User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I procrastinate when I don't see much necessity in doing something right then. When it's actually necessary, and I'm causing myself more harm by not doing it, then it's crunch time and I'm able to kick things into gear. It can sometimes take me quite a while to get started on something, but once I get started, the ball starts rolling and I get some momentum. It's just that initial step - initially diving into something - that I'll often delay until I can't justify delaying it any longer. And yes, mostly because I don't want to do said action. If I want to do it, procrastination wouldn't even be an issue.

Example - researching for my trip that I'll be embarking on in less than 2 weeks. I got the library books the middle of last week. I didn't dive into the guidebook until Monday morning of this week, and I had to extricate myself from my apartment and go to a coffee shop so as to really do it - otherwise it wouldn't have happened. I'm procrastinating on it because I don't LIKE to deal with logistics, or have to think about logistics. It's just a bother to me. However once I started researching on Monday, I got a general idea of what I wanted to do, and feel good about it. Now I'm delaying on the next steps, which would be to look into a rental car, research ferries, figure out what's possible and what is not possible, logistically. All stuff that could be easily dealt with, if I felt like doing it, but I don't. Thus, I'm stalling.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Procrastination is a skill. If you don't do it right you mess up your goals. I think the key is to know when you can or can't get away with it and for how long.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Procrastination is a skill. If you don't do it right you mess up your goals. I think the key is to know when you can or can't get away with it and for how long.
    I think I'd agree w/ that. You do have to be aware of your own skills/abilities, tendencies, etc, to do it properly.

I was rather a master of it on the job!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

It all depends on how excruciatingly tedious and boring the task at hand was...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I seem to be pretty good at remembering to do things I'm told to do on time whether I like them or not. But I've never been good at actually deciding to do something for myself and then sticking to it.

As far as I can tell... Ps procrastinate about things other people expect of them, and Js procrastinate about things they want but don't have to do. Which is why J is more valued. At least with Introverts. Don't know about EJs.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Eh, I procrastinate things that must be done because I want to do more fun things at the present moment.

Generally what makes me procrastinate something important is lack of interest/concentration, fatigue, etc. Generally though I don't tend to procrastinate too often.
    Yeah me as well.

However, I only procrastinate things that I know I can finish at a later time. If I know I can't fit it in later - then I don't procrastinate. And if I misjudge and procrastinate but wind up not having the time - then I push myself hard to complete the task.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Both Ps and Js are prone to procrastination.

I procreastinate thoughh because I know I can live with the consequences. If I can't. i still procrastinate until i regain the energy to do what i want to do. Usually, the school system and work deadlines have no effect on me. I can skip work entirely and do whatever i want to do if i choose not to touch something that is urgent.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

For me procrastinating is a life style. I mean seriously, who wouldn't rather sit round watching DVD's with friends, than read boring research papers. Actually, I'd much rather read interesting research papers totally unrelated to my field for that matter.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

wow..so i've been wrong all this time.
    i'm really surprised to find that even Js can procrastinate too! it's not only limited to Ps, and especially, INFPs ! ("i never finish project.." )
    I used to think it's just a basic 'curse' for INFP, as i'm soooo overhwelmingly frustrated with how i kept procrastinating, no matter how much i've tried (i've even procrastinated by too-much browsing about procrastination, yet only little to NO REAL actions!)

wow.. so, all of us are prone to procrastinations , regardless of Types, isn't it?
    but what about the STJ type ? I would think that they're probably the Type that would less likely to procrastinate. 'cuz they seems like a good 'Administrator' (and isn't that what they are?) , not just some idealistic or theoretical guys like many NF, or NT do.hehe

Sure, I agree too that sometimes , indeed, procrastination does help! and yes, it's a 'skill' too, for not being too damn 'rigid' & missing a lot of other things like for example: more important tasks, and FUN in life.

But when it comes down to procrastinating in reaching your own dreams/goals in Life , then that's where IMO, procrastination becomes really UNforgivable & damn frustrating, and even caused you a depressed state (been there, done that, many times) !
    I've always felt down & depressed whenever I see my 'Life-progress-Notes' , seeing that although i've accomplished some things , yet i still accomplished verry little, even at the span of 4-5 years!
    nothing is more depressing than that,..while still continue living your life in doing things you know you don't like, & having miserable life as a result.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I totally agree with this, I think I've just, lately, come to senses with it, learning to only do things when I absolutely need to do them, but keeping a short glance at how it effects other things, if that makes sense, or relates to what you're saying.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?