MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Default Procrastination: Not P

Ps purvey Procrastination? I'm not sure this is the case:

If someone is putting something off because they aren't sure they should do it, or they are indecisive, that seems like P.

If someone is putting something off because of a strong dislike of it, then that seems decisive, like J.

Traditionally in American culture what is portrayed as procrastination? Not doing homework, not taking out the trash, etc. These are all tasks that people put off because they are decidedly against doing them, not because of uncertainty. In fact, in popular culture I would say it's far more rare for procrastination to be portrayed as a function of indecisiveness. An example of this would be, I suppose, one of those made for TV movies where the high school kid isn't sure they want to go to college, but then they have a transformative experience of some sort and make up their mind to get their degree and pursue a career.

Thoughts, feelings, decisions, indecisions?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'm a terrible procrastinator, but I do put things off mostly because of a strong dislike. Also I know in advance which tasks I'm most likely to put off, so I guess it is possible to have a Judging procrastination style.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Regardless of P/J, if we find an activity repulsive, we just will not want to touch it, period (ex- taxes, unless if a person's an accountant, of course they probably love crunching numbers). Just to be safe, if it HAS to be done, we get it done, no matter what.

If we expect too much or too little from something, we also tend to procrastinate on it.

Indecision to me, is due to either being in denial about what we want, or just not really knowing what we want (because we haven't really dealt with it yet). That's just what I see.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's not as you wish to describe it. Ps procrastinate because they don't wish to modify the subject of concentration according to a schedule. Js, though they are less prone to it, will procrastinate because something else of importance is on the agenda.

MBTI
    PINT

I could write a lot here, but I'll do that tomorrow...
    Daylight bores the sunshine out of me...

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Js, though they are less prone to it, will procrastinate because something else of importance is on the agenda.
    Yes but being disliked moves it below there spare time activities/having fun agenda until it becomes important and has to be done which is procrastinating.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know, I guess Procrastination is too general to specify. I tend to procrastinate a lot, and, personally, I haven't grown too proud of it anymore, because it royally messes things up sometimes. I will have in my mind that something needs to be done, and will hesitate for no reason, which I do with just about every decision, and will have to force myself sometimes to carry out things. I tend to have the mindset that I'll only do things that I need to do, and when I need to do them, and just let everything else happen on its own.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I put things off even when I know I want to do them. It's anxiety that makes me procrastinate, not distraction, although I've developed mechanisms to distract myself from the anxiety...

MBTI
    I

Eh, I procrastinate things that must be done because I want to do more fun things at the present moment.

Generally what makes me procrastinate something important is lack of interest/concentration, fatigue, etc. Generally though I don't tend to procrastinate too often.

MBTI
    ISFJ

My procrastination is due to doing things I'm not interested in doing, really. Don't know if that's P or not, I just know I have it in spades unfortunately. Very little patience to put up with things I don't like. That applies to pretty much everything actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I put things off even when I know I want to do them. It's anxiety that makes me procrastinate, not distraction, although I've developed mechanisms to distract myself from the anxiety...
    Hail Mary ...