User Tag List

View Poll Results: is money (& money-success) often a secondary thing for you NFs?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

39 62.90%
  • well, not really..i do still think a lot about money.

21 33.87%
  • heck no! money (& money-success) is most primary thing for me!

2 3.23%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

It is actually something that I am always thinking about, it drives me crazy. The thing is, the way I see it, in order to do a lot of the things you want to do, for example: travel, learn, do fun stuff like scuba dive etc. you need money. So money is important to me in order to get the things I want.
    I guess I just want a lot of stuff

But if I had money, and it wasn't an issue, i.e I could pay my bills and have time to do meaningful stuff, I would definately not kill myself to just gain more money etc.

I wish I didn't care about money at all, so that I could just be free, and do what I feel is right, but I think the "j" in me makes me be too damned responsible for any of that...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    It is actually something that I am always thinking about, it drives me crazy. The thing is, the way I see it, in order to do a lot of the things you want to do, for example: travel, learn, do fun stuff like scuba dive etc. you need money. So money is important to me in order to get the things I want.
    I guess I just want a lot of stuff

But if I had money, and it wasn't an issue, i.e I could pay my bills and have time to do meaningful stuff, I would definately not kill myself to just gain more money etc.

I wish I didn't care about money at all, so that I could just be free, and do what I feel is right, but I think the "j" in me makes me be too damned responsible for any of that...

Total word! Money is useful only for its usefulness. Having it allows me to experience some things that I otherwise wouldn't be able to, and I value that aspect of it. Also, when I don't have money I worry about it constantly.

Honestly, my preferred state is to not have to think about it. I work so that I can do other things. I have no idea where most of my money goes most of the time (soooo typically INFJ in that I am terrible at managing my money) so that means that I have to earn enough to make sure it's there.

Also, money allows me to be generous - it's not the be all and end all and of course there are plenty of ways to show friends and family how much I love them, but it's also satisfying to be able to surprise a stressed out friend with a nice meal or a manicure or something completely frivolous.

MBTI
    INxJ

beyond necessity, I don't obsess over it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think about "it" much at all...but it's nice to have a lil to do stuff with. i like to do stuff and i don't like to worry...but i don't care about having more then i need....and if i have extra i'll give it to someone who needs it more...i don't care...it comes and goes...life is about experiences not how much you can accumulate, you know?

----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
    via FoxyTunes
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't think about "it" much at all...but it's nice to have a lil to do stuff with. i like to do stuff and i don't like to worry...but i don't care about having more then i need....and if i have extra i'll give it to someone who needs it more...i don't care...it comes and goes...life is about experiences not how much you can accumulate, you know?

----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
    via FoxyTunes
    That's not what you said last time you stole my wallet
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I think it depends on your age. In my 20s, No. In my 40s, hell Yes.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    Total word! Money is useful only for its usefulness.

Also, money allows me to be generous...
    Yup, this is my line of thinking. I don't think any principles are compromised, as long as you keep things in perspective.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Money is a means to and end. That said, survival in modern society requires it so it is still high on my list for that reason. Put me in a situation where I don't need it for food, shelter, heat, clothing, and taxes it will quickly lose it's importance.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

yeah, i do agree with what most of you said, that money should only be used as a 'tool'/means, not an end/goal.
    but alas! have you guys ever seen or observed the irony: most money-making jobs are usually:
    1. very 'corporate' & 'constrained' culture/atmosphere
    2. require damn long hours , even work overtime & sleepless nights (!)

i guess luckily, there're some great books that show the 'alternative' , ie: you can still make lots of money, but work less, and enjoy more life.
    for example, have any of you guys read "4 Hours Work Week" by Tim Ferris ?
    it teaches about being an Enterpreneur, but the 'modern' kind of enterpreneur, where Life-enjoyment is the number one priority, over big & large corporations & money & title.
    I think it's quite a good (& cool) book, and i can relate with a lot of the author's philosophy about work & life.

I don't know,..but seriously, can you guys honestly stand it, if you were put in high money-making jobs with those two characteristics above?... or rather live 'enough' or even on the edge of poverty, just to avoid those two factors?