User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    fool

Default Opposites attract?

I've been thinking about introversion and extraversion, and the interaction between people who are I's and E's. I'm sorry if there's already a thread that deals with this subject, I tried to go back but none caught my eye

I know introverts may well enjoy the company of extraverts, (although worthy of an acknowledgement that in large doses it may be draining), but do extraverts enjoy introverts company? As in, would an extravert seek out the company of an introvert to another extravert? To stereotype even more, if introverts are seen as "shy" in group situations and extraverts as "outgoing". What in introverts might interest extraverts?

In general, do you tend to get intrigued (regardless of you introversion or extraversion) in outgoing people rather than less outgoing individuals? What are the best aspects an extravert and an introvert can offer you?

I know I put this in an extremely simple form, and of course I don't expect it to be that way in reality, but it's just one of the things I've been thinking. I'm really interested in what you guys think about this, so your thoughts on the subject are very welcomed (:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I appreciate EP types a lot. They provide a skill that I just don't have, and social situations are all about a bunch of specialized roles. That said, I probably prefer the company of ENTPs to ESTPs, but then again, we haven't really defined 'opposite'.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm new to looking at people in these terms so i never really thought about it before. i don't think i have a preference one way or another.

sorry...that was helpful...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I see the most common dynamics to be like this, put abstractly. This doesn't take other type characteristics into account which are, IMO, just as important.

Introverts' psyches are are O shaped, and extroverts' are C shaped.

OO results in, as you can see, two separate units which may exist comfortably together, but do not fully engage.

CC (flip the second C around) results in each unit attempting to engage the other simultaneously, resulting in interference.

CO results in a solid fit, with O being peacefully engaged by C.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I am usually intrigued by introverts. It's like... a diamond in the rough... like they're asking to be uncovered/discovered. They offer something... indescribable.

INFPs, ISFPs, and INTJs for the win. INTPs are cool too.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

As long as Introverts don't make me feel guilty about talking and my other socializing practices I do enjoy their company.

And by making me feel guilty I mean those Is that are so uptight and closed-off they won't have the guts to smack you in the head (figuratively speaking) if you've done or said something reprovable.

Come to think about it I don't even know whether I prefer I or E to socialize with. Never thought about it myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I see the most common dynamics to be like this, put abstractly. This doesn't take other type characteristics into account which are, IMO, just as important.

OO results in, as you can see, two separate units which may exist comfortably together, but do not fully engage.

CC (flip the second C around) results in each unit attempting to engage the other simultaneously, resulting in interference.

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Many extraverts seem to like having an introvert handy within their social circles.

Usually, it is to be - and mostly felt - listened to more carefully.

A breath of fresh air for them. Receiving a different type of attention in their interactions. It has some appeal.

Something similar to JFlack's CO anchoring (^^^^).

MBTI
    ENFP

Does this question really need to be asked (JOKE!) OF COURSE WE DO!!!! I intraverts!!!!!!!!!!! Let me at em I find them mighty intriguing and mysterious and so they don't give you it all at once on a plate; all the better if you ask me!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

Most excellent analogy!

Although big Cs can engulf little os too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.