User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default INFJs: Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

I read that keeping in touch with people is part of Fe. However, this is not one of my strengths. For example, I don't keep in touch with people from former jobs. I'm just curious how this compares to most INFJs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

No. And I get berated for it all the time. Sometimes I'm just too busy, lazy, forgetful, fill in the blank. And sometimes it's on purpose.

Glycerine

not really. I try to look forward not back. Unless there is a strong connection with someone, I leave my past behind me. This may be due to the fact that we are future-oriented.

Sniffles

No can't say that I am. I'm often too preoccupied with other affairs to either bother or even remember. *sigh*

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Not particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK
    Unless there is a strong connection with someone, I leave my past behind me.
    In general true for me - with those I've become friends with, I stay in touch, although communication may be infrequent. With former coworkers/classmates/acquaintances, I guess I just don't see much point in maintaining contact. *shrug*
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Once I consider someone a good friend I am very good at keeping in touch with them, even if they live in a different country or I don't see them for several years. Of course there needs to be some kind of at least irregular response from the other person for me to keep staying in touch.

With people that are mere acquaintances I may add them on Facebook to keep a very thin connection, one never knows if one might need the advice or help of a specific person one used to know. I also tend to respond very quickly at least with a short email if one of these people contacts me, I would find it very rude just to ignore them.

A lot of coworkers, classmates etc I don't stay in contact with unless perhaps they want to add me on Facebook. I tend to leave the past behind me without really looking back, unless there was some real connection between me and a person or I feel it might be helpful to have you as a contact I don't see much of a point in staying in touch.

Epic. Fail.

Unless I really, really want to, which doesn't happen often.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ

I try. Facebook helps. Of course it comes naturally when the person in question is/was a close friend.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    fool

The people that are my friends and in my life, yes, acquintances, no

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

No. And I get berated for it all the time. Sometimes I'm just too busy, lazy, forgetful, fill in the blank. And sometimes it's on purpose.

Ditto this. I am terrible at keeping in touch. I keep telling myself that I'll be sorry one day, so that usually gets me on the phone.

I hate the phone.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~