User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I guess you could say that, but only if you considered verbal abuse flirtatious. You sick fuck.
    Sometimes it is... sometimes it is... you knew that, though...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Shall we slap it out?
    Of course! But first, I wish you to demonstrate upon Jack Flak so that I may assess your skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That's the last time I try to tell someone their balls are on fire.
    There's *always* a time for saying that.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I guess you could say that, but only if you considered verbal abuse flirtatious. You sick fuck.
    Kinda do, yeah

I tend to be attracted to Is if there is a certain aura of depth around them. If I feel I can figure someone out within half an hour of knowing them they bore me already and I don't want to get to know them any closer.

I am also attracted to Es but only as long as I feel they are also interested in me and are not just trying to talk me insane. If there is some depth and good craziness behind the loud exterior I am interested.

I have also been wondering: What does an I get out of a conversation with an E? I like it if I don't have to talk all the time but can ask the questions instead but I feel immensely drained and irritated if the E isn't interested in me and just goes on and on talking.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think people generally look to have their good qualities matched and the qualities in which they are lacking to be balanced, by their partner.

So if someone finds fault with their introversion or extroversion (too shy, can't initiate / can't introspect, annoys people) they might be more likely to be attracted to someone who balances them out. While someone who is comfortable and doesn't find fault with their E/I might have less of a "opposites attract" feeling in this regard.

I find that I'm attracted to introverts most often, and also extroverts who have a strong N.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I have also been wondering: What does an I get out of a conversation with an E? I like it if I don't have to talk all the time but can ask the questions instead but I feel immensely drained and irritated if the E isn't interested in me and just goes on and on talking.
    Yes. Many introverts love when you bring your full attention to bear on them and burn them with your lasers, drying to drill into their gooey, dark interiors. It is like a little game of whack-a-mole. They want to connect, but they want to keep you out of certain rooms and cupboards. Of course, I like just throwing all the doors open and seeing what scatters.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Introverts have mouse poop?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I've found that whilst I'd say I have friends of most types - I primarily surround myself with extroverts.
    I actually think that has less to do with my type though - and more to do with the fact that I'm heavily involved with the musical theatre scene, which tends to attract - you betcha - extroverts.

However, looking back on the kinds of people I've found myself to be attracted to romantically - they're almost all of the introverted persuasion, make of that as you will.

MBTI
    GONE

Thanks for starting this thread, I was about to start one on I vs E as well. I think it has been touched upon in other threads but not sure if it was E vs I specific.

In theory, I like extraverts. I need more extraverts in my life. For whatever reason, most of my social circle from closest friends to acquaintances are introverts! It's maddening!

In reality, the people I befriend tend to be introverts and I like them all. I especally have a lot of INXP friends and tend to date introverts...I'm not really sure why. Availability? Oh wait, for dating the ladies, I like real old-school cool swagger, and that's usually a very calm, self-possessed person (introvert). I definitely bring the opposite quality, an upbeat engaging personality.

I think honestly the introverted friends I have feel more comfortable around me since I seem socially confident and relaxed and genuine. Sometimes introverts seek me out because they think I'm easy to talk to or entertaining and don't annoy them like other extraverts?

When I am drawn to my introverted friends, it's not so much a conscious awareness of their introversion that attracts me. It's that they are kooky or interesting or fun. My introverted friends are mostly very active and even very social and adventurous, so it's not like I'm attracted to more buttoned up or quieter people or home bodies, per sae. I also tend to like artists and they are usually introverted, I'm not kidding.

I honestly don't think I meeta lot of extraverts. I think I'm kinda in this IXXJ and IXXP bubble. Or perhaps the ones I meet are not trying to make friends or social or perhaps they are too serious...I dunno. I'm gonna think about that.

BTW, it's hard to accurately guage E vs I in MBT terms. There are lots of strong MBT introverts that have tons of friends and go out all the time and are very involved in community groups and clubs (probably an IXXJ). And there are extraverts who just aren't really that chatty or even socially engaging. I know a lot of bubbly, active introverts. I know they are introverted because they've taken the cognitive functions and/or MBT tests.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

cze cze...i love reading your posts...because i feel like you're sitting right here talkin to me...i like that....stream of consciousness posts ftw...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison