• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I'm an ENFP with a low EQ

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
EQ = hippie new-ager starbucks liberal answer to the IQ test.

Basically I apparently am an emotional retard who is incapable of determining the emotional state of the person I am talking to off their body language or tone. ENFP's are supposed to be GR8 at this. Discuss.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Basically I apparently am an emotional retard who is incapable of determining the emotional state of the person I am talking to off their body language or tone. ENFP's are supposed to be GR8 at this. Discuss.

Isn't it people with Fe who are supposed to be great at this...?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You're broken. Go back to manufacturer and hope you're still under warranty.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hence the situation.

You should read up on cognitive functions. :yes:

Edit: Okay, that didn't give you much to go on. According to cognitive functions theory, ENFPs primarily use Introverted Feeling (Fi), not Extroverted Feeling (Fe) which is the Feeling function that is other-focused. As such, ENFPs shouldn't necessarily be all that attuned with the emotional state of others based on body language and tone. I'd be more worried if you were ENFJ if I were you. (Uhh... If you know what I mean. :D)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Some questions:

How old are you? Your gender? What country to do you live and are you 'native' to it? Do you have any other emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, etc.?

You don't actually have to answer any of these, but these questions can help you figure out why you might not be tuning in as well to people as you would like or think you should be.

For ex:

Moving to a new culture, whether across national boundaries or within, can really mess up your social reader. You have to re/learn cues and signals that tell you what people are thinking and feeling and what's appropriate.

Age plays a big factor. Functions take a while to develop. People take a while to develop, etc.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hence the situation.

You're no ENFP, just an INFP who happens to be an extrovert on more occasions than most of us do. You HAVE NO Fe. HAHAHAHA. Come, be an introverted feeler with us!

EDIT: I realize everyone has the ability to use Fe, but that would detract from my post.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You're no ENFP, just an INFP who happens to be an extrovert on more occasions than most of us do. You HAVE NO Fe. HAHAHAHA. Come, be an introverted feeler with us!

EDIT: I realize everyone has the ability to use Fe, but that would detract from my post.

*ahem*
INFP-FiNe
ENFP-NeFi

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I am especially good at figuring out other people. Part of why I'm on these forums is so I will have way more people to learn from so that I can hone my NeFi empathy to some sort of giant spaceship shield to effectively counteract the NT logic ray.

My INFP boyfriend is not good at this at all. You might be an extraverted INFP, which is rad because I'm an introverted ENFP and we should be friends!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
EQ = hippie new-ager starbucks liberal answer to the IQ test.

You could think of it as "I'm too cool to care anyone". I know I would.

I will say though, that I'm usually terrible at knowing when a girl is interested in me.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't have any mental illnesses, never had depression or anxiety, in fact I'm a bit of an egotistical optimist. I'm also from the US of A, Western New York division (not the city)

I thought ENFP's were supposed to be mind readers?

sade

^ Nope, you're just supposed to have great people skills. Whatever that means. ;)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I find that my bullshit radar is so strong that I often end up alienating people by calling them out on their shit. Or, if it's someone I like, I will go the other way completely and encourage their bullshit because I see through it anyway, so it makes no difference to me! Both are behaviours I need to figure out how to manage better.

I've ended up being the relationship counselor of every one of my close friends. It's become kind of a problem because I'm not always right and I keep telling people that and they blame me whenever anything goes seriously wrong.

So, I guess better an ENFP with a low EQ than an ENFP with a fluctuating EQ!

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I keep becoming the relationship counselor to people. Its annoying.

G

Glycerine

I think NFP's are better at detecting B.S. and authenticity of a person and NFJ's are better at understanding others' emotional states. For example, NFP's will tell me the emotional vibes they get off of someone and I usually can explain accurately why the person is acting that way. OTOH, NFPs help me to figure out if someone's being fake or not.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm...i wonder if that's true for me.

i feel like i'm pretty aware of how people feel. i may not know why though is that what you mean?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
can determine motive usually, but that's after the fact. I can't tell someones emotional state unless I think about it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i do actually come up with a few reasons why...hmmm

you don't get a vibe from someone when they walk into the room? like a stressed person...or happy person?

can you tell when someone is lying to you?