• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How can I "develop my Introverted Feeling"?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFJs?
Well, if you look at my little scheme, you'll see that INFJs are F/N while ENFPs are N/F. So your question should be "Is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFPs?" And yes, there is, obviously, and theoretically--I/E affects function use in unspecified ways: Unspecified because to specify is to go too far and screw it up.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think what I was trying to say in the other post is ENFP is more analytical with their reading of the external world. We don't read or feel the impact of emotions as directly. The intuition is extroverted rather than the feeling, so the feeling in the outer world is more invoked by empathy. INFJs seem like they have a direct emotional channel, but the intuition references less external stuff, goes less crazy mapping the scene.

I realise Jack is going to say this means basing our view of others on self, and in a way emotionally we do, but perspective wise we don't. Ne runs through too much to ever detach that much from the reality of a situation.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Well, if you look at my little scheme, you'll see that INFJs are F/N while ENFPs are N/F. So your question should be "Is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFPs?" And yes, there is, obviously, and theoretically--I/E affects function use in unspecified ways: Unspecified because to specify is to go too far and screw it up.

INFJs are dominant intuitives. You should be able to tell that. And they can probably tell you and help fix the system. Just because their extroverted function is seen more in the world, doesn't mean it is used more or stronger.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFJs are dominant intuitives. You should be able to tell that. And they can probably tell you and help fix the system. Just because their extroverted function is seen more in the world, doesn't mean it is used more or stronger.
I've analyzed the situation over a long period of time, with mountains of ability, and come to a different conclusion. Let's compare the INFP and the INFJ, briefly.

Premises:
J=preference for output; P=preference for input
N=Input; F=Output

Conclusion:
INFJ=Preference for F; INFP=Preference for N

Now, this is fairly abstract, but I invite you to consider what each item means when applying the model to real individuals.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

If their extroverted function is seen more in the world, then how should you be able to tell that they're dominant introverted intuitives? Only they could tell, since it's use is internal. For the rest of us, their Fe would be most obvious.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've analyzed the situation over a long period of time, with mountains of ability, and come to a different conclusion. Let's compare the INFP and the INFJ, briefly.

Premises:
N=Input; F=Output

Conclusion:

Now, this is fairly abstract, but I invite you to consider what each item means when applying the model to real individuals.

Why relabel J and P, as F and N? And what do F and N have to do with input and output? Isn't that more an I/E thing?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
If their extroverted function is seen more in the world, then how should you be able to tell that they're dominant introverted intuitives? Only they could tell, since it's use is internal. For the rest of us, their Fe would be most obvious.

Talk to them? ;) You also see the indirect effects. Fi expresses itself quite strongly indirectly also. ISFP and INFP are almost unmissable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Why relabel J and P, as F and N? And what do F and N have to do with input and output?
It's easier to explain that way. Judging functions assess, and Perceiving functions gather. It's hard to argue against J=Output and P=Input.

Isn't that more an I/E thing?
Not on the whole. ESxPs are unconcerned with output compared with ISxJs.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Talk to them? ;)

Pfft. The only way talking to someone is going to produce the sentence "I use Ni mostly" from a supposed INFJs lips is if they feel they fit the INFJ description, and have internalized the prescribed function order usually listed after the description. It doesn't mean that they do actually use Ni mostly.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
It's easier to explain that way. Judging functions assess, and Perceiving functions gather. It's hard to argue against J=Output and P=Input.

Not on the whole. ESxPs are unconcerned with output compared with ISxJs.

Yeh, I only know an isolated group of types that are similar to mine. You are right ESxPs do a lot of organising things and stuff. Which is very different to ENFPs who tend to go with the flow more. I thought that was the N/S difference though and living in the here and now.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Pfft. The only way talking to someone is going to produce the sentence "I use Ni mostly" from a supposed INFJs lips is if they feel they fit the INFJ description, and have internalized the prescribed function order usually listed after the description. It doesn't mean that they do actually use Ni mostly.

:).

The ones I know irl don't know their function order though, and decisiveness and philosophizing seems to come ahead of being emotional. They have the same tendency as ENFPs in that sense. The emotional is there but less ever present than with INFPs or ENFJs.

G

Glycerine

I've analyzed the situation over a long period of time, with mountains ofability, and come to a different conclusion. Let's compare the INFP and the INFJ, briefly.

Premises:eek:
N=Input; F=Output

Conclusion:

I know I am Dom Ni because I spend hours in my head making connections between things and processing things and I use Feeling and Sensing to verify my ideas. The thing is I only verbalize my ideas to a select few so Feeling is how come off to world. From what you are saying, i would be INFP. haha, I drive most INFP's nuts because my intuition is always going and making connections. If only you could go inside an INFJ mind, you would truly know.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
:).

The ones I know irl don't know their function order though, and decisiveness seems to come ahead of being emotional. They have the same tendency as ENFPs in that sense. The emotional is there but less ever present than with INFPs or ENFJs.

Decisiveness ahead of anything else only points to their being an extroverted judger (judger...made up word).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I know I am Dom Ni because I spend hours in my head making connections between things and processing things and I use Feeling and Sensing to verify my ideas. The thing is I only verbalize my ideas to a select few so Feeling is how come off to world. From what you are saying, i would be INFP. haha, I drive most INFP's nuts because my intuition is always going and making connections. If only you could go inside an INFJ mind, you would truly know.
It amuses me greatly that you're using an almost identical argument to claim Ni dominance that some INTPs use to claim Ti dominance.

No one has any idea what they're talking about.

G

Glycerine

It amuses me greatly that you're using an almost identical argument to claim Ni dominance that some INTPs use to claim Ti dominance.

No one has any idea what they're talking about.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. :) If it tells you anything my views tend to align more w/ Evan and Mlittrell.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] Hey, look what I found. I'm going to read it now :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting…

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, one of the bigger derails of a thread, Id say.