User Tag List

12 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Question INFs and the ISFP

Have any of you introverted NFs ever been in touch with an ISFP ? What effet did he/she have on you ?

I have known this ISFP girl and I believe I have never admired anyone as much as I have her. I literally felt ashamed of myself around her. She played the fiddle very well and had a killing charm about it. She was so sweet, friendly and enthusiastic that it made everybody melt (I became aware that she left the same impression on pretty much everyone else). She was also very pretty which gave you the impression she was perfect. I naturally felt she was beyond reach, and really feared she would despise me, but she didn't and was always quite modest about everything.
    It is a very disturbing experience for an Idealist.

Any thoughts ?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

One of my best friends is an ISFP. He is pretty cool... It's pretty much impossible for us to get in an arguement even though I can pretty clearly see the S vs N differences. We give each other very good advice, using Fi but one POV with S and the other with N.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ISFPs, I had some good friends and bad girlfriends from that type. One was a better friend that a girlfriend. This is also the type of my youngest brother, whom I still have to haul out of the deep dark pit that is our hometown...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    ISFPs, I had some good friends and bad girlfriends from that type.
    The aforementioned ISFP disappointed me in the end by not keeping her word about something that meant a lot for me, but I found out she wasn't aware of it and was going through tough times so my feelings are still good when I think about her.

I realize though that I've known some other SFPs that have let me down or forgot a promise and they didn't realize it or feel bad about it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Have any of you introverted NFs ever been in touch with an ISFP ? What effect did he/she have on you ?
    For the most part, I like the ISFPs I've met, and I've met many. A couple I haven't, but they were rare. I just think they are all-around great people. They are friendly without being imposing. One in particular has a calming effect on me whenever he's around because he has a really laidback and kind personality and is very accepting. Indeed, I would say something magical happens when I'm around certain ISFPs.

heart on fire

I have ISFP friend, have never argued with her, she's very caring and very loyal. Nothing she won't do to help me. We get very silly around each other and have a very good time. Also share many similar values and agree on more issues than disagree on. Most harmonious relationship with any person I've ever had.

The only points of friction are that she tends to avoid thinking about the more sinister side of life and if I want to wax abstract about these issues I have to do with someone else. But that's fine, that why a person has more than one friend.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The only points of friction are that she tends to avoid thinking about the more sinister side of life and if I want to wax abstract about these issues I have to do with someone else. But that's fine, that why a person has more than one friend.

What if the ISFP is depressed or going through hard times? Will he avoid the more sinister subjects still ? What is an ISFP depression like ?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    What if the ISFP is depressed or going through hard times? Will he avoid the more sinister subjects still ? What is an ISFP depression like ?
    She's always this way. When she's stressed or depressed she just gets really Te and a bit dictatorial with the "shoulds" etc and being all "get things done now!" It's totally unlike her normal self.

I just let it roll off my back.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    She's always this way. When she's stressed or depressed she just gets really Te and a bit dictatorial with the "shoulds" etc and being all "get things done now!" It's totally unlike her normal self.

I just let it roll off my back.
    Type shadow?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Glycerine

I have a strong feeling that my close friend is ISFP. She's naturally nonconformist and very adventurous. She's an awesome person. We RARELY get into fights like maybe 3 times in the 11 yrs I've known her.