User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: infp mind set

Default infp mind set

I was wondering what in others can bring out your mean or aggressive side? Please don't just say a violation of your principles without stating what those particular principles are.

Also, if you have it articulated in your head, could you give your general philosophy towards other people?

I ask these things because the infp's I know irl seem to have an almost "saintly" disposition towards others and I'm trying to get a better idea on what makes them tick. Any insight is appreciated.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

You want to know how to make your friends mad? You lil devil!

MBTI
    Infx

Intentionally make one of my friends sad, and you're on my shit list. I'm trying to think of how to word this one... I get really angry when people argue with me about something I KNOW isn't true, especially if it's just for the sake of being argumentative. Particularly if it's towards me (like.. about my character. Us NFs and our sense of self and all. XD). I second guess myself all the time.. so when I'm sure about something, it's damn well true, and I don't want lies to spread. And.. this can be a really insignificant point too.. like.. really dumb.. like.. "who took the last paperclip?" I just don't like people not knowing the truth if there's something I can do about it. Also, I tend to get upset(though not wrathful, because I know it's just kidding) when people play practical jokes on me. I don't like being reminded of how easy it is to get one over on me. I'll spend the next hour beating myself up over why I couldn't catch the trick.

General Philosophy? For every strength there is an opposite weakness, and vice versa. Each person has a good, useful side when put in the right situation. That same characteristic may make them asses in a different situation. So let the person be who they are and love them for their strengths and forgive them their weaknesses.

(Though, this is very general. There are people don't attempt to find or use their strengths at all, or intentionally use them to hurt others, and that's just not cool.)
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

28 views and two answers? Come on people hook me up. I swear it is not for evil purposes. Just trying to understand those around me a little better. You know, working on the f.

Thanks for your reply wolf.

heart on fire

^ You could also just read the posts by INFP on the board. No one really needs to give seperate answers here.

MBTI
    INFP

I think my greatest prejudice comes out when people are rude/selfish.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Frank, you're not going to to get your questions answered. The least preferred function of an INFP is Thinking, as a result many are led to demonize many ideas associated with Thinking. They often get upset when matters of Thinking are applied directly to their personal lives. Hence, such INFPs will interpret your thread as an attempt to analyze them, which strikes them as a grave evil.

If you want to understand INFPs, you need to observe them on your own, and carefully analyze them on your own endeavor. You will not understand the INFPs by discussing with them, because discussion inevitably introducing Thinking into the matter which they loathe. In short, do not be trying to have a reasonable discussion with INFPs on this board. That is very naive of you. They will almost always find a way to misunderstand your message, attribute sinister motives to your intentions and assume this is all some kind of an underhand attack on their character. Some INFPs will not behave in such a fashion, yet they will still fail to provide answers to your questions. In order to give you the answers that you are seeking, one must carefully think through the problem you have posed. Most INFPs on this board are not skilled enough at this activity to answer the question.

Just give up on this, do your own research.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Banned
    MBTI
    type

"Be BlueWing" is one way.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    In short, do not be trying to have a reasonable discussion with INFPs on this board. That is very naive of you.
    Does this mean you won't discuss with us anymore? Or, does it mean you admit being naive?

MBTI
    INFP

Tsk, SW.

A man of deep thought stereotyping? Naughty, naughty.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer