• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and being funny

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
INFJs can be funny, but they only get really hilarious when they stop caring about others feelings.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, usually that would be the humor would go against our "Moral" way of doing things..

sade

INFJs can be funny, but they only get really hilarious when they stop caring about others feelings.
It's actually kind off sad that I get the INTPs to truly laugh when I'm feeling pissed off or annoyed.. And unintentionally to boot.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I make my INTP brother laugh when I'm mocking people - real people, or fictional characters - on tv.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I make my INTP brother laugh when I'm mocking people - real people, or fictional characters - on tv.

The majority of my mocking is usually in some weird accent ("Och, ye brainless bastrrdt!") - I'm learning that S-es usually don't even listen to your tone, just the words, so a lot of my humor is taken seriously.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
INFP girl here. ;)

My INFJ best friend is one of the people I feel most comfortable and myself around, so naturally, it creates a great environment for humor. When I'm around my other close friends (ESFJ and ISTJ) I usually think a bit first about what I'm going to say and try to make it something they'll enjoy for humor purposes.

But around my INFJ, I TOTALLY let lose. I love the freedom I have with her. :wubbie: We have I would say almost the exact same humor, and there is no one I would rather spend an afternoon at the mall with cracking jokes about all of our random observations. We both make comments about the things around us, and we totally play off of each other. The best part is when one of us says something that wasn't even meant to be funny, and the other person just finds some humor in it. I never laugh nearly as much with anyone else. :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

OMG, me too!

He's such a quiet kid till he sees Big Sis makin' wisecracks. He laughs so hard, he curls into a ball to keep from pissing himself.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've found that INTPs laugh most of all when that happens. :tongue: And it only happens if we feel comfortable/safe enough to do it.

Doesn't happen often, but when it does...!

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I've found that INTPs laugh most of all when that happens. :tongue: And it only happens if we feel comfortable/safe enough to do it.

They insult someone out of the blue and it's hilarious.

I'm like "frick girl you just tore him up!"

It's interesting how the guys are more serious about this sort of thing. If making a light hearted joke is against your moral values it makes you a pretty boring person.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am good at onliners; at random, unexpected comments. I joke with myself on the inside all the time.

Yep. Especially when I'm in a large group, I have a running critical commentary going on inside my head and every now and again I'll mutter something under my breath. I won't even be aware that I said it out loud, but someone nearby will just start cracking up. I think half of it, though, is that they just don't expect ME to be making that kind of comment.

deleted
Should be the 5th MBTI preference. Funny/unfunny. In that case I'd be an INTJH.

Lame joke, I know I'm sorry.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Somewhat unintentionally. Most of the time I can't help but to point out the mundane.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
imagination and wild absurdity
metaphors that make you stretch like silly putty
when i get excited my gestures get bigger and start to amuse people
i'm always chuckling at something and sometimes other people find it maddening
when in the mood for it, i think it's pretty easy for infj to find angles on anything (droll, ironic, sarcastic, absurd, playful, etc)