User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I think this is pure idealism or love of forms. I don't think that you can reduce intro/extroversion to talkativeness,
    I tried to explain it using an abstract analogy to avoid claims of "Too specific" like yours here, but you didn't understand and/or like it. So, forgive me for trying to be accomodating--It won't happen again.

END.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

That's the last time I try to tell someone their balls are on fire.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm heavily attracted to ESFP's and ENFP's, so for me opposites do attract, although ESFP's are way too different to myself for a relationship to work properly.

And I'm yet to meet an ENFP that I connect to, but I'm sure I'll find one at some stage.
    Hopefully anyway :-)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I think this is pure idealism or love of forms. I don't think that you can reduce intro/extroversion to talkativeness, but rather on source of energy and how one understands world (internal v. external principles).
    The beauty is in its simplicity.
    The openness of C, looking for an anchor, the closed nature of O, looking for a harbour. I love it.

And it does incorporate the idea of energy source/exchange with the allusion to chemistry and ionic bonding - opposites attract.....I'm sorry but it is a brilliant analogy. I only wish I'd thought of it myself.

Who cares if it's true?

I don't think the E/I dynamic affects understanding of the world at all (S/N has the strongest role to play with T/F contributing). It affects experience of the world. Two Is limit the range of experiences /opportunities for growth open to a couple. Similarly two Es.

You will find in I-I relationships, the more Extrovert of the two will take on the E role. Long-term I see this as being a strain / drain for someone who is not naturally inclined that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Goody.. I LOVE these kinds of questions!!

I think, in terms of extroversion/introversion, there is some kind of attraction for me. In fact, all of my good friends are introverts (which leads me to think that I'm introverted, but in reality- i really am not).

I think what attracts me about introverts is that underneath that quiet exterior, there's so much to know about what they have to say.

In fact, of all of my introverted friends, the one's I'm closest to were the ones who first initiated our friendship. They just open up to me quite a bit. My INTP friends tells me it's because I have that something about me that really helps to put her at ease. She literally *spills* her guts to me. I LOVE her for that.

In terms of dating, I tend to not really like introverted guys as much, because they're so hard to talk to, if we're strangers.

Then again, there's this ISTP guy I'm crushing on.. Superfoine.. I LOVE the introverted types who walk like Eeyore. There's something cute about nerdy boys (not the Urkel/Carlton Banks types or the uptight 'accountant' tight-waddies).. the masculine looking ones with glasses. Standing all shy and nerdy like that.. Like Stephen Colbert.. makes me just wanna hit on them.. I just don't have to guts to.

Extraverts are cool.. The ones who are overly hyperly happy.. i mean, bouncing off walls , 24/7 in-your-face types.. wear me out a bit. The ones who are mellow outgoing I tend to get along with. They're outgoing, but not out-of-this world outgoing (if ya know what I'm saaay)..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ haha...that's a pretty funny post there viv!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Introverts are cool because they usually take to the background and provide support while you rally the masses to your command then they feel like they were just a part of something even though you, much like a vampire, sucked all their energy and put it to your uses.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Thanks Avery!!

I do love me some nerdy boyz..

Pocket genie, do wishes come true??!

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't think the E/I dynamic affects understanding of the world at all (S/N has the strongest role to play with T/F contributing). It affects experience of the world. Two Is limit the range of experiences /opportunities for growth open to a couple. Similarly two Es.
    This hasn't been true for me. I've grown a lot through my relationships with fellow Is as have my partners. We've also been all over the place with each other exploring the outside world, definitely not shut away.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You will find in I-I relationships, the more Extrovert of the two will take on the E role...
    This has been true ime, and it's worked well. I have stepped into that role as have my partners intermittently but I've thought of it more along the lines of whose area of strength something falls into rather than an I/E divide. I quite enjoy doing things to keep the relationship on track, I don't find it tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    Introverts are cool because they usually take to the background and provide support while you rally the masses to your command then they feel like they were just a part of something even though you, much like a vampire, sucked all their energy and put it to your uses.
    Er, no. I don't take to the background at all, I just leave, lol. And I never let someone suck my energy.

I guess that's why I usually date other Is... we have similar energies. We come together and it's not draining. I can be around them as much as we both feel like. Not saying some Es can't be like that it's just been more common for me to find that amongst other Is.

The area that I can see I-I having difficulty with is in getting together. It's always interminably drawn out ime, lol. But that has resulted in pretty deep and lasting connections.

There again I am fairly relationship focused and will work on developing relationships. I love an "us against the world" dynamic. I like deep intimacy while not being smothered. So other Is work perfectly for me in that regard. (Of course there is a lot more to it than simply Introversion vs Extroversion.)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    This has been true ime, and it's worked well. I have stepped into that role as have my partners intermittently but I've thought of it more along the lines of whose area of strength something falls into rather than an I/E divide. I quite enjoy doing things to keep the relationship on track, I don't find it tiring.
    I dislike being the E, but that's the way it's turned out in my I-I interludes.

It's always interesting to me how people develop traits their company is lacking. If one person's getting all bent out of shape, the other automatically toughens up, when if the "tough" person were with someone extremely stoic, they'd be the one whining.