User Tag List

View Poll Results: is money (& money-success) often a secondary thing for you NFs?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

39 62.90%
  • well, not really..i do still think a lot about money.

21 33.87%
  • heck no! money (& money-success) is most primary thing for me!

2 3.23%
First 3456 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Money is quite important when you have no guarantee of having enough for food. More often than not that has been the case in my life from childhood through adulthood. I don't care at all about social status related to money, but it is an important tool that allows one to achieve whatever ends are important to them.

I want to have enough money to not feel powerless to obtain temporal needs for myself, have the capacity to help out my family, and move forward professionally.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The way the poll was worded -- is money (& money-success) often a secondary thing for you NFs? -- I think most people, even non-NF's, will consider it secondary, as for most people, family, relationships, personal happiness, free time and hobbies, etc, are more important. But yes, there are those who think money and tangibles alone will provide for happiness on all levels, and there are some whose personal happiness is tied to their job and responsibility/prestige/control/power.

I am careful with money, I monitor and am aware of what I have. I've always budgeted, and see money as a definite tool/need for holding the lifestyle I want to live, and doing the things I want to do. In theory money isn't 'necessary' and I could become a hermit, live off the land (literally), or dumpster dive, but I have no desire to do any of that, and I have doubts I'd even survive doing that for an extended period. So yes, money is definitely important given today's realities and what I do want out of my life, and it's one of many things I factor in. It's inaccurate to say though that it's my primary objective.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ This is my rationing entirely.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    See, this is why the more experienced have a place and a role in society.

+1
    Kitty-cat, are you rubbing up against my leg?

*Pets the forum cat.*

I dunno. I think it's like parenting. The "experienced" have the obligation to make themselves unneccessary.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Kitty-cat, are you rubbing up against my leg?

*Pets the forum cat.*
    *purrs* Nope, but I'll take pets =^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    The way the poll was worded -- is money (& money-success) often a secondary thing for you NFs? -- I think most people, even non-NF's, will consider it secondary, as for most people, family, relationships, personal happiness, free time and hobbies, etc, are more important. But yes, there are those who think money and tangibles alone will provide for happiness on all levels, and there are some whose personal happiness is tied to their job and responsibility/prestige/control/power.

I am careful with money, I monitor and am aware of what I have. I've always budgeted, and see money as a definite tool/need for holding the lifestyle I want to live, and doing the things I want to do. In theory money isn't 'necessary' and I could become a hermit, live off the land (literally), or dumpster dive, but I have no desire to do any of that, and I have doubts I'd even survive doing that for an extended period. So yes, money is definitely important given today's realities and what I do want out of my life, and it's one of many things I factor in. It's inaccurate to say though that it's my primary objective.

I am so jealous that you are able to budget successfully. I just cannot keep an eye on the details of what I buy enough. I usually just have a general sense of how much I have and how much I owe.

I am the absolute worst at managing money!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    I am so jealous that you are able to budget successfully. I just cannot keep an eye on the details of what I buy enough. I usually just have a general sense of how much I have and how much I owe.

I am the absolute worst at managing money!
    I think it was being raised and 'trained' by an IxTJ father, who drilled all of my money habits into my head. Now all of it makes total sense and I don't think I'd do it any other way. Also one of my first jobs was very low paying, and it was critical that I kept track of everything I spent (well, because I was also taught to never go into debt and spend more than I earned, and I take that seriously too) -- and I guess the habits have stuck. I'm actually grateful that my father trained me in this way, even though I would get annoyed at times when younger when he kept reiterating various things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It really depends on my mood.

If I'm feeling stable and like myself, I usually don't care much about money as long as I'm comfortable and going in the direction I want to go.

Although... if I get stressed or start to feel trapped, I've been known to do some pretty tacky things in the name of money. Especially regarding my father. My dad has always tried to show love for me by giving me things and money... and I accepted them, and began to think I loved him back. But over time, I began to realize I had only ever loved his money, and that that was the only thing that ever motivated me to put up with him when I chose to, even though I didn't want to admit it to myself earlier in life.

When I was younger, and felt trapped at his house... it even got to the point that I would stash my lunch money (lie saying I had spent it to get more) and do without lunch in an attempt to find some way to get out. The pattern is, pretty much, that when I feel stressed and scared, I begin to think that hoarding money and things will save me somehow (by giving me more options), so I begin collecting them and neglecting everything else in my life for some period of time, only to regret it later.

Sometimes I would even stand near vending machines, and wait for people to drop coins (and checked the coin return on the vending machines), then snatch them up quickly when they turned away.

In the end, though... I don't like money, I'm just scared of not having enough to get where I need to be.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

When I have 1000e on my account, I don't think about money at all (the poverty line here is somewhere close to 1000 anyways, so, I don't think I am greedy with this). If I have less than 100e then it is usually my primary concern (or if I don't know where or when will I get more) but other times it really is secondary.

Or, if I think about dream jobs and such, money is never the thing, since I have seen that I can manage with really little. But, then again, the jobs I think about are the ones that would make a decent amount of money anyways...

MBTI
    ExFx

1st on my list is being happy and healthy. what do you have if you don't have those? With the economy right now though money is definitely on my mind more often...but it's not something that i HAVE to have. If needed, like right now, i am able to budget myself and cut out things like going to the movies or out to dinner.
    It's not a small world, people just don't talk enough.