User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    So is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFJs?
    In ultimate goals, probably not that much. In method and approach to achieving the goals, yes.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    So is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFJs?
    Well, if you look at my little scheme, you'll see that INFJs are F/N while ENFPs are N/F. So your question should be "Is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFPs?" And yes, there is, obviously, and theoretically--I/E affects function use in unspecified ways: Unspecified because to specify is to go too far and screw it up.

I think what I was trying to say in the other post is ENFP is more analytical with their reading of the external world. We don't read or feel the impact of emotions as directly. The intuition is extroverted rather than the feeling, so the feeling in the outer world is more invoked by empathy. INFJs seem like they have a direct emotional channel, but the intuition references less external stuff, goes less crazy mapping the scene.

I realise Jack is going to say this means basing our view of others on self, and in a way emotionally we do, but perspective wise we don't. Ne runs through too much to ever detach that much from the reality of a situation.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well, if you look at my little scheme, you'll see that INFJs are F/N while ENFPs are N/F. So your question should be "Is there any real difference between ENFPs and INFPs?" And yes, there is, obviously, and theoretically--I/E affects function use in unspecified ways: Unspecified because to specify is to go too far and screw it up.
    INFJs are dominant intuitives. You should be able to tell that. And they can probably tell you and help fix the system. Just because their extroverted function is seen more in the world, doesn't mean it is used more or stronger.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    INFJs are dominant intuitives. You should be able to tell that. And they can probably tell you and help fix the system. Just because their extroverted function is seen more in the world, doesn't mean it is used more or stronger.
    I've analyzed the situation over a long period of time, with mountains of ability, and come to a different conclusion. Let's compare the INFP and the INFJ, briefly.

Premises:
    J=preference for output; P=preference for input
    N=Input; F=Output

Conclusion:
    INFJ=Preference for F; INFP=Preference for N

Now, this is fairly abstract, but I invite you to consider what each item means when applying the model to real individuals.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

If their extroverted function is seen more in the world, then how should you be able to tell that they're dominant introverted intuitives? Only they could tell, since it's use is internal. For the rest of us, their Fe would be most obvious.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I've analyzed the situation over a long period of time, with mountains of ability, and come to a different conclusion. Let's compare the INFP and the INFJ, briefly.

Premises:
    J=preference for output; P=preference for input
    N=Input; F=Output

Conclusion:
    INFJ=Preference for F; INFP=Preference for N

Now, this is fairly abstract, but I invite you to consider what each item means when applying the model to real individuals.
    Why relabel J and P, as F and N? And what do F and N have to do with input and output? Isn't that more an I/E thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If their extroverted function is seen more in the world, then how should you be able to tell that they're dominant introverted intuitives? Only they could tell, since it's use is internal. For the rest of us, their Fe would be most obvious.
    Talk to them? You also see the indirect effects. Fi expresses itself quite strongly indirectly also. ISFP and INFP are almost unmissable.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Why relabel J and P, as F and N? And what do F and N have to do with input and output?
    It's easier to explain that way. Judging functions assess, and Perceiving functions gather. It's hard to argue against J=Output and P=Input.

Isn't that more an I/E thing?
    Not on the whole. ESxPs are unconcerned with output compared with ISxJs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Talk to them?
    Pfft. The only way talking to someone is going to produce the sentence "I use Ni mostly" from a supposed INFJs lips is if they feel they fit the INFJ description, and have internalized the prescribed function order usually listed after the description. It doesn't mean that they do actually use Ni mostly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness