• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFs and the ISFP

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Have any of you introverted NFs ever been in touch with an ISFP ? What effet did he/she have on you ?

I have known this ISFP girl and I believe I have never admired anyone as much as I have her. I literally felt ashamed of myself around her. She played the fiddle very well and had a killing charm about it. She was so sweet, friendly and enthusiastic that it made everybody melt (I became aware that she left the same impression on pretty much everyone else). She was also very pretty which gave you the impression she was perfect. I naturally felt she was beyond reach, and really feared she would despise me, but she didn't and was always quite modest about everything.
It is a very disturbing experience for an Idealist. :shock:

Any thoughts ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my best friends is an ISFP. He is pretty cool... It's pretty much impossible for us to get in an arguement even though I can pretty clearly see the S vs N differences. We give each other very good advice, using Fi but one POV with S and the other with N.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFPs, I had some good friends and bad girlfriends from that type. One was a better friend that a girlfriend. This is also the type of my youngest brother, whom I still have to haul out of the deep dark pit that is our hometown...

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
ISFPs, I had some good friends and bad girlfriends from that type.

The aforementioned ISFP disappointed me in the end by not keeping her word about something that meant a lot for me, but I found out she wasn't aware of it and was going through tough times so my feelings are still good when I think about her.

I realize though that I've known some other SFPs that have let me down or forgot a promise and they didn't realize it or feel bad about it.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have any of you introverted NFs ever been in touch with an ISFP ? What effect did he/she have on you ?

For the most part, I like the ISFPs I've met, and I've met many. A couple I haven't, but they were rare. I just think they are all-around great people. They are friendly without being imposing. One in particular has a calming effect on me whenever he's around because he has a really laidback and kind personality and is very accepting. Indeed, I would say something magical happens when I'm around certain ISFPs.

heart

heart on fire
I have ISFP friend, have never argued with her, she's very caring and very loyal. Nothing she won't do to help me. We get very silly around each other and have a very good time. Also share many similar values and agree on more issues than disagree on. Most harmonious relationship with any person I've ever had.

The only points of friction are that she tends to avoid thinking about the more sinister side of life and if I want to wax abstract about these issues I have to do with someone else. But that's fine, that why a person has more than one friend.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
The only points of friction are that she tends to avoid thinking about the more sinister side of life and if I want to wax abstract about these issues I have to do with someone else. But that's fine, that why a person has more than one friend.

What if the ISFP is depressed or going through hard times? Will he avoid the more sinister subjects still ? What is an ISFP depression like ?

heart

heart on fire
What if the ISFP is depressed or going through hard times? Will he avoid the more sinister subjects still ? What is an ISFP depression like ?

She's always this way. When she's stressed or depressed she just gets really Te and a bit dictatorial with the "shoulds" etc and being all "get things done now!" It's totally unlike her normal self.

I just let it roll off my back.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's always this way. When she's stressed or depressed she just gets really Te and a bit dictatorial with the "shoulds" etc and being all "get things done now!" It's totally unlike her normal self.

I just let it roll off my back.

Type shadow?

G

Glycerine

I have a strong feeling that my close friend is ISFP. She's naturally nonconformist and very adventurous. She's an awesome person. We RARELY get into fights like maybe 3 times in the 11 yrs I've known her.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...We RARELY get into fights like maybe 3 times in the 11 yrs I've known her.

This seems to be a common trait if you just swap the S/N part of a type. A very good friend type.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aesthetically inclined, technically skilled, but far more down-to-earth. it's very be here now, which is sometimes exactly what i need when i have been spending my days and weeks with my head in the clouds scanning, scanning, scanning. plus they're comforting and focused (not scattered), which makes for good one-to-one.

maerzhase

My new friend is an isfp. I am very fond of him. He has two children of his own just like me and he is cares for them in a way I just can't imagine a man could. I really enjoy his company. He is so comforting. He tries to please me all the time. Something I am not used to from my ex-entp-husband. I suspect my love for this man may be an aversive reaction to the relationship I had with my ex. The only thing that worries me slightly is the thought he may not tell me if something is missing in our relationship or that I might hurt him by accident without finding out in time to mend it. Though he often seems to worry that I could have a problem with him since he is constantly asking me whether everything is fine. I start to feel I might have to stop showing him all my moodswing if they are not connected to him. Could it be that isfp have a tendency to want to feel happy all the time?

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm currently seeing a guy who's an ISFP. He's so warm and affectionate and makes me melt into a puddle...:wubbie:

Also, I met him off myspace. LOL.

The first few times we would message eachother back, rarely skipping days. First, our messages would be pretty short, then, being the INFP I am, my messages gradually became longer and longer... and thus, so did his. Haha. We had alot of similar interests, and we pretty much believe we were twins. We had the same favorite type of music and holiday, same habits, both have a love for art... (heck, we both make art), we both love the unusual... were were the same in almost every way possible. Heck, our childhoods were even alike!

The only thing that differed between us was the fact that he was a more hands on person and liked to be up n about doing things... and multitask like crazy. I, on the otherhand, would rather be a lazyass. :cheese:
Although he's pretty lazy himself. lol. We both have the tendency to drift off into daydreams and sleep in alot. Another difference is that I love reading books... and he doesn't. He thinks they're boring and would ratherwatch a movie instead. :rolli:

The first time we met (was actually this January), it was a tad bit awkward (...darn Introvert-ness!). But it was all good, because after awhile, I was pretty comfortable being around him. We went and hung with his friends at the mall (who were clearly extravert), and he tried teaching me to play the guitar (I was really clumsy :blush:). From what I have observed that day, he's a really sweet and popular person. He knew so many people! :shock: Made me feel weird, since I'm only close to a select few since I don't go out alot. He's very skilled at playing guitar and plays in a punk/ska band. He's also pretty... uhm... feminine? Haha. Not only in looks, but also in behavior. Haha. I still luff him though. He's also very good with kids and animals. He taught his 3 year old nephew to do the caramel danse.

The next time we're meeting again is this Friday. Can't wait!<333

Anyways. Nuff of my loveydovey talk. Hah.

All I can say about ISFPs is that they are amazing. They have the most wonderful sense of style and humor and are just overall fun to hang out with. It's hard not to like one! Haha. Also, one of my best friends is an ISFP. She's pretty much the same as the dude I'm seeing except for the fact that her N side is more developed. She can get pretty in depth with the abstract talk. {:

She knows how to play the piano real well and come up with some awesome dishes when cooking. She's great with kids, but she's scared as heck of some animals. lol. When we first met she was pretty shy at first. Took some time to pull a few sentences to of her, but was worth it. She's super sweet and was always there for me when I needed her the most. We can spend hours on the phone together, and when we go hang out, we either really just go window shopping or eat sandwiches in the park and get all in touch with nature and just chill. It was tradition for us. :) Never really were much of party people. Everyone thought we were sisters even though we don't look anything alike. Our habits just rubbed off on eachother... alot. Hah. We were both pretty much considered "weird".

The only time I remember ever being in conflict with her was when we were walking home from school back in the day, and she was walking really fast ahead of me. Now that upset me since it made me feel neglected? I suppose? I knew there was something wrong, but she just wouldn't tell me her problem. Later I found out it was because she thought I was the one ignoring her. Goodness. :rolleyes2:

[/end of long post]

maerzhase

Could it be that we are dating the same guy? We have met in early January as well. I don't really have much to add. Sounds like a pretty accurate description of his character. When we both figured out that he is likely to be an isfp, I got a bit nervous. My own sister is of that type. I always felt that I was the strong one in this and that I had to protect her all the time. To be honest I disliked her dependency on me. That’s why I was slightly cautious at the start. Then again I was the older one and she is 5 years younger. May be this added to her dependency.

I'm currently seeing a guy who's an ISFP. He's so warm and affectionate and makes me melt into a puddle...:wubbie:

The only thing that differed between us was the fact that he was a more hands on person and liked to be up n about doing things... and multitask like crazy. I, on the otherhand, would rather be a lazyass. :cheese:
Although he's pretty lazy himself. lol. We both have the tendency to drift off into daydreams and sleep in alot. Another difference is that I love reading books... and he doesn't. He thinks they're boring and would ratherwatch a movie instead. :rolli:
[/end of long post]

Yes, he is very handy. My flat is having a remake since we met. The daydreaming bit goes for us as well.
He has a lot of books on good literature. In fact more than I have. But he seems to read for different reasons. I am more into trying to understand myself and everything that I am interested in. Sometimes I post him links to help him with technical or legal problems he is having. But he is very hesitant to use that information. It almost looks like overload to him.

From what I have observed that day, he's a really sweet and popular person. He knew so many people! :shock: Made me feel weird, since I'm only close to a select few since I don't go out alot. He's very skilled at playing guitar and plays in a punk/ska band. He's also pretty... uhm... feminine? Haha. Not only in looks, but also in behavior. Haha. I still luff him though. He's also very good with kids and animals. He taught his 3 year old nephew to do the caramel danse.
[/end of long post]

Yes he is also very social and concerned about his friends. And funny enough he used to play the guitar in a punk band as well. Recently he asked me whether I think he is feminine. I said he should not worry for my interest he is masculine enough. He just has more traits associated with females in our culture. I thinks that makes him incredible attractive to me.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
^Haha! Waow, that's so weird! lol. If your guy's asian with pink and blonde hair, it could possibly be true that we may be dating the same guy... scandalous! Haha!

My ISFP doesn't really like reading unless it has do with his interests like yours. He likes reading know-how-to books.

And I totally agree with the feminine part. I just thinks it's really cute how motherly and polite he is. [:
Although he seems pretty outgoing, he needs alot of alone time to himself... usually he falls really quiet when he's upset. No biggy though. He's an introvert. I'm an introvert. It's all understandable. :'D
(plus since I just discovered that I'm not really INFP)

Just to show how easy it is to spot an ISFP, eh? Haha! : P

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
One of my closest friends is an ISFP. He's much more down-to-earth than I am, and his Se is very clearly visible :newwink:, but in general we are on amazingly similar wavelengths. We practically never misinterpret each other and can talk and just be very freely with each other.

He's a very soft and caring man (vegetarian for ethical reasons, likes animals and children very much, is considerate etc) and doesn't seem to have the compulsive need to be traditionally masculine - I appreciate this a lot.

He just doesn't seem to have a developed enough Te and is a lot more random and procrastinating than I am, and hey, I'm INFP. He isn't very able to defend himself and has complained about being taken advantage of. :( In certain situations I've forced him to say no. He has been thankful for it.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dear younger brother is an ISFP. He is an extremely calm, patient kind of guy and we get along very well. Possibly because we were close as kids, he has a well developed imagination and I can do the attention to detail thing (for short periods, at least), which we may have learned from each other.

However, he does like to talk in massive detail about his main hobby (collecting fine Arts and Crafts furniture - a very ISFP-like pursuit!) at which point my brain goes into sleep mode.