User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    My sense of humor tends to be intellectual and subtle in nature. Plenty of people have commented about the subtle aspects of my humor. Bantering is also a big part of my comedy act. IMHO, bantering is probably the highest form of humor.
    Surely you jest!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I have a very dry sense of humour and often comment on the absurdities of daily life. I have had other people in stitches with some of my off-the-wall comments.

However, I also do the "unintentional thing" where stuff just pours out of my mouth before I can censor it. I put some of this down to Sagittarius foot-in-mouth syndrome.

A dear, slightly overweight female friend once told me how her new man literally swept her off her feet by scooping her up into his arms. Before I could stop myself, I replied:
    "Oh! He must be really strong!". <curls up and dies in corner with shame....>
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I rarely laugh-out-loud. That's probably one of my own personal quirks and indicative of some sort of pathological shame-thing; as opposed to being specific to my Type. I just smirk slightly, or laugh in a weird, almost muted way and cover my mouth. Hardly ever are there actual vocal sounds. I don't think I've ever giggled in my entire life.

I do find myself amused often. Either from watching others, like, personal moments between groups of people I don't even know. Hearing bits of conversations. Rarely do I point these things out to someone I'm with at the time. Almost a sort of, "well, ya just had to be there.." sort of quality.. though they were standing beside me the entire time. If that makes sense. It's times like that, when I get this little smirk on my face, and my friends wonder what the hell I'm thinking about. I have an INxP friend who picks up on a lot of the subtlties in our surroundings that I do.. so we're both just walking around, or sitting.. laughing to ourselves, together.

I am not outwardly amusing too often. I don't try to be. I don't particularly try to be anything. The points in time where I make others laugh are often unintentional on my part. I'm huge klutz. I embrace it. Friends literally keep count of how many things I drop in a day. And I just hang my head and laugh inwardly. Sometimes people seem amused about how I word things, or describe things. Random, cynical remarks stated matter-of-factly, as I move along to a lighter topic without missing a beat. No anticipation of laughter. I may make terrible puns on rare occasion... which is very intentional, on my part... They typically merit the response from my closest friends: "...I hate you." That for some reason makes me laugh the most. I love watching people react. And just watching people.

But yeah.. most of the things about my personality that amuses others are, or seem to come off as, very unintentional, and subtle. My acting teachers have always stressed how the best comic moments are when the actor does not anticipate the laughter. Guess it's about remaining genuine.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Do you other INFJs get the giggles at things that are going on inside your own mind? I do, and it can be quite embarassing when I suddenly burst out laughing at some absurdity I've just thought of.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Do you other INFJs get the giggles at things that are going on inside your own mind? I do, and it can be quite embarassing when I suddenly burst out laughing at some absurdity I've just thought of.
    I'll attempt to tell someone I'm with about it before the laughter takes over.. and lose it somewhat mid-sentence. Then they just laugh at me for being ridiculous.. or look really confused.. which [either response] just makes me laugh harder..

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'll attempt to tell someone I'm with about it before the laughter takes over.. and lose it somewhat mid-sentence. Then they just laugh at me for being ridiculous.. or look really confused.. which makes me laugh harder..
    I do this too. Just reading your description is making me giggle already!

Another thing I do a lot is snarf food or drink all other the place when someone cracks a funny while I'm eating or drinking.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I do this too. Just reading your description is making me giggle already!

Another thing I do a lot is snarf food or drink all other the place when someone cracks a funny while I'm eating or drinking.
    Eh... I eat like a 5yr old as it is.. I end up with food on my shoulder.. or back.. it's a mystery. But when someone says or does something hilarious while I'm.. feeding.. my usual response is choking. Violently. Somehow I don't make a mess.

Another moment in time where I unintentionally make others laugh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My friends have said my sense of humor is very dry and twisted -- I suspect this is because I grew up on a diet rich in British comedy and horror movies.

Glycerine

Oh yeah, it's also kind of mocking, sarcastic and very subtle so people mistake it for meanness.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    My friends have said my sense of humor is very dry and twisted -- I suspect this is because I grew up on a diet rich in British comedy and horror movies.
    Agreed. I was brought up from a very early age [probably not the "best" choice my mom made.. though I disagree] on all kinds of horror movies, novels, etc. And Monty Python...

sidenote: Dawn of The Dead. Amazing. Your avatar has made my night.

I also have to agree with the post directly above mine.
    I hate when that happens.. and try to save certain remarks for the select few I'm sure won't take it the wrong way. I never want to inadvertently hurt someone else's feelings.. it's either that or explain myself to them.. exhausting.. and just sucks the fun out of it. My INTJ friend says the stuff I'm thinking often.. and doesn't mind if it offends... and I laugh.. and talk about how we're going to hell. I'm trying to book a tea party down there.