• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs: Are you good at keeping in touch with people?

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't keep in touch, because I don't think to do so, nor do I really want to. I totally get where you other introverts are coming from. We really don't need to be around people, in fact, it's often straining and not energizing to do so for us. To say we need to keep tabs on everyone we know all the time, and constantly keep up to date on all our friends all the time, sounds like something a retarded type A dictator would say. I say, "screw you and horse you road in on", if my friends are real friends and they spend the time getting to know enough about me, to understand that, and if that offends them, then that's their problem, not mine. I hate when people are trying to guilt me, it drives me up the freaking wall, just like jakuwhat said.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
If I move away from you permanently- that's pretty much the end of the relationship. I try to write but life goes on.

I have to have quality time with a person to maintain a relationship.
I have to have that- one on one- tete a tete- in person time.

Now- as far as keeping in touch with people who are in the same city or area as I am then yes. I am very good about relationship maintainance. I am good about keeping people posted about what I am up to and how I am doing and keep people keep me posted about them and what they are up to and instigate quality time together.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Only if you were a major player in my life would I stay in touch with you. Even if you try to stay in touch with me, I'll let my side down. I'm not proud of it, but it is how I stay sane.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've started to contact family members more and more lately. It's really good sometimes to have an SJ-family that really values family :D ... they've had to put up with me being sloppy in contacting them but they really have patience, I love them :D

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I am awful with keeping in touch with people as well. I don't go too far out of my way. All my friends from high school often ask me to come hang out with them and stuff when we're on our breaks from college, but I haven't for the last three years.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm good but only as far as I don't intend to keep in touch in the first place.

(yes , I'm an infj today

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm terrible at keeping in touch. I prefer keeping in touch through e-mail because I can edit my mail several times before sending it. But it is harder with the older generation where I am from, because they prefer to use the phone or would appreciate a visit. They use a mobile as a phone and don't care much for text messages while I prefer text messages because it is less intrusive than a phone call. So I really have to make time for social calls otherwise we end up meeting only at baptisms and funeral wakes. And I find it disrespectful catching up with people at a relatives' funeral...although many people here do.