User Tag List

First 14222324

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I understand where they are coming from, but they would be wrong in their assumptions
    I can't complain. It takes someone who appreciates everyone to appreciate me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I can't complain. It takes someone who appreciates everyone to appreciate me.
    You're an acquired taste, sweety
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

There's a certain logic to it. People want to be singled out and appreciated, and if they think you're not selective, they value it less.
    Is that your only way to make friends or?

Maybe you should try to rely on your natural charm. Kidding.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    See that's what I cannot figure out with the ENFP friend in my life. I have noticed that ENFPs have many friends and then there are those mass mails being sent to about 30 people at once and the title goes, 'To a special person' and it usually has those corny lines like; hey you, special person, someone who thinks you are special sent this to you, etc and thinks that you are great, etc.

And I am left there thinking, am I supposed to fill my name in the blanks? Or read in my name in this generic 'special friend' mail?

Is that how ENFP's show their affection? By showering the people in their e-mail list with little sweet nothings like these?

Like someone wrote on this forum, if everybody is special, who's special? Is that an E/I misunderstanding?

Yes... please don't hate me!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP

LOL... Ok reading the above... exactly Erina and Amargith have summed up my feelings exactly! Mr. Flak... can't take anything you say seriously with that avatar... so LOVE it though... anyway hope that helps as the gals have already said.. just cos it's everyone doesn't make you a no one... This is kind of the problems I experience with my INFJ friend.. and his need to be one of a few I find a little controlling cos he wants me to make him feel special by changing me into someone else!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5

I've had good, but short experiences with Ex types...I get exhausted. I like to have a few Ex friends however, sometimes I need that, but not in a romantic relationship. I love being with a fellow In. He has a healthy level of Ex and likes to be social sometimes like I do. The best thing is he understands needing time to onesself and so do I. when we spend time with friends, it's quality time you know. We have great conversations. It would be annoying if he were the kind of person that needs to be around a lot of people most of the time. Anyway, my point is, that the whole In. Ex. opposites attract theory never made since for me. It sounds good when I read it but not in real life. I like and need more ex. people in my life, but I do not want to be in a romantic relationship with one!

Everytime when I hear this question I say "About how big time scales we are talking about?"

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Yes... please don't hate me!
    No, Wild Horses I don't hate you...

I am asking these questions here to improve my friendship with my ENFP, and am grateful to get your POV. ENFP friends are great but one, just this one is enough for me IRL. I feel I cannot achieve authenticity by scattering my energy like an extrovert.

Knowing what cannot be changed and accepting it is also part of the growth process.

So then, fair enough. Here's the deal - I put up with the mass mails and this ENFP puts up with my intensity and seriousness.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

I see the most common dynamics to be like this, put abstractly. This doesn't take other type characteristics into account which are, IMO, just as important.

Introverts' psyches are are O shaped, and extroverts' are C shaped.

OO results in, as you can see, two separate units which may exist comfortably together, but do not fully engage.

CC (flip the second C around) results in each unit attempting to engage the other simultaneously, resulting in interference.

CO results in a solid fit, with O being peacefully engaged by C.
    I like this, Jack. Nice imagery. Though it does seem like the extroverts are eating the introverts.

You mean like Pacman? Waca waca waca bitchiz!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.