User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: NFs and ethics

Default NFs and ethics

While each NF is interested in ethics, which type do you believe is the most interested in learning about ethics?

MBTI
    fool

INFP? ENFJ? INFJ? :o I don't know if it's a type thing, or more of an individual thing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Learning about ethics? No clue. Most interested in adhering to ethics? I would say INFJ.

Btw, I think ethical and logical as used in socionics are better names for the 'feeling' and 'thinking' dichotomy used in MBTI.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Learning about ethics. Not me, really. I create my own system (obviously it's partly a byproduct of my education).

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    INFP? ENFJ? INFJ? :o I don't know if it's a type thing, or more of an individual thing.
    You three learn them, we're born with them? .

But yeh, I'd go with INFJ from people I know. Like Sytpg, my drive toward studying ethics or learning them from courses or books is pretty low. They just develop and refine as part of real world experience or as I get new insights on activities and their consequences. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in social philosophy and business philosophy though. I found studying business models and ethics quite interesting (though I guess that isn't the ethics we were discussing).
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

i had an ethics class last year, and i really liked it! learning about all the different systems helped me to better understand how others look at the world, and helped me catagorize how I look at the world, myself
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Seeing as how ethicists are concerned not with behaving ethically, but rather with what amount to intellectual problems, I find it hard to think that an NF would be any more concerned with this endeavor than other types.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP

I think in terms of saying who would be most interested among NFs in studying Ethics in Philosophy at school, it would be INFP? I was gonna, but it didn't fit into my sched.

MBTI
    INTJ

NF's focused on Ethics? I think they are, but it's a different kind of ethic than NT's have. NF ethics are based on feelings, so it's ok to break a rule here and there if that makes the other(s) feel better.

To NT's that's the most unethical thing to do. Ethics and Logic go hand in hand I think. But with NT's the level of ethics is mostly based on how important fairness is I guess, but it's always logically supported.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Learning about ethics. Not me, really. I create my own system
    Haha, ain't that the truth!

(says he, bitterly, who has recently been ripped off again by the same ENFP )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen