User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NF Pragmatists?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Awh, well thank you for sharing that. I would rather save a single life, than save the entire world, no matter the person.
    Edit: (Although that sounds completely contradicting, I hope you know what I mean).
    I'll make a deal with you then. You focus on Micro-level of relationships (helping people one-on-one), and I'll do my best to focus on Macro-level relationships. What d'ya say? Partners? haha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleToes View Post
    I'll make a deal with you then. You focus on Micro-level of relationships (helping people one-on-one), and I'll do my best to focus on Macro-level relationships. What d'ya say? Partners? haha
    That's a great thing for NFP's to do! Partners we are, and a deal it shall be!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Neat conversation, Guys!

I was a lousy Idealist. Totally falling on the Jay side and pretty obnoxious as a teen/twenty me.

Had a lot of stumbles along the way and decided Pragmatism was right for me. I also see it as a whole: birth, growth, decay, death, rebirth. It all belongs.

I can't fight a cycle like that. I tend to think of holding my own ground and picking up the pieces as best I can as my spot in it all. Healer? Is that what that stance is?

Edit: Was that a slur against Jays? Didn't mean it to sound like that? I just meant that I was very judgemental about how things should be.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Neat conversation, Guys!

I was a lousy Idealist. Totally falling on the Jay side and pretty obnoxious as a teen/twenty me.

Had a lot of stumbles along the way and decided Pragmatism was right for me. I also see it as a whole: birth, growth, decay, death, rebirth. It all belongs.

I can't fight a cycle like that. I tend to think of holding my own ground and picking up the pieces as best I can as my spot in it all. Healer? Is that what that stance is?

Edit: Was that a slur against Jays? Didn't mean it to sound like that? I just meant that I was very judgemental about how things should be.
    I think I'm on the same path..I can [at times] be somewhat obnoxious, but it comes and goes with age, I'm pleased to say. I already know I have a rough road awaiting me, maybe that's why we think this way?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I wouldn't want to help toothless opportunists who think the vast majority of people are dumb/worthless. I understand though.. They self-project.

When it comes to people- I care. When it comes to materialistic stuff- I really care less.. not unless if it's quality things I need (stable car/house/computer). I think, "What if that person could be my mom, a loved one?" It's rational when we personalize others. It's irrational when we depersonalize humans.

If it wasn't for love, we wouldn't have evolved as far as we have. Greed, hate, short-sightedness, ignorance, contempt, cause people to regress. It's a recipe for disaster, just like what happened in Nazi Germany and is still happening in Myanmar. I do what's best with what I got. I don't expect others to be Mother Teresa, but I certainly *do* care.. If I move to trillionare status (j/k), if I was rich, I would definitely help out those who truly face financial oppression.

MBTI
    INFP

It took me a while, Viv, to realize, as you, that "help" isn't the best thing to give to some people! Some people need just enough of a mess in their lives to be motivated to make changes.

It's hard to watch, though.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I wouldn't want to help toothless opportunists who think the vast majority of people are dumb/worthless. I understand though.. They self-project.

When it comes to people- I care. When it comes to materialistic stuff- I really care less.. not unless if it's quality things I need (stable car/house/computer). I think, "What if that person could be my mom, a loved one?" It's rational when we personalize others. It's irrational when we depersonalize humans.

If it wasn't for love, we wouldn't have evolved as far as we have. Greed, hate, short-sightedness, ignorance, contempt, cause people to regress. It's a recipe for disaster, just like what happened in Nazi Germany and is still happening in Myanmar. I do what's best with what I got. I don't expect others to be Mother Teresa, but I certainly *do* care.. If I move to trillionare status (j/k), if I was rich, I would definitely help out those who truly face financial oppression.

I also think that greed, selfishness, and anger help us to learn, and to actually progress in the grand scheme of things. Nazi Germany was one particular event, but look how it's benefited? Any as radical as that, today, wouldn't and couldn't possibly exist, even though some of it is happening. I'm also not saying that I don't care about people, but all I'm saying is that, a few black strokes here and there contribute to the whole painting. When it comes to other individuals, ones you love, It does matter..but when you set that aside, look at the entire world, and look at broad things that are occuring, and not specific things, that they are not necessarily as bad as we think.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm a dreamer when it comes to self-realization but not so much when it comes to changing the world. I'm not going to waste my life promoting "Utopia", but I will spend my life trying to be happy (fulfilling my, somewhat wild, dreams).

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm a dreamer when it comes to self-realization but not so much when it comes to changing the world. I'm not going to waste my life promoting "Utopia", but I will spend my life trying to be happy (fulfilling my, somewhat wild, dreams).
    Hellz yeah, tell 'em!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hellz yeah, tell 'em!!!!!

In a sense, that's exactly what I'm saying! Nice to see it put into better context!