• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NXs -What are they like ?

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I suppose there is such a thing as half-rational, half-soulful human beings. I have an impression C. S. Lewis was INXJ, even though I've read he was INTJ.

Any NXs out there? How do you see the world? How did you get there? Have you been through several phases?

NX sounds like amazing mental balance to me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Can you really believe in such things ? Seen from a rational aswell as an emotional standpoint ? Mental Balance ?

Wouldnt that mean that there is a sort of measurement to it, to the logical and emotional world, that would be comprehensively applicable ?

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
Though I consistently test as a thinker, I frequently consider the possibility that I subconsciously suppress my feeling side. While I feel uncomfortable about freely expressing my emotions, I have found that I am very capable of tapping into them via music, or other art forms. Furthermore, while I generally prefer to think in an objective fashion, I also find it easy to think subjectively. And finally, I am not bothered by individuals seeking comfort. Though the way I comfort them is, for the most part, based on logic, the very fact that I almost seem to enjoy assisting others in solving their personal problems leaves me very suspicious of my MBTI type.

My scores generally look like this:

I - 95 - 100%

N - 80 - 100%

T - 70-90%

P - 50 - 80%

In short, I frequently feel as though I am embracing my inner emotions via logic. I am not externally driven to help others, though giving others advice is very enjoyable for me...almost like a sport.

So, Typology Central, you tell me...do I sound like an INxP?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well when things need answers I value logic A LOT.

I think F vs T is a bit of a forced dichotomy like the rest of MBTI. You can make a few points about it if you will yourself to think in terms of a spectrum between two completely arbitrary concepts.

So that being said, it makes sense for balance to be a possibility.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why does T or F make one more rational or soulful?

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Can you really believe in such things ? Seen from a rational aswell as an emotional standpoint ? Mental Balance ?

Wouldnt that mean that there is a sort of measurement to it, to the logical and emotional world, that would be comprehensively applicable ?

I think that someone who is only using his reason is incomplete, and someone who is only feeling things is incomplete as well. But if you are using both your emotions and reason, you see things in a better perspective. Someone who has this balance within himself must be very wise.

A thinking type usually has poor social skills, and a feeling type can often be floaty and disconnected from reality. An NX would show skillful interaction with society, but be grounded and realistic about it. His intellectual work could really profit society in general because he would know how to share it with others.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Umm. That's only INTxs. Take a look at the ESTxs. No poor social skills there.

Well, my mother is ESTJ and she has a very poor sense of diplomacy, even if she is comfortable speaking to people. SPs are also known to have this problem. But Ts lack diplomacy in particular because they care less about human relationships than getting their point across or getting what they want. Anyway, it is well known and accepted that the feeling types know better about harmonious human relationship and communication than the T types.
We are talking Intuitives here, too.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't necissarily think that an X in a type represents balance, more of lack of self knowlege.

Things like T v F are not flat out concrete dichotomies- you have the complexity of the fact that, for instance, an ENTPs functions are Ne Ti Fe Si. A well developed ENTP has developed thier Fe as well as thier Ti. Does this make them less of a Thinker? No, but it makes them a better balanced one.

Ts aren't necissarily socially inept either... I don't consider myself particularly socially inept... I actually have an easier time getting along with people than a lot of the FJs that I know because I care less about things and don't really have as much of an avenging streak as some FJs :rolleyes:

and on another note- should I presume you arrogant there because you've included an X in your type... you know, like saying that you're better balanced than the rest of us? :devil:

Gauche

Umm. That's only INTxs. Take a look at the ESTxs. No poor social skills there.

Oh, c'mon, ESTxs are sociable and everything.. but they don't understand people's feelings very well, and they can hurt and don't know about it. Sometimes they treat you just like a sack of potatoes.

But to the OP:
I'm ENFP, but very often I act like really strong T though. It could vary from hour to hour. Literaly. Sometimes I am totally cold-blooded and choose strictly rationally right choices, and sometimes I'm compassionate and protective empathist. Not to say I lost my empathy when in T side, but I'm just more cold. Maybe it is a matter of good/bad mood, depression, frustration, e.g. But after all my "basic mode" is still in F.

Also, I'm really interested in various theoretical matters, not only in psychological and that crap, but also scientific things. And if something interest me, I go into depth, which resembles more T than F though. On the other hand, I am absolutely not like NT concerning logic. I don't like these "logic freaks" who must see logic in everything, and if something is illogical they get puzzled. Not like me that.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
and on another note- should I presume you arrogant there because you've included an X in your type... you know, like saying that you're better balanced than the rest of us? :devil:

No, you are right, I suppose X doesn't necessarily mean balance. In my case, I suppose I pass from J to P depending on the circumstances, and I suppose it is often the same with other Xs.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
NXs...Hmm...What would they be like if they existed, I wonder...

Usually it's an INFP who thinks that because they have the capability to reason, they can't be F, or an ENTP who thinks that because they care about things, they can't be T.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
NXs...Hmm...What would they be like if they existed, I wonder...

Do they exist, really ?
I recently made friends with this XNFP who has an ENTJ brother. She understands NTs perfectly well and often reasons like an NT, but she just disagrees with their frequent intellectual arrogance and values harmony. But she debates her point a lot. In a respectful way. I used to think she was a NX case.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do they exist, really ?
I recently made friends with this XNFP who has an ENTJ brother. She understands NTs perfectly well and often reasons like an NT, but she just disagrees with their frequent intellectual arrogance and values harmony. But she debates her point a lot. In a respectful way. I used to think she was a NX case.
She's not even XNFP, try ENFP.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
She's not even XNFP, try ENFP.

Well, she passed the MBTI test when she was fifteen (that's more than 5 years ago) and came to the INFP result. She was very close to the 50/50 I/E though, and we all find her quite extraverted. She admits she's opened up and became more extraverted with time, which is quite possible.

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
I suppose I pass from J to P depending on the circumstances, and I suppose it is often the same with other Xs.

I was having odd J feelings being around my ENFP girlfriend, who makes me feel like a decisive dictator. But then I read here or somewhere else that in a relationship with two strong Ps, one will take on the role of a J, and in one with two strong Js, one will take on the P role.

Sometimes the X can therefore be a result of circumstance or specific relationships than true underlying preferences.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I'll tell you what they're like: indecisive and/or greedy.
You're welcome.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ You forgot immature and/or broked. ;)

INA

now! in shell form