User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Which other types have you found to be consistently disastrous in relationships?

I'm an INFJ, and I mean, I'm a TOTAL INFJ. Everything they write about us is etched in my soul. I am wary of giving "typology" more power than it warrants in general, but I have to concede its applicability to me. It is completely consistent.

I am also finding complete consistency in the good/bad of typing in my relationship history, to wit:

I have been deeply involved with three ISTJ's. All three were disastrous.

I lived with an INTJ for 5 years. In the end, it turned out not to be, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

I am strongly attracted to an INFP at this time.

One of my best friends is an INFJ, like me, the first female INFJ I've ever been close to. And another of my best friends, a woman, is an ISTJ --- but we are not romantically involved in any way, and this seems to work out just fine.

At any rate: my conclusion is, ISTJ BAD FOR ME!!! (or, one might also say, ME BAD FOR ISTJs!!!)

Is there any type that you, as an INFJ, just seem to do terribly with?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I had a similarly bad experience with ISTJ. We were married 8 years. He ruined my life. And vice versa.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

I have been married to an ISTJ for 22 years. They are not a "best-fit" for an NF in my opinion.

The good: Good with money, organized, detail oriented and loyal.

The bad: Moody, sarcastic, cynical and out of touch with feelings.

Mind you, this is only my ISTJ.

My ISTJ has no understanding of my kooky sense of humor and a complete inability to understand the depth of NF feeling and emotion. It is not the best situation. More of a parent-child type thing with me in the child role.

violaine

I was with an ISTJ for a while. Longest and most serious relationship. He was most definitely not good for me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm not a total J, but I can get along with everybody. It's just that certain people don't want to get along with me. I have bumped heads with ESTJ's the most. And I'm wary around xSTP's.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

And I'm wary around xSTP's.
    Yeah, xSTPs can feel dangerous for some reason. Might me their penchant for dangerous hobbies. (One I know built a ghetto rocket launcher)
    I don't quite know many people of different types and only guess at a few, but I figure SJs are the ones that usually give off vibes that bug me somehow, similar for ESPs, they're kinda TOO playful.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

heart on fire

Dated ESTx, misery and disconnect for both.

Dated ISTJ, disaster, frustration and boredom for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

I went through a very twisted cycle with an ISFJ and it was very painful and disasterous. I think she was half/half with T/F but she really hurt me twice and I don't really know how to start dating again thinking will I find someone...

The Mind is in essence our soul.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    I have been married to an ISTJ for 22 years. They are not a "best-fit" for an NF in my opinion.

My ISTJ has no understanding of my kooky sense of humor and a complete inability to understand the depth of NF feeling and emotion. It is not the best situation. More of a parent-child type thing with me in the child role.
    are you cool with your role though or does it piss you off?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post

If it's not too forward: may I ask why you married this person? I'm seriously curious. What told you to enter into matrimony with this man? Was it always this way with him?

In my case, I've never been tempted to date another J, so I'm limited to my personal experience and those are more 'personality flaw' than 'personality'.

My parents are INFJ - ESTJ, and that erupted in a ball of flame pretty much right away. They got divorced right after we were born.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious