User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: NF Pragmatists?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default NF Pragmatists?

I guess I just realized that I have a tendency to be more Pragmatic in thinking, than Idealistic..when you set aside deep human intimicy, etc. I kind of look at the world as semi-decent, where bad things will, and always will happen, no matter what. I feel that without everything bad in this world, there would be no good, so I seldom look at Global Warming, Human Hunger, and War as something to fight against..I personally think that it's necessary, to keep the human population in check. I guess one of my few philosophies is the concept of the Yin and the Yang: Bad and Good, coexisting in harmony..take away one, and the other cancels out. Know what I'm saying?

Now NTs, I'd love it if you posted as well, because I want both sides to this. I'm not saying that Idealism resides in me, but when it comes to this world, I have painted my face black, as the Natives American have done, and am welcoming the end, acceptently.

Does this contradict my NF? Do other NFs feel this way? What do you think.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I tend to be the same way. I'm big on the whole balance thing. Just as it's healthy to show darker emotions as much as it is to show lighter ones, I feel the world works much the same way. We wouldn't survive without the good in the world, and no one would be motivated to even move, moreless help others, if there was no reason to (as in the bad of the world didn't exist.)

I'm not sure my thoughts of war yet... not entirely. Nor am I sure of starvation, world hunger, and such..

Even my daily life things lean more toward efficiency, not what's more theoretical and idealistic.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

I think this is certanly NF-views. Although I think INFP's and ENFP's problably view themselves as more important then other people and don't want, in any case, become a victim. While ENFJ's and INFJ's will "accept" their "role" in a situation where they become victims.

NFP's want to live forever and NFJ's want to be remembered forever.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    I think this is certanly NF-views. Although I think INFP's and ENFP's problably view themselves as more important then other people and don't want, in any case, become a victim. While ENFJ's and INFJ's will "accept" their "role" in a situation where they become victims.

no and...no.

As for the OP, as much as the dark can be a drag, balance is idd important. One example is that I've learned to appreciate not only the feeling 'love' but also the feeling 'jealousy', no matter how annoying it can be. I admit though that in some other areas I find it harder to achieve this balance, though I do strive for this.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post

I don't know if I'd agree with this. I know I would never, ever, want to live forever..or even past like 80. All the sufferin..I'd just want to die.

I think P's in general are more likely to accept things, whereas Js might need or want to manipulate there environment.

I guess we don't see eye to eye on this matter.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I tend to be the same way. I'm big on the whole balance thing. Just as it's healthy to show darker emotions as much as it is to show lighter ones, I feel the world works much the same way. We wouldn't survive without the good in the world, and no one would be motivated to even move, moreless help others, if there was no reason to (as in the bad of the world didn't exist.)

I'm not sure my thoughts of war yet... not entirely. Nor am I sure of starvation, world hunger, and such..

Even my daily life things lean more toward efficiency, not what's more theoretical and idealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    no and...no.

As for the OP, as much as the dark can be a drag, balance is idd important. One example is that I've learned to appreciate not only the feeling 'love' but also the feeling 'jealousy', no matter how annoying it can be. I admit though that in some other areas I find it harder to achieve this balance, though I do strive for this.
    Would it be common for another NF to disagree with me?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't know if I'd agree with this. I know I would never, ever, want to live forever..or even past like 80. All the sufferin..I'd just want to die.

I think P's in general are more likely to accept things, whereas Js might need or want to manipulate there environment.

I guess we don't see eye to eye on this matter.
    Might be that s/he was referring to the tendency of P's to live in a 'fantasy world', rather than being willing to deal with reality, whereas J's tend to try and navigate the real world more readily, I guess. Depends highly on the individual as well though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP

haha I kind of don't get the concept of "accepting their role" as the victim. I think that's kind of... missing the point? It sounds as if seeing yourself as a victim is a good thing... and I don't think that makes sense to me.

But to the OP, yea, I do get what you're saying, and I do tend to follow this pragmatism, and sometimes it turns into practicality which gets me looking like an SJ at times, if that's right.

edit: Er, also I don't know about there being a balance of good and evil. It's like comparing cold and hot. Without heat, it's cold. Without good, it's bad. Something like that. Actually I don't feel like I'm making much sense right now, my brain is somewhere else haha

MBTI
    INFJ

I guess I could try to explain it. Being just a human on this planet among 6 million of other people, you eventually do have to get your hands dirty and will eventually have to suffer to do some sort of greater good. Being realistic, as in having experienced hunger, wartime, being prisoner, would eventually profit in the greater cause or good intuitive ideal. Make you grow as a person with alot more knowledge and empathy. I, personally, haven't suffered at all in my wealthy home here in Sweden and therefor have never tasted any bitterness in suffering. I'm just sitting on my rich as dreaming

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    haha I kind of don't get the concept of "accepting their role" as the victim. I think that's kind of... missing the point? It sounds as if seeing yourself as a victim is a good thing... and I don't think that makes sense to me.

But to the OP, yea, I do get what you're saying, and I do tend to follow this pragmatism, and sometimes it turns into practicality which gets me looking like an SJ at times, if that's right.

edit: Er, also I don't know about there being a balance of good and evil. It's like comparing cold and hot. Without heat, it's cold. Without good, it's bad. Something like that. Actually I don't feel like I'm making much sense right now, my brain is somewhere else haha

Yeah, I thought about the SJ and pessemism, but I guess SJs are more prone to judge society as being cold, and hostile..whereas I am looking deeply into it, and coinsidering all aspects. I think I worded that right..if not, sorry for being judgemental.