User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Intuition?

MBTI
    INTP

Default Intuition?

Does it tell you to do or not to do things for an unknown reason?

For example, you want to do something. You can justify doing it, there is no apparent reason why you should not. Not even a moral reason which would make your conscience guilty. Yet there is still a nagging feeling inside of you, which makes it not feel right.

Intuitive processes can be quite complicated.. You know there must be a reason but you can't grasp it.

I thought this feeling was the spirit of God guiding me.

Also, it would seem quite odd for me, being an INTP. I have known this feeling for quite a long time. The feeling is usually right, even with small things.

MBTI
    INFJ

thought this feeling was the spirit of God guiding me.
    Are you speaking in regards, to the holy spirt? That voice in your heart, which convicts you or directs you on a path, that conflicts with all human reason/common logic?
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Your thoughts concern intuition based on spiritual beliefs like the third eye.

Intuition within the MBTI deals with the ability to draw connections between seemingly unrelated things. Like I say "cow" and you say "Jack" and everyone knows this story will end nasty
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

First of all, why is this in the NF Idyllic?

Second, I suppose this is a form of intuition. I do get this feeling on a regular basis and make most of my decisions based on it, but I usually attribute it to patterns or details I wasn't consciously aware of influencing me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

Second, I suppose this is a form of intuition. I do get this feeling on a regular basis and make most of my decisions based on it, but I usually attribute it to patterns or details I wasn't consciously aware of influencing me.
    You mean, you didnt notice when you swallowed the pills ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IrishStallion819 View Post
    Are you speaking in regards, to the holy spirt? That voice in your heart, which convicts you or directs you on a path, that conflicts with all human reason/common logic?
    I cannot prove that it is the Holy Spirit. But I was almost certain it was this, especially when I was more adamant about my faith..
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Your thoughts concern intuition based on spiritual beliefs like the third eye.

Intuition within the MBTI deals with the ability to draw connections between seemingly unrelated things. Like I say "cow" and you say "Jack" and everyone knows this story will end nasty
    Drawing connections between seemingly unrelated things, and being able to see things from different perspectives would be Ne, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

I posted it in here because I was reading a thread in this section where people claimed to have a a feeling similar to this, and associating it with Ni. It seemed to be an INF thing.

I could relate to some of the things people were saying in this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-versa-2.html

And yes, you probably would be right to attribute it to things like that.. I only wish I knew what these subtle details were.

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by AbsotivelyNothingful View Post
    Does it tell you to do or not to do things for an unknown reason?
    Perhaps you were listening to it when it told you it was grounded in good reasoning (for else it couldn't compel), but you couldn't have even believed it merely telling you that if you hadn't glimpsed it for yourself.

It only stands to reason, after all.

So, yes, and moreover, since its reasonable, you can know what the reason is.

Try thinking through your intuitive leaps and bridge the gaps with conscious thought.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'll bore you with a personal anecdote in the hope that it will be helpful. Where I work, management prefers that each secretary support 3 people Some secretaries only have two, and they're not really pushed about it, but the preference is that they take 3 if they can. So. I had three. A fourth one asked to work with me. I refused because I already had a full complement and I wasn't sure I could do a good job for 4.

Six months later, I woke up one morning with the idea that I would accept the offer of the 4th person. For no reason. I just woke up ready to say yes, not knowing why, but feeling very sure. Everybody asked me if I was nuts, and I did find it hard to keep my head above water with the extra work.

Then the economy started on a downslide, and then last week, one of my people turned in his resignation. If I had not followed my feeling to take on the 4th person, I would be in the vulnerable position of only supporting 2 in the midst of an economic downturn. However, as it is, I lost the most junior person, and I now I'm in the very solid position of working for 3 partners. The firm would have to fold before I lost my job.

This is why I don't question it when I get it into my head out of nowhere to do something for no apparent reason, even if it makes no sense at the time. It always turns out in my favor.

I'm a Christian too and I was raised by my very intuitive mother to think that it is the leading of the Holy Spirit, but I am not attached to that idea. I don't know what it is, I just know that my life goes better when I go along.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think when "god" and "intuition" get put into the same question an absolute answer can be formed.

Probably... depending on the audience.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm, gut feelings. Got to love those. Always regret when I ignore them.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]