User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Intuition?

MBTI
    INFJ

Does it tell you to do or not to do things for an unknown reason?
    Annoyingly so. Sometimes I'm like "Would it really kill you to just tell me why?"

For example, you want to do something. You can justify doing it, there is no apparent reason why you should not. Not even a moral reason which would make your conscience guilty. Yet there is still a nagging feeling inside of you, which makes it not feel right.
    Every now and again I do it anyway, knowing that I'm shooting myself in the foot and that I've just cost myself taking the long way. ... but hey ... free will right.

I thought this feeling was the spirit of God guiding me.
    It is. Except when it's not. Sometimes I want it to be so I convince myself that it is. Sometimes it comes in varying degrees. It's not always earth-shattering stuff either. But when IT IS AND IT'S IMPORTANT AND IT'S TIME ... there's no doubt at all. It's flow time! (I LOVE flow time. It's so fuckin' Jedi )

Also, it would seem quite odd for me, being an INTP. I have known this feeling for quite a long time. The feeling is usually right, even with small things.
    Yup. You're sane ... stamped it.

I could talk and talk ... but really ... how do you talk about it? It's experiential, not describable ... AND the experience keeps evolving. As Zinn would say ... you're not what you think you are, regardless of what you think you are.

FWIW ... I agree that this is different from the MBTI 'intuition' ... however the soul will USE the intuition THROUGH the intuition ... just as I'm using my hands to type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's just rapid subconscious reasoning, in which the end product becomes conscious.
    For me, it only seems rapid, but it's actually the result of a very long process, years sometimes, of thinking about things and feeling things in the "background." Then, they bob to the surface like a whale coming up for air, but really they've been swimming under the water for a long time. So, it can seem rapid and violent because of this, but it's a long process. Kind of like when you're tweaking a synth and you come up with a patch that does nothing for 30 seconds when you press a key, but then due to the ADSR envelope, filters, and the like, you suddenly hear sounds swooping past you and then fading away into the sound wave again...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People try to make intuition out to be this instant form of knowledge and a almost mystical phenomenon.

It's just rapid subconscious reasoning, in which the end product becomes conscious.
    Going by Ne I'd call it linking rather than reasoning. Though that is a type of reasoning. The answer isn't found by normal logical steps though. More bridging blanks in the system. It chooses the options that are consistent and preserve the continuum. It's pattern mapping maybe; finds the patterns and order in things, and uses them to extrapolate or interpolate.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It's pattern mapping maybe; finds the patterns and order in things, and uses them to extrapolate or interpolate.
    I definitely think this is at least one component of it.