• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why do (if they do) INFJ's and INFP's like each other?

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
Also...Why do you think those NT's seem to love these types (sometimes)?
Looking for oppinions, I'm not trying to make any statement.
:D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because we (INFJs and INFPs) are so lovable! It simply cannot be helped. :D

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Because we (INFJs and INFPs) are so lovable! It simply cannot be helped. :D

Exactly the NTs can't withstand the amazing, greatness of INFJs and INFPs. I agree with this statement. :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love my IN-Ps.. they drag me out of the house but don't push me into performing parlor tricks for the masses. We do a lot of people-watching, and interact with few. The few we do end up talking with are usually victims of some random, subtle con we've cooked up, just for kicks, though they fail to pick up on it. Eh, no permanent harm done..

IN-Ps... and INTJs... my partners in crime.

Don't get me wrong; I love you INFPs.. the illustrative wording of your descriptions of everything, from simple to complex.. just makes me want to pinch your cheeks..:wubbie: Figuratively. And we seem to have a somewhat deeper understanding of one another without having to even verbally point it out. Definite bonus.

But I must admit.. NTs tend to hold an extra special place in my twisted little heart.

G

Glycerine

While INFPs give more ideas, INFJs help add more depth to the ideas. Where INFJs become closed-minded, INFPs open them up. When INFPs get too rigid about their morals, INFJs help them to see the other sides of the issue. When INFJs get too single-minded, INFPs make us consider other possibilities. They are some things that INFJs get uptight about that INFPs help INFJ to relax and vice versa. For example, I get really uptight about being judged and the possibility of failing and then my INFP mom is sensitive about about the "appropriateness" of things. It's like a balancing act.

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While INFPs give more ideas, INFJs help add more depth to the ideas. Where INFJs closed-minded, INFPs open them up. When INFPs get too rigid about their morals, INFJs help them to see the other sides of the issue. When INFJs get too single-minded, INFPs make us consider us consider other possibilities. They are some things that INFJs get uptight about that INFPs help INFJs and vice versa. For example, I get really uptight about being judged and the possibility of failing and then my INFP mom is sensitive about about the "appropriateness" of things.

Agreed.

INFPs definitely seem to give me a slightly more balanced point of view.. and vice-versa... however there are times when all of our similar characteristics seem to blur the essential differences, and then they're overlooked altogether.. leading to misunderstandings in discussion content, or expectations, that can sometimes take ages to recognize because we both get so mired in the details..

pure_sterling

MBTI Type
INFP
My INFJ friend and I can go off for hours of discussion on relationships, people, the purpose of life ect. and then instanlty disolve into a fit of dibilitating laughter. We've come to some different conclusions about these topics but the glue is that we're passionate about the same questions.

I also love NTs they know how to apply practicality to my abstract consepts.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know any INFJs. I might of met some but without knowing their type. It wouldn't be easy to come across each other as we are both rare types. I'm sure I would like them if I met one :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
As an ENTP, I usually find people of these types to be so insightful and caring. It's impossible to not love them, :D
I don't know many of either type though..
I easily relate to INFPs. INFJs tend to be more serious and driven than I am but they usually have a good sense of humor too.

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
While INFPs give more ideas, INFJs help add more depth to the ideas. Where INFJs become closed-minded, INFPs open them up. When INFPs get too rigid about their morals, INFJs help them to see the other sides of the issue. When INFJs get too single-minded, INFPs make us consider other possibilities. They are some things that INFJs get uptight about that INFPs help INFJ to relax and vice versa. For example, I get really uptight about being judged and the possibility of failing and then my INFP mom is sensitive about about the "appropriateness" of things. It's like a balancing act.

Ooo, I really like what you said. It makes sense to what I have experienced. I am an infj mom and my 15 year old daughter is an infp. We have this special "dance" with each other. And what you said about infj's going into depth with an idea that an infp may have brought to light, I think is one reason why we can fuel and inspire each other. I also resently (1 1/2 years) began a relationship with an infp and it has been like no other I have experienced.
Really good thoughts I'm glad I read your post.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is what me and my INFJ best friend do all the time. Exactly this.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
While INFPs give more ideas, INFJs help add more depth to the ideas. Where INFJs become closed-minded, INFPs open them up. When INFPs get too rigid about their morals, INFJs help them to see the other sides of the issue. When INFJs get too single-minded, INFPs make us consider other possibilities. They are some things that INFJs get uptight about that INFPs help INFJ to relax and vice versa.

Bullseye.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
One of my closer friends is an INFP. I think it's because we're both introverted intuitive feelers, and I've always liked perceivers even though I'm not one. I like people who are open-minded and INFPs from my experience usually are and are easy to befriend and work with.

S

Sniffles

That sounds a lot like me and my ENFP friend.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP makes me feel like we're Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Everything's suddenly light and sparkley. INFJ world can be so bleak. It's nice to walk on air sometimes.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
INFP makes me feel like we're Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Everything's suddenly light and sparkley. INFJ world can be so bleak. It's nice to walk on air sometimes.

And we INFPs love to get grounded, too. It's win-win. :D