends weren't over she was on the phone.

and boring people are draining no matter who you are.

and for me I do have people that aren't draining, that I can spend all day with and still not be exhausted but those are few and far between. average time I can spend with people before I get cranky and want to go off by myself is about three hours.

I guess like blackcat says it makes sense because after too much time alone I feel restless and I need someone to expel energy with.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think the whole being fed up with being alone thing is derived from human nature. Whether introverted or extroverted we are social creatures on this earth.

Let me put it this way. We both want to socialize, but for different reasons. Extroverts seek to socialize because they will get tired and feel lazy if they just sit around, introverts want to socialize because they have retained too much energy from being alone and must release it.

While socializing the extrovert will feel energised, happy to be out of his/her solitary state. This is why they are called the "life of the party" because they get a natural high off of interaction. It's a feeling that only they can understand by being there socializing.

For the introvert while socializing he will feel relieved to let out his/her energy out, this is why some people act very extroverted but then mellow out. When introverts run out of this energy retained from being alone, they may get irritable and generally be in a bad mood (the same feeling extroverts get when they are alone for too long.). This is why introverts after a while will want to stop socializing so they can go back to solitude to recharge, and this is also why extroverts will want to leave their solitary state to go out with people to recharge.

They truely are opposites.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)