• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How can I "develop my Introverted Feeling"?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK---so....

I often read that ENFPs who want to grow should "develop their Introverted Feeling"

For example, the following quote comes from Personalitypage.com:

ENFPs who have developed their Introverted Feeling to the extent that they apply judgement to all of their perceptions will enjoy these very special gifts:

· They will have the ability to follow through on projects they’ve begun.

· They will be less gullible and malleable, and generally more able to discern between “good” and “bad”, rather than accepting everything without question.

· They may be highly artistic.

· They will have the ability to focus and concentrate deeply on tasks. This enhanced ability to think and process information internally will make them more capable on many levels.

· They will balance out their desire to meet new people and have new experiences with the desire to put their understanding to use in some way.

· They will find more meaning and purpose in their lives.

Sounds great.

But my question is : "HOW do I develop my Introverted Feeling?"

I'm not getting it.

Please help! :blush:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Care about how you feel, take on other's emotions for an understanding of how they feel. Base decisions off of retaining inner calm (of course with reason included). Seems to be basic Fi.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well. When you are alone, do not only think about the next fun thing you want to do. Instead, think about what in your life that makes you happy or, even better, what you have done to make other people happy. Ask questions to yourself like: how do I affect people? And when you figured that out, make them happy. Because if you make them happy you would probably do everything to sustain it, and you Fi will be eternal. If you understand what you've done before to make them happy, then just go from the past experiences and don't loose to much of your history. Hmm what else...? I guess, in order for you to stay emotional, It's good to be spending much time around emotional people (duh!). I mean, I have myself spent very much time around thinkers and after awhile you get kind of detached and loose warmth. Spend time around warm people.

All that crap about watching movies that make you cry only works for short periods for me.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, that's easy. When you level up, place all of your stat points into Fi instead of Ne. It's worth leveling up both evenly though.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Focus on honestly analysing situations and seeing everyone's perspective on them. Doing the things you feel are best in each situation, rather than what is easy. Fi is our grounding to reality, or keeper of integrity. You most likely won't be working without using it, but when we use it less we become more scattered and less reliable. There is a whole lot of unreferenced intuiting going on. You can get a long way without using it, so we don't always fix it. But when you need to, the best way is to address what is missing in life, and be honest with yourself. If you aren't taking the time to stop in the rush and figure things out, start taking it. If you aren't out in the world enough and are taking too much time out, start doing more things. If you've left problems unresolved, resolve them. If you aren't finishing things you start, get an idea of why. Are you in the wrong job? Do you see no value in what you are doing? Or are you just avoiding the less comfortable parts? (I've never wanted to avoid hard work when I actually want to be there, so the first two are more likely a cause of the third).

So yeh, I figure self assess honestly. To strengthen Fi you just need to be more picky, and follow through with your convictions. Strengthen self and resolve. And get in touch with what you really feel. Go hug people and stuff too :). We have an awesome logical side, but also a strong human and feeling side. We need people and closeness. If you give the human side more time, Fi will start coming out in all things.

Look at the function descriptions here.
Cognitive Processes

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Focus on honestly analysing situations and seeing everyone's perspective on them. Doing the things you feel are best in each situation, rather than what is easy.
Fi is opposed to considering others' perspectives.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi is opposed to considering others' perspectives.

Not if considering others' perspectives is one of your core values. Implementing said core value would be Fi, then.

Edit: damn, Sy, that's just freaky :alttongue:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not if considering others' perspectives is part of your moral code in the first place.
Thank you for making the argument that Fi and Fe are needlessly separated, so I didn't have to.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thank you for making the argument that Fi and Fe are needlessly separated, so I didn't have to.

Wouldn't that make INFJs and ENFPs (example) essentially the same type though? (both dominant N, secondary F)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
INFJs read feelings of the external world and analyse from values and a depth of knowledge about themselves, the world, and previous feelings they have read. They have a depth of emotional knowledge in a situation, and clear ideas of what the cues mean.

ENFPs analyse the external world and do most of the clearing up of a situation in the external world (ie. external cues and interactions). They have a good understanding of the working of systems, including people. They reference the situation to values built from previous situations (not strict rules or knowledge), the current situation, other things that link to the current situation, and a depth of understanding of self and people. The result is an idea of where people are at, how they see the situation, etc. If you use Fi less, the care for knowing anything on a deeper level in situations goes. Hence considering others' perspectives more will improve that.

Obviously I'm selling the INFJ short here, because I've never been one.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this another blah, blah, blah thread? 'Cos honestly, that's all I'm getting.

Fie, Fie, Fi!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
analyse from values and a depth of knowledge about themselves

Whatever Ni does instead with respect to self then... :). You guys are always way more definite about what you want and where you stand. At least in the short term. I figured that is knowledge about self.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Whatever Ni does instead with respect to self then... :). You guys are always way more definite about what you want and where you stand. At least in the short term. I figured that is knowledge about self.
That's Fi.