User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: infp mind set

  1. #41
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    SolitaryWalker, I take your opinion seriously in virtue of your value for it, yet I also don't take you seriously, for the thought that you may want to change your opinion later and not be held to what you've said. I think I can speak for others here, even if they seem to disagree..)
    I bet you can't point out a single statement in my post that is false, and even more so that you're unable to make a sound argument in favor the claim that any of my statements are false.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #42
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Still trolling for a little fishie today, SW?

    I think The Dawg, nolla and anti spoke pretty well regarding our group mindset about endless arguments about who's right and who's wrong. Most of us, I think, don't care.

    I speak out of turn in response to your question to anti. Nonetheless, not one of your statements is necessarily in error if you put the phrase, "Have a tendency toward. . ." in front of them.

    It is your assumption that all INFPs are unhealthy which makes your argument invalid from the start.

    But then we both know that you're here to try to best us in the place we live and that's rude and selfish, Guy.

    Keep trying and one of us will probably give your specious argument a little nibble. Then the game is on!

    Poor Frank. Looks like you're geting pre-empted.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Nah I got some pretty good answers. It appears sw is just doing his thing. Attempting to be the authority on personality types and human behaviour without what appears to be much real world experience. I have no doubt that he is extremely intelligent and able to interpret theory brilliantly, but the truth is interpretations will be fruitless until one is able to come down from their tower and actually mix it up with us common folk. Its kind of like trying to appreciate sex based on definitions of physiological responses. Not really a good substitute for experience.

  4. #44
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Oooo... Anja - can I bite?

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    If you want to understand INFPs, you need to observe them on your own, and carefully analyze them on your own endeavor. You will not understand the INFPs by discussing with them, because discussion inevitably *introducing Thinking into the matter which they loathe*. In short, do *not be trying to have a reasonable discussion with INFPs on this board*. That is very naive of you. They will almost always find a way to misunderstand your message, attribute sinister motives to your intentions and assume this is all some kind of an underhand attack on their character. Some INFPs will not behave in such a fashion, yet they will still fail to provide answers to your questions. In order to give you the answers that you are seeking, one must carefully think through the problem you have posed. *Most INFPs on this board are not skilled enough at this activity to answer the question.*
    Your claims are self-fulfilling prophesies that seem to be a natural consequence of your manner of communication. The bolded response flows naturally from the italicized *starred statements and assumptions* you make.

  5. #45
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Nah I got some pretty good answers. It appears sw is just doing his thing. Attempting to be the authority on personality types and human behaviour without what appears to be much real world experience. I have no doubt that he is extremely intelligent and able to interpret theory brilliantly, but the truth is interpretations will be fruitless until one is able to come down from their tower and actually mix it up with the common folk. Its kind of like trying to appreciate sex based on definitions of physiological responses. Not really a good substitute for experience.
    I like this guy, he's cool.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  6. #46
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Still trolling for a little fishie today, SW?

    I think The Dawg, nolla and anti spoke pretty well regarding our group mindset about endless arguments about who's right and who's wrong. Most of us, I think, don't care.

    I speak out of turn in response to your question to anti. Nonetheless, not one of your statements is necessarily in error if you put the phrase, "Have a tendency toward. . ." in front of them.

    It is your assumption that all INFPs are unhealthy which makes your argument invalid from the start.

    But then we both know that you're here to try to best us in the place we live and that's rude and selfish, Guy.

    Keep trying and one of us will probably give your specious argument a little nibble. Then the game is on!

    Poor Frank. Looks like you're geting pre-empted.
    Where in my post does it say that all INFPs are unhealthy?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #47
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Not playing today, SW, sorry.

    Maybe someone else will play your game with you.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  8. #48
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I was wondering what in others can bring out your mean or aggressive side? Please don't just say a violation of your principles without stating what those particular principles are.

    Also, if you have it articulated in your head, could you give your general philosophy towards other people?

    I ask these things because the infp's I know irl seem to have an almost "saintly" disposition towards others and I'm trying to get a better idea on what makes them tick. Any insight is appreciated.
    Anything that annoys me consistently for an extended period of time will probably bring out my mean/aggressive side. It's not violation of principles, it's just general aggravation. And my general philosophy I can think of that I've ever articulated that might relate to people is that, they're essentially the same as me. And that it's okay to listen to other people and be influenced by them and let them shape you, as long as you can do the same to other people as well.

  9. #49
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    One thing that really makes me lose respect for a person is when they form their judgements without using critical thought, especially if they refuse to explain where they came up with such to begin with.

    Another thing that really bothers me is people who form opinions on topics without researching anything about those topics.

    People who don't have a strong moral core are also hard to respect. If someone is inconsistant with the way they conduct their ethical life or throw out their opinions, it is very hard to trust or respect them.

    I hate when people make excuses for bullies, when people won't fight against a bully, when people won't admit that evil exists around them and make excuses for it. I blame them even more than the abusive person.

    I think a lot of pop psychology is applied wrongly and perpetuates people's tendancies to want to hide from evil, to deny evil, to "forgive" evil, etc. I think it also encourages denial of unhappiness etc. It's another example of people not wanting to study a subject deeply but just taking away a surface level of understanding and thinking that they are adept.

    People say it all the time "I don't want to think about evil. I don't even want to believe in evil!" They say it in all sorts of different ways but they say it.

    These people are the biggest reason for the woes in the world.

  10. #50
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    I was wondering what in others can bring out your mean or aggressive side? Please don't just say a violation of your principles without stating what those particular principles are.
    When people are assholes, without provocation.

    When people stand by watching, while someone needs help.

    When someone is being taken advantage of, willingly or unwillingly.


    Also, if you have it articulated in your head, could you give your general philosophy towards other people?
    Generally, treat others as I want to be treated.

    And if they want to be a dickhead, and if I am not able to find an amicable compromise, or a reason to ignore it, reciprocate. Physically if necessary.

    I have lost jobs because of it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP characteristics. What sets you apart?
    By Ayelless in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM
  2. [INFP] Tough Minded INFP?
    By Richardsen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 09:00 PM
  3. [INFP] Cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation for the INFP?
    By nielsen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
  4. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
  5. [NF] am i infj or infp?i'm open minded to any suggestions outside of this too thanks
    By INFtha14 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO