User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    A fantastic description, which accords well with my own knowledge and experiences of both INFJs (mostly myself!) and INFPs (various friends and my father).

+1! So well put and in a way which validates and values both types
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Apollanaut, FINALLY, someone who totally gets me! I not only feel things that are going to happen, but I'm up at night and can't sleep, for example, 3 days before the tsunami on the Indian Ocean, I was up at night and had this horrible feeling something bad was going to happen coupled with a deep sense of helplessness. No one knew why, it was Christmas, and didn't make sense. I've had dreams that in more than one case have come true. It's not so much that they happen all the time, because they are very rare, it's just that when they do, they are cosmic. So when people ask if I'm a psychic, I never go so far as to say yes, but simply, I dunno. Most of it, I take with a grain of salt, and don't put much stock in, but some of it affects me so personally, I barely have the words to express it.

And to Bronte, many hugs, especially for John Denver's "Grandma's feather Bed" avatar. LOL!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Apollanaut, FINALLY, someone who totally gets me! I not only feel things that are going to happen, but I'm up at night and can't sleep, for example, 3 days before the tsunami on the Indian Ocean, I was up at night and had this horrible feeling something bad was going to happen coupled with a deep sense of helplessness. No one knew why, it was Christmas, and didn't make sense. I've had dreams that in more than one case have come true. It's not so much that they happen all the time, because they are very rare, it's just that when they do, they are cosmic. So when people ask if I'm a psychic, I never go so far as to say yes, but simply, I dunno. Most of it, I take with a grain of salt, and don't put much stock in, but some of it affects me so personally, I barely have the words to express it.LOL!
    Yeah, that's exactly how I am, too! There's a lot of discussion on this forum trying to explain Ni - how it isn't really mystical or psychic or whatever, and a lot of the time it isn't, but sometimes.....

I have had many prophetic dreams or visions in my life which later came true - often involving major disasters such as plane crashes, earthquakes and yes, the 2004 Tsunami, which actually came to me in a waking meditation several years before it actually happened.

Of course, skeptics could say that it's just coincidence, but the details in the vision were just too similar to the actual event for me to dismiss it in that way. At the time I had the vision, I "knew" that it was showing me something that wouldn't happen for years.

Oh, Wow!, typing this now, I'm getting that familiar tingle which precedes another Ni revelation. This one is telling me that there will be more events like the Asian Tsunami in the not-too-distant future, possibly even more destructive. The frustrating part for me is that there is nothing I can do about these images. I cannot say exactly when the events will happen (in the past it has varied from a few minutes to several years for them to occur).

There is no valid warning I can issue, nor any action I can take to do anything about them, save to trust my intuition to warn me to avoid a specific danger area at a certain time (this has happened in the past - I have a sort of "Spider-sense" for danger which I ignore at my peril).

Do you have that as well?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFP

I've also learned to "listen" to my intuition. It's been easy in the past to let others convince me I'm silly but I've ignored my intuition too many times in the past with unhappy conseqences to ignore it.

I have been given many messages over the years from my subconscious (or whatever it is.) Sometimes they're frivolous and other times serious. Some of them don't happen. Some have happened decades after the fact.

It rarely costs me any problem to pay attention and when my premonitions are accurate I am glad that I've been mindful of them.

I rarely discuss them anymore with Sensors because I got tired of my reality being discounted.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Spider-sense is a good way of putting it, because that's the feeling, usually followed with a great big, WHY, feeling. Why am I feeling this way? Is it something I ate? As it came out of the blue, and I have no earthly reason to feel this way. Then, lots of deductive and rational questions strongly trying to disprove the highly personally affecting feelings, I really don't want to feel. There's a difference between just dreaming, random and normal REM sleep, and one dream that you talk about and think about all day, week, month, years to come, that affects me, as though, the core of my innermost being has somehow been touched with an unexplainable reality, either in the past, present, or future...??....

Very burdensome, and unwelcome, when they do happen, at least to me.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... that kind of spider-sense intuition I don't have. My mom does, though. She doesn't talk about it much anymore (probably because she has been in an institution and they might have made her more skeptical about it), but she used to. She had a "weird feeling" and then a big ship sunk on the baltic sea. She has sensed some people dying and so on...

My intuition is more connected to human behavior. Most of the time I know feelings other people have even if they don't show them at all. There are people who give me the creeps for no reason at all and then, if I am forced to spend a lot of time with them, they see that I see them and become really freaky when I am around. This "ability" has made me very critical about movies, actually. I can see so easily when an actor isn't really in the character that it has many times ruined my movie watching pleasure

Oh, I do have dreams that came true. They were all about very mundane situations. I have tried to figure out why I saw them, but haven't found any answers...

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... that kind of spider-sense intuition I don't have. My mom does, though. She doesn't talk about it much anymore (probably because she has been in an institution and they might have made her more skeptical about it), but she used to. She had a "weird feeling" and then a big ship sunk on the baltic sea. She has sensed some people dying and so on...

My intuition is more connected to human behavior. Most of the time I know feelings other people have even if they don't show them at all. There are people who give me the creeps for no reason at all and then, if I am forced to spend a lot of time with them, they see that I see them and become really freaky when I am around. This "ability" has made me very critical about movies, actually. I can see so easily when an actor isn't really in the character that it has many times ruined my movie watching pleasure

Oh, I do have dreams that came true. They were all about very mundane situations. I have tried to figure out why I saw them, but haven't found any answers...
    This is all very true for me as well. Most of the time when I have those prophetic feelings, they're wrong. Iím fairly decent at judging peopleís intentions, however. The problem for me is that I typically read people off of the vibes that they're sending, making it a very black and white situation, so occasionally Iíll be mistaken. Itís difficult for me to trust my intuition anymore, unless itís a situation where it only affects me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    This is all very true for me as well. Most of the time when I have those prophetic feelings, they're wrong. Iím fairly decent at judging peopleís intentions, however. The problem for me is that I typically read people off of the vibes that they're sending, making it a very black and white situation, so occasionally Iíll be mistaken. Itís difficult for me to trust my intuition anymore, unless itís a situation where it only affects me.
    Oops, I thought you were an INFJ, but your an INFP, so that makes sense that you don't experience it the same as us.

If you were an INFJ.....

Then I'd submit that you haven't experienced those feelings to the extent that we have, yet. Honing your tertiary Introverted Thinking is mandatory for making clearer intuitive assertions. One helps the other, and in our case, our IT, helps us a lot. In the dream or premonition, the subject is always secondary to the primary feeling of how it affects me. If I feel safe, then the message will lead to an understanding towards something to do with how I will feel safe. The feeling is always the guiding qualifier for deconstructing whatever the subject or image is. I may have a dream about a river and people are in the river, but it's the feeling of either peace or panic, that qualify's the objective insight that the dream is portraying. Normally, when I have had these dreams, it's often, fear, panic, anxiety, hopelessness, helplessness, and tragedy. Those are felt, almost apart, from the image and subject matter itself, like a disconnect from what is happening in the dream and the feelings about the dream. Very hard to explain. My mind often confuses images and subjects in dreams, and I can clearly tell apart those dreams with lasting significance, and the ones that are normal REM. I know by the definitive feeling qualifier. One touches the core of my being, the other does not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

OK, now I'm really spooked! I just got back from my lunchbreak, which I spent in the local mall. I was browsing in a bookshop when I felt drawn towards a corner I never usually explore.

Staring at me on the shelf was a huge hardback book with the title "TSUNAMI". Sure enough, it was all about the 2004 tsunami, literally minutes after our discussion here! When I opened the book it immediately fell open on a page discussing how a large tsunami could strike without warning in many locations around the world, possibly with even more casualties than in 2004.

At this point, I got one of those unmistakable Ni tingles down my spine; for me these are usually the hallmark of a genuine Intuition rather than a mere coincidence. :eek:
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Glycerine

Thank you. All this sounds so fascinating!