First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Do you ever tell them you need them? Seriously, it's not easy for us to "see" that, though it looks obvious to an ENFP.
    At this point in my life it would just feel too awkward, too.... forced? My brother is an INTP and we just don't hug. If he did hug me it would because someone told us to hug and there again it would feel forced and awkward. My whole immediate family are not much into sharing feelings so I've just learned to accept it.
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't let many people hug me, but my ENFP best friend knows she always has permission.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i like INTJs. we often get along well and see eye to eye on a lot of things. heavy Te can be a bore to me sometimes though.

i love how they're usually a warm glowing center inside a cold exterior. it's endearing. good banter with INTJs usually. but sometimes they start going on about things that i don't care at all about. often we have VERY different sets of interests, and i've gotten the vibe from more than one INTJ that they think the thing they're interested in is objectively better than the thing i'm interested in.

but they really are great listeners for the most part. great at keeping a cool head and giving practical advice when i'm losing my head over something.

i'm for 'em.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    but they really are great listeners for the most part.
    That's because we can't get a word in edgewise.

Just kidding. Sort of. Sometimes I can't figure out why my extremely ENFP mother enjoys talking to me, because I don't actually get to say anything.
    Likes five sounds, SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They're A-OK. As Ns we can find interesting things to bounce off of each other, Ne and Ni complement each other nicely, expansion and contraction. I find that some expression of Se feel a bit shallow, liking the shiny things.

From my experiences, their I always tend to feel like interacting with them is a type of unspoken negotiation on some level. It's the Te, they silently assert and I tend to be hyper-aware of such unseen forces, it can turn into a battle.

My hobby is reading people's intentions, in my experience, they don't like that much.

They don't let me get near them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    They don't let me get near them.
    That pesky introvert bubble gets in the way sometimes.
    Likes iamnotthepita liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    At this point in my life it would just feel too awkward, too.... forced? My brother is an INTP and we just don't hug. If he did hug me it would because someone told us to hug and there again it would feel forced and awkward. My whole immediate family are not much into sharing feelings so I've just learned to accept it.
    Oh shit, you wanted a hug? I didn't read that in your post. I didn't know that at all. How was I suppose to know??

See what I'm saying? If you really needed a hug, you have to tell us. Or stand there like this....

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I don't let many people hug me, but my ENFP best friend knows she always has permission.
    My ENFP friends just do it to get the reaction, usually at the most inopportune times. Like when I'm making dinner...

Here lemme huuugggg yoooouuuuu!!!
    STAPH! You are smushing my face!
    You're so cute!
    Seriously, stop or I'm going to vegetable peeler you to death.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

See what I'm saying? If you really needed a hug, you have to tell us.
    I understand that, I do, and my mom and I hug on occasion, however, because of that feeling of keeping things at arm's length (both physically and emotionally for basically all 30 years of my life) for me it feels awkward and I don't want it to feel forced. I guess that's on my part but I will say it's awesome when I need to bounce ideas around. My mom and I are always generating some interesting ideas.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I'm emotionally scarred by INTJs, everyone has their flaws, even me, but they can be a delight when both Ne and Ni get together.
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney