User Tag List

View Poll Results: is money (& money-success) often a secondary thing for you NFs?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

39 62.90%
  • well, not really..i do still think a lot about money.

21 33.87%
  • heck no! money (& money-success) is most primary thing for me!

2 3.23%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Money is very much secondary to me. I don't even care to use it. I try to barter with people as much as possible and have designed my life as best I can to not to have to deal with money.

That may be because I have had to worry very little about my material needs. Not sure. There have been times when we've been scraping by and I can't remember focussing on the small amount of money we had.

It's a necessary nuisance to me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    yeah, i do agree with what most of you said, that money should only be used as a 'tool'/means, not an end/goal.
    but alas! have you guys ever seen or observed the irony: most money-making jobs are usually:
    1. very 'corporate' & 'constrained' culture/atmosphere
    2. require damn long hours , even work overtime & sleepless nights (!)

I don't know,..but seriously, can you guys honestly stand it, if you were put in high money-making jobs with those two characteristics above?... or rather live 'enough' or even on the edge of poverty, just to avoid those two factors?
    It's about moderation and balance. Sometimes you have to sacrifice one or the other, but often you find a happy medium. It's also important to set your own boundaries and not get too caught up in other people's expectations. Just because you work a corporate job doesn't necessarily mean 80 hour weeks every week. Learn to tell people "no" on occassion and you'll find life opens up all sorts of possibilities. Maybe you'll never make it to the top with that attitude, but you'll be happier in the long run.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Absolutely. Money is secondary. I wish my life could be planned around such an "easy" goal. If being rich really meant something, life would be so much easier.

I'd kill myself before chaining myself to a job that made me feel miserable even if it awarded my a lot of 0s, for example.

Notice how I'm not even tapping into matters of love and social realization.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm fine with my 8 hours every 5 days as long as I get my days off and my other 16 on the weekdays to myself. Play the machine, don't let it play you!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to end up living and barely making ends meet, but money isn't really on my mind when I am thinking about what career I want to pursue. Money is a hindrance to me, I wish I could live without it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd love to live away from society and it's abstractions. Other animals don't have to worry about things like money; they're happy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

money can't make you happy
    but having money while you're happy sure does increase the happiness.

if i didn't think about money or have it as a primary concern, i wouldn't be spending it to go to college. i'm not just taking classes for my own personal gratitude and benefit, this is done with a purpose, so if you were wondering who is the one person who voted Yes, now you know.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    Infx

Very secondary to happiness.

Though, sadly, happiness currently means making the family happy, which includes getting a well paid professional job.

I get through reminding myself that it's just a stepping stone to counseling, and that once I'm done with school (or at least moved out) I can do what really means something to me outside of work. :3
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

heart on fire

I like to eat and I like to buy books so I can't say money means nothing to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    i want to conduct a survey here.
    and it's not only money, but also talking in terms of the money-success (ie: rich), which seems to be the 'mainstream'-type of success that is encouraged by our large society forever.

is money (& money-success) a secondary thing to you?

if yes, then what would be the primary thing for you?
    as for me, i would say: happiness in life.
    but that's exactly why i'm conducting a survey here, to see if there's any NFs who'd prefer money (being primary) over happiness (secondary), or similarly, money over everything else, or not?
    Yes.

Primary is self-fulfillment. While money is part of that (as it provides the means to discover new things that provide self-fulfillment), it is not the source of such fulfillment. It is still very important, and I do feel...uncomfortable, when I don't have a cushion to support me in case something goes wrong, but my goal is not to get rich. Just get enough to live satisfactorily.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost