User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I dislike being the E, but that's the way it's turned out in my I-I interludes.

It's always interesting to me how people develop traits their company is lacking. If one person's getting all bent out of shape, the other automatically toughens up, when if the "tough" person were with someone extremely stoic, they'd be the one whining.
    I think this relates to how I feel I have grown through relationships... I am nearing 'relationship-polymath' by now, lol. I don't want to lose the strengths I've developed either, that's why I don't really want to be too dependent on my partner I guess. I don't care if they're dependent on me though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...that's really interesting. i've noticed that as well. i think it's just important to be with someone that makes you feel like the best version of yourself and that's hard to do if you're forced to behave in a way that doesn't feel natural.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...that's really interesting. i've noticed that as well. i think it's just important to be with someone that makes you feel like the best version of yourself and that's hard to do if you're forced to behave in a way that doesn't feel natural.
    I definitely try to be the best version of myself regardless of my partner, but yes it's nice if they don't take away from that! I really would try not to do something completely unnatural though... I can't really think of a situation where I would feel forced to be unnatural (eeps, I think I would completely rebel). I guess about the only thing I seem to find hard to bridge is a pronounced S/N divide in a relationship. I don't mind trying something out for a while though to see if I can develop a facility for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ oh i wasn't referring to you...it sounds like you do feel natural being a bit more extroverted...i was thinking about how i feel with someone who is a lot more e then i am and i feel like my place is already filled and don't behave like the best version of myself...if that makes sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

One is attracted to the other because he doesn't possess a certain quality (that he'd like to have) the other one possesses-probably this is the philosophy behind that phrase.
    One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at being impossible to misunderstand. - Quintilian

violaine

^^ oh i wasn't referring to you...it sounds like you do feel natural being a bit more extroverted...i was thinking about how i feel with someone who is a lot more e then i am and i feel like my place is already filled and don't behave like the best version of myself...if that makes sense.
    ^Yeah, aww that's what I thought upon reflection, so I edited to include a 'frownie' for you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ oh thanks...it's not a big sad thing though...it rarely happens..i tend to gravitate to people with harmonious energy.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

^^ oh thanks...it's not a big sad thing though...it rarely happens..i tend to gravitate to people with harmonious energy.
    I'm told that I have nice energies.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Don't you worry, i'll bring some radium for the desert.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    intp

Extroverts bore me, generally. Opposites do not attract this introvert.
    In friends it's fine, but for relationships, no.