User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Default How can I "develop my Introverted Feeling"?

OK---so....

I often read that ENFPs who want to grow should "develop their Introverted Feeling"

For example, the following quote comes from Personalitypage.com:

ENFPs who have developed their Introverted Feeling to the extent that they apply judgement to all of their perceptions will enjoy these very special gifts:

They will have the ability to follow through on projects theyve begun.

They will be less gullible and malleable, and generally more able to discern between good and bad, rather than accepting everything without question.

They may be highly artistic.

They will have the ability to focus and concentrate deeply on tasks. This enhanced ability to think and process information internally will make them more capable on many levels.

They will balance out their desire to meet new people and have new experiences with the desire to put their understanding to use in some way.

They will find more meaning and purpose in their lives.
    Sounds great.

But my question is : "HOW do I develop my Introverted Feeling?"

I'm not getting it.

Please help!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Care about stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Care about stuff.
    OK, thanks.

That was really enlightening

Anyone else?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Care about how you feel, take on other's emotions for an understanding of how they feel. Base decisions off of retaining inner calm (of course with reason included). Seems to be basic Fi.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

Well. When you are alone, do not only think about the next fun thing you want to do. Instead, think about what in your life that makes you happy or, even better, what you have done to make other people happy. Ask questions to yourself like: how do I affect people? And when you figured that out, make them happy. Because if you make them happy you would probably do everything to sustain it, and you Fi will be eternal. If you understand what you've done before to make them happy, then just go from the past experiences and don't loose to much of your history. Hmm what else...? I guess, in order for you to stay emotional, It's good to be spending much time around emotional people (duh!). I mean, I have myself spent very much time around thinkers and after awhile you get kind of detached and loose warmth. Spend time around warm people.

All that crap about watching movies that make you cry only works for short periods for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Oh, that's easy. When you level up, place all of your stat points into Fi instead of Ne. It's worth leveling up both evenly though.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Focus on honestly analysing situations and seeing everyone's perspective on them. Doing the things you feel are best in each situation, rather than what is easy. Fi is our grounding to reality, or keeper of integrity. You most likely won't be working without using it, but when we use it less we become more scattered and less reliable. There is a whole lot of unreferenced intuiting going on. You can get a long way without using it, so we don't always fix it. But when you need to, the best way is to address what is missing in life, and be honest with yourself. If you aren't taking the time to stop in the rush and figure things out, start taking it. If you aren't out in the world enough and are taking too much time out, start doing more things. If you've left problems unresolved, resolve them. If you aren't finishing things you start, get an idea of why. Are you in the wrong job? Do you see no value in what you are doing? Or are you just avoiding the less comfortable parts? (I've never wanted to avoid hard work when I actually want to be there, so the first two are more likely a cause of the third).

So yeh, I figure self assess honestly. To strengthen Fi you just need to be more picky, and follow through with your convictions. Strengthen self and resolve. And get in touch with what you really feel. Go hug people and stuff too . We have an awesome logical side, but also a strong human and feeling side. We need people and closeness. If you give the human side more time, Fi will start coming out in all things.

Look at the function descriptions here.
    Cognitive Processes
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Focus on honestly analysing situations and seeing everyone's perspective on them. Doing the things you feel are best in each situation, rather than what is easy.
    Fi is opposed to considering others' perspectives.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Not if considering others' perspectives is part of your moral code in the first place.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Not if considering others' perspectives is one of your core values. Implementing said core value would be Fi, then.

Edit: damn, Sy, that's just freaky
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”