User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Apollanaut, FINALLY, someone who totally gets me! I not only feel things that are going to happen, but I'm up at night and can't sleep, for example, 3 days before the tsunami on the Indian Ocean, I was up at night and had this horrible feeling something bad was going to happen coupled with a deep sense of helplessness. No one knew why, it was Christmas, and didn't make sense. I've had dreams that in more than one case have come true. It's not so much that they happen all the time, because they are very rare, it's just that when they do, they are cosmic. So when people ask if I'm a psychic, I never go so far as to say yes, but simply, I dunno. Most of it, I take with a grain of salt, and don't put much stock in, but some of it affects me so personally, I barely have the words to express it.

And to Bronte, many hugs, especially for John Denver's "Grandma's feather Bed" avatar. LOL!
    Woah. I dreamed about that same incident! About a week before it happened. I also dreamed up 9/11 two months before it happened. Different contexts, of course.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I shouldn't post on serious threads when I'm tipsy. What I meant to say I'm good at predicting things, because of the whole pattern recognition, bigger picture seeing, random connection things. Not like the kinda mysterious plucking out of the air thing that INFJ's do, although, to other people it's probably just as freaky, but it is definitely, attributable to the reading of current "Vibes" of people.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I shouldn't post on serious threads when I'm tipsy. What I meant to say I'm good at predicting things, because of the whole pattern recognition, bigger picture seeing, random connection things. Not like the kinda mysterious plucking out of the air thing that INFJ's do, although, to other people it's probably just as freaky, but it is definitely, attributable to the reading of current "Vibes" of people.
    Ni

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I thought it was Ne, with a Dash of Fi.
    Why Ni? Curious.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Going further into this, with the abitity to "read people", do you guys have the dilemma of feeling someone else's emotion so strongly that you think that you have become that person and you just feel like you are going to "explode"?
    Could you delve a bit deeper into the part that I bolded? It sounds like your strong empathy hits you in a very different way than it does me, and I'm curious to hear about that.

I definitely feel other people's emotions very intensely. However, with me I tend to soak it in like a sponge. It can eventually overwhelm me, though it's not common. Instead of having to become the other person, I take on their pain and then try to figure out ways to make it better, as if it were actually me feeling their emotions. (I don't really consider that a good thing, as people need to fix their own problems in their own way.)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I thought it was Ne, with a Dash of Fi.
    Why Ni? Curious.
    You described Ni to a t. Note that anyone who tells you this means you're INFJ is a couple cans short of a six-pack.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    ....the INFP's is from a tuning so fine, no other type can feel it.... the INFP's understanding of feelings is second nature as they are primarily interested in the ideal behind the object, and so read out of the person (infp) not into (infj). If that makes sense.
    I'll offer indirect support by comparing it to Ti+Ne.

As soon as I see something (a system of ideas, a situation, or even people because I've learned a lot about systematic behavior and psychological development and had varied life experiences), I'll immediately get an idea of where the system is going, whether it's balanced, what the flaws/weaknesses are, what the strengths are, which parts work smoothly together, whether there is some inconsistency that is being masked, etc. It's like an instantaneous modeling inside my head of all the forces at work and what the net result will be.

If I try to slow it down, I see at this stage it's really still a flurry of minute calculations, like a computer would do, coupled with pattern recognition based on experience and theory, rather than completely bypassing everything or having a mystical source.

But it's still very much a "flash."

I intuit that INFP does the same thing, but just uses a "personal values" ruleset rather than a more impersonal one.

Funny thing: INxP should be good at noticing hidden weaknesses in people (or potential lies), but the INFPs I know tend to err on the side of assuming that people will aspire to the ideal and thus are slower to accept that the inconsistencies designate something negative about the person in question.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'll offer indirect support by comparing it to Ti+Ne.

As soon as I see something (a system of ideas, a situation, or even people because I've learned a lot about systematic behavior and psychological development and had varied life experiences), I'll immediately get an idea of where the system is going, whether it's balanced, what the flaws/weaknesses are, what the strengths are, which parts work smoothly together, whether there is some inconsistency that is being masked, etc. It's like an instantaneous modeling inside my head of all the forces at work and what the net result will be.
    Ni/Te (Seriously).

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Funny thing: INxP should be good at noticing hidden weaknesses in people (or potential lies), but the INFPs I know tend to err on the side of assuming that people will aspire to the ideal and thus are slower to accept that the inconsistencies designate something negative about the person in question.
    Yes! My knee-jerk reaction is to believe that people are telling me the truth. It takes active effort for me to pick out unfavorable traits in people, and once I start I can have a hard time stopping.

INFJs seem to naturally notice an inconsistency in someone's story, and are quick to zero in on whatever is sticking out until they pick out the lie.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yes! My knee-jerk reaction is to believe that people are telling me the truth. It takes active effort for me to pick out unfavorable traits in people, and once I start I can have a hard time stopping.

INFJs seem to naturally notice an inconsistency in someone's story, and are quick to zero in on whatever is sticking out until they pick out the lie.
    It's a cool thing though. That's what I like about you guys. You can see good readily in almost anyone. Out of 5 INFPs (4 awesome ones and 1 unheathy one) I've known, 4 were very much like this.