Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

My history goes -
    ESFP several times (she was heaps flighty),
    ISFP (I got flighty...),
    ESFP (she drove me crazy very quickly).

And so I've been sticking to those meaningless hook ups since waiting for 'the one' to appear haha... yes the inner cynic laughs but I know it will happen!! Most recent was an ENFP - now she wants more and I'm just not down... man I'm a jerk.
    But I'm young!!

MBTI
    INFJ

ENTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I am an INFJ.

The one person (non-romantic) who drives me the most crazy is an ISTJ.

The one person who hurt me more than anyone ever (also non-romantic) is an ESFP or ENFP. She was wicked - pretended to be like a best friend and then used every piece of personal information she learned about me to emotionally attack and try to personally detroy me.

My husband/soul mate/most perfect person for me is either ENFJ or ESFJ. The moment we met, it was like talking to a long-lost friend.

I am very attracted to INFP's & ENFJ's.

I cannot stand NT men. They drive me absolutely crazy. I do not for the life of me see why some MB books pair NF's and NT's. I absolutely have to have both friends and romances be F's, not T's.

A window to the soul

ESTJ.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 07-04-2010 at 06:16 PM.

MBTI
    infp

ISTJ, ruined my life (Yeah I know I let him, but still lol) and caused some serious damage to any ability I may have in the future to form a new relationship with any other type.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I haven't had much serious relationship experience, but I have done my share of dating...

I hate to jump on the ISTJ bandwagon, because I actually find them pretty cool for friends (if you avoid the lame ones, like any type), but I find when they get infatuated with you they become bull-doggish. That's a real turn-off for me. ISFJs get too needy - another turn-off.

ESTPs and I will click fast, but I have a feeling it would mean my destruction. I've never gotten very romantic with one, but I was business partners with one, and she threw me for a loop big time (but I did get the last laugh). Took me a year to recover from that $%&#! :steam:

I find ISTPs and I never really click - we can have tons in common on the surface, but I'm just too shy/bookish for them. INTJs produce a similar enigma effect - a weird draw that never pans out.

I DIE over ENFJs, but I'm starting to wonder why it never goes anywhere....I think they're holding out for the holy grail and missing great opportunities because of it. Although I admit I've been the one holding out before .

INTPs and I just disintegrate into arguing, but I admit that the one I mainly dealt with was VERY unhealthy. A healthy one might be great.

So there are patterns, but nothing to convince me to steer clear of a type in general. I'm dating an ESFP right now, which I never would have dreamed of .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Dated an ESTJ for over four years because I was attracted to many of the qualities he possessed which I didn't. We made a good practical team in many regards with me providing big picture vision and empathetic people skills and him good with practical details and schmoozing (which is a great ability!). We both loved being hosts and cooking and we travelled well together. Both were easygoing in different ways and quite focussed in other ways. Overall though, the unawareness of his own emotional state, need for control, dislike of vulnerability, self-containedness, and lack of shared vision made me conclude that I wouldn't go for the same again. My ENFJ mother married my ISTJ dad and again, they have a lot of complementary traits, but their communication and conflict resolution styles are very different and I don't think my dad sees what my mum's emotional needs are and he feels ill-equipped to meet them. So I don't think I'd recommend either of those two types.

From what I can see, ISTP would also be a bad match.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

ISTJ. Fortunately I saw the warning signs before we had dated for very long and got the fuck out of that relationship.

Then she started a bunch of rumors that I had raped her >_<
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP

[QUOTE=fidelia;1237974]Dated an ESTJ for over four years because I was attracted to many of the qualities he possessed which I didn't. We made a good practical team in many regards with me providing big picture vision and empathetic people skills and him good with practical details and schmoozing (which is a great ability!). We both loved being hosts and cooking and we travelled well together. Both were easygoing in different ways and quite focussed in other ways. Overall though, the unawareness of his own emotional state, need for control, dislike of vulnerability, self-containedness, and lack of shared vision made me conclude that I wouldn't go for the same again. My ENFJ mother married my ISTJ dad and again, they have a lot of complementary traits, but their communication and conflict resolution styles are very different and I don't think my dad sees what my mum's emotional needs are and he feels ill-equipped to meet them. So I don't think I'd recommend either of those two types.

From what I can see, ISTP would also be a bad match.[/QUOTE]

In many ways, I still love the ISTP that I'm separated from. He is all the things you describe in the bolded part. He's recently shown he can be vulnerable, but then he retreats. I don't mind the self-containedness, though when it shows itself as "I won't tell you how I feel no matter what," then that becomes too much work for me. It's difficult for him to see what my emotional needs are, though I tell him what they are. He sees things mostly from his perspective and it's not easy for him to emphathize or to meet my needs, as I need them met.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Maybe it's because i'm young that I don't understand.
    What are "emotional needs"? What are examples of some?
    ENFP 6w7 sp/sx