• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and being funny

Snow Turtle

How do you entertain others? :blush:

One INFJ I know just appears to be herself without doing anything, but occasionally will produce amusing moments by being clumsy etc. She's constantly laughing at other peoples jokes.

G

Glycerine

I screw uo cliche's really bad, crack innuendos w/o realizing it, and say really random things (things come out of my mouth without any real thought many times)

For example, this guy and I were talking about playing musical instuments and he asked me how good I was at it. I replied, "I was good at blowing but nothing else." saying it loud enough so my whole class heard me. :doh:

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
How do you entertain others? :blush:

One INFJ I know just appears to be herself without doing anything, but occasionally will produce amusing moments by being clumsy etc. She's constantly laughing at other peoples jokes.

That's pretty much me. My personality and how I display myself outwards is funny enough for most people.

ALSO I'm really good at calling out "that's what she said" jokes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my mom's an infj and she's really goofy and makes me laugh. not much of a jokey person but silly sometimes.

redacted

I'm pretty un-funny. My ENTP brother, while making a list of funniest people he knows, said this about me: "Furthermore, the person who I would consider my favorite person in the world (my brother) is totally not funny at all."

I'm really not. And I have this habit of taking everyone else's jokes literally.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I screw uo cliche's really bad, crack innuendos w/o realizing it, and say really random things (things come out of my mouth without any real thought many times)

For example, this guy and I were talking about playing musical instuments and he asked me how good I was at it. I replied, "I was good at blowing but nothing else." saying it loud enough so my whole class heard me. :doh:

Haha, sounds like something I would say. I love it. Sometimes I wonder if my unconscious has some sort of hidden plan to build a joke throughout a conversation and with a gap in intended meaning being the punch line. I never know when it'll happen, but I can sometimes feel things building up to that moment where I'll say something stupid. But I don't mind, most people know what I really meant, and that there's some suspicion as to whether they're correct on that assumption is even better.

Lightyear

I am good at onliners; at random, unexpected comments. I joke with myself on the inside all the time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming I'm with someone funny, I do laugh a lot. I sometimes think it must be amusing for the other person, because I'm so quiet, but my laughs can be rather loud, and I'm not self-conscious with my laughing or anything. So it's like...quiet girl with intermittent laughs and giggles.

Sometimes I try to be funny, and throw in sarcasm or something, but usually I've found people think I'm amusing when I'm not even trying to be funny. :huh:

I've also been told on a few occasions that I'm 'funny' -- not in a haha way, but one guy told me once that it was just something about the way I said things, or made offhand comments, and it would be 5 minutes after the fact and it would occur to him..'That was really funny.'

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ's I know laugh at other people's jokes and stuff, though seemingly less than others do... but I can't think off hand of any time when they've ever made ME laugh... except one, who has doubts about her type anyway.

redacted

My INFJ (best) friend is actually really good at telling funny anecdotes/describing others behaviors/interpretations in a hilarious way. She gets many laughs.

(And yes, I'm sure she's INFJ, at least as sure as I am of anyone's type.)

I think she's developed her sense of humor as a mechanism for deflection.

V

violaine

I am very playful... I love making others laugh. It's my default way of interacting, though with quiet humor at first to feel someone out. I do so by teasing, joking around, telling stories, being self-deprecating. I see the humor in most everything and call attention to it.

I used to play a lot of practical jokes with people I'm close to, covertly, no one ever thought it was me and then when they did figure it out it would turn into a fun full scale war. I very much enjoy being mischievous mostly because irl no one ever expects it of me :)

I couldn't tell a joke to save my life though and I'm never cruel.

Lightyear

I've also been told on a few occasions that I'm 'funny' -- not in a haha way, but one guy told me once that it was just something about the way I said things, or made offhand comments, and it would be 5 minutes after the fact and it would occur to him..'That was really funny.'

Same here. Some of my jokes are so subtle (even I myself sometimes don't notice that I am making them!) that people need a moment before they realise: "That was really funny!" I think my main way of joking is irony.

I am also rather rubbish at telling anecdotes, I can't take all the attention of the audience!

And I hate cruel jokes, I feel too sorry for the victims.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
It's my default way of interacting, though with quiet humor at first to feel someone out. I do so by teasing, joking around, telling stories, being self-deprecating. I see the humor in most everything and call attention to it.

Yeap :D

sade

It's my default way of interacting, though with quiet humor at first to feel someone out. I do so by teasing, joking around, telling stories, being self-deprecating. I see the humor in most everything and call attention to it.

I used to play a lot of practical jokes with people I'm close to, covertly, no one ever thought it was me and then when they did figure it out it would turn into a fun full scale war. I very much enjoy being mischievous mostly because irl no one ever expects it of me :)

I couldn't tell a joke to save my life though and I'm never cruel.
I threw you out of my head once before, do I need to do it again? :azdaja:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do caricatures that people think are pretty funny. But I'm not a comedian by any stretch of the imagination.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a total goofball. I have a very reactive humor, if I think of something funny about something, I'll say it. (I've cracked some great 'That's what she said.' jokes)

An example is that in government class we were talking about beliefs and a lady who walked around naked in a mall. Every time someone brought that up I said 'Yay!' loud enough for the class to hear it.

I could never be a stand-up comedian unless I got on a good rant. Give me something I hate/am irritated by and I'll rant and rant and depreciate the f! out of it.

I threw you out of my head once before, do I need to do it again?

:laugh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty un-funny. My ENTP brother, while making a list of funniest people he knows, said this about me: "Furthermore, the person who I would consider my favorite person in the world (my brother) is totally not funny at all."

I'm really not. And I have this habit of taking everyone else's jokes literally.

+1, I can TOTALLY relate to taking jokes literally. I'll often get offended for the silliest reason when people are joking around, it drives me crazy.

I am also unfunny, the only way that I'm funny is pointing out inconsistencies in things in life and pointing out how stupid others are. Or I can always do self degrading humor, that's always fun.

S

Sniffles

My sense of humor tends to be intellectual and subtle in nature. Plenty of people have commented about the subtle aspects of my humor. Bantering is also a big part of my comedy act. IMHO, bantering is probably the highest form of humor.