• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs keep an INFP locked inside?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
by infp locked inside, perhaps you just mean Fi ...
i think i see the difference between them now. i think its easier irl to tell whereas our posts may be very similar.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
INxPs seem to be able to become drained by social settings. I can be drained by them if I find them boring but usually I feed off socializing. Could that be another difference?

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
INxPs seem to be able to become drained by social settings. I can be drained by them if I find them boring but usually I feed off socializing. Could that be another difference?

ENFP Law #58: Do not be negative in my presence.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What does that have to do with what she said? She was just saying how she feels energized by social interaction unlike infps...unless of course the social discourse taking place was not something that interested her...like say politcts if she finds that sort of discussion boring...you know?

That's not saying don't be negative around me.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
No, no, just amusing myself. Slight inside joke really. Whenever I speak too much negative, or explain too much unnecessary b.s. I got a certain someone telling me to shut up, hahaha.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, just amusing myself. Slight inside joke really. Whenever I speak too much negative, or explain too much unnecessary b.s. I got a certain someone telling me to shut up, hahaha.

Oh well I didn't say it wasn't true only that it wasn't what she was saying haha are you dating an enfp angel?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think all INFPs keep an ENFP locked inside.

by infp locked inside, perhaps you just mean Fi ...
i think i see the difference between them now. i think its easier irl to tell whereas our posts may be very similar.

:yes:

of course.

INFP has secondary Ne and they act like ENFP when they let it out to play.
ENFP has secondary Fi and they act like INFP when they defend themselves with it.

incidentally, high-demand social situations can drain me too. too much Fe'ing.

angelmm said:

Second Part of ENFP Law #58: Without letting me help you fix it. If you wanna sulk, you sulk on your own. But I'm always here to help you get back in the game whenever you're ready.

Incidentally, ENFP Law #276.3: These laws have no particular numerical order. :D

KDude

I relate to ENFPs somewhat, but I think I keep something closer to an ENFJ inside. I think it's because F is still my first course of interaction or relating, either way. For example, I remember long ago I had this restaurant/dishwashing job in my teens.. the owner was a taskmaster and a jerk. I instantly resented his attitude, and the fact that he had a nice Porsche :tongue: I lasted at the job for a whopping two hours..but for some reason, that wasn't enough, to just quit for myself. I convinced the entire kitchen to quit with me. Must've influenced 5 or 6 people.. I don't know. I thought we could all do better than that, and I thought the owner should have to feel something more than just the loss of me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I relate to ENFPs somewhat, but I think I keep something closer to an ENFJ inside. I think it's because F is still my first course of interaction or relating, either way. For example, I remember long ago I had this restaurant/dishwashing job in my teens.. the owner was a taskmaster and a jerk. I instantly resented his attitude, and the fact that he had a nice Porsche :tongue: I lasted at the job for a whopping two hours..but for some reason, that wasn't enough, to just quit for myself. I convinced the entire kitchen to quit with me. Must've influenced 5 or 6 people.. I don't know. I thought we could all do better than that.

Interesting. Are you a socionics ethical subtype? I'm wondering because, as an intuitive subtype, I veer much closer to having a bloodthirsty estj inside.

KDude

Yeah, definitely an ethical subtype. I'm not quite sure where I fit in that spectrum though... INFp, INFj, ISFp, or even ISFj. INFp kind of lines up, but I'm confused on the Beta quadra.

KDude

Heh.. well, I've only seen one socionics board (16types) and Betas (if they are even Beta at all.. they could just be trolls trying too hard to be Beta) seem messed up. I don't like all of the rape jokes, gay jokes, and general lack of seriousness (or moral compass, if you will) at that place. As for what I might know as Beta in real life, it's hard to say. I tend to appreciate female duals more than male (if ESTp is, in fact, my dual), I'll say that much. Then again, maybe it's kind of the role of INFp/ENFj to be complete opposites and keep that stuff like the above in check. Some NFs on that board seem to try.

Anyhow...Just an observation. I'm just saying it's hard to stomach that I may be part of the same quadra that makes rape jokes. It's embarassing.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Heh.. well, I've only seen one socionics board (16types) and Betas (if they are even Beta at all.. they could just be trolls trying too hard to be Beta) seem messed up. I don't like all of the rape jokes, gay jokes, and general lack of seriousness (or moral compass, if you will) at that place. As for what I might know as Beta in real life, it's hard to say. I tend to appreciate female duals more than male (if ESTp is, in fact, my dual), I'll say that much. Then again, maybe it's kind of the role of INFp/ENFj to be complete opposites and keep that stuff like the above in check. Some NFs on that board seem to try.

Anyhow...Just an observation. I'm just saying it's hard to stomach that I may be part of the same quadra that makes rape jokes. It's embarassing.

I wouldn't say our quadra lacks a moral compass so much as the users who post on that subforum are mostly a bunch of pricks, AND I'd suggest that nts, though maybe less likely to brag than betas, under the surface they're actually following through on their thoughts, more being directly involved in taboo-breaking, letting another man fuck their wife for the fun of it, etc. Betas are just naturally more dramatic/less action.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
For me, yes, definitely.

I was a really shy ENFP as a child, in fact I might've been an INFP. I did spend a lot of my lunch times alone in my own world. As I became more extroverted I lost a lot of the creativity and childhood wonder I had as an INFP. I really miss a lot of that. If I could, I wish I could keep a lot of that stuff and still be extroverted. I dunno, you would think that's what an ENFP is, but somehow, it's like your fantasy world is stronger when you're an I.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
no, an INFP keeps an INFP locked inside, and an ENFP makes it clear that they are.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, no, I don't.

If they did, I'd get along with ENFPs much better than I do.

But of all the ENFPs I've known, very few have been able to connect with me (most make me feel very isolated socially, instead of making me feel connected with them), and about half of them have even been able to go so far as make me feel that ENFP are INFP without the sensitivity :cry:

I think that there's common ground, definitely.

The difference, though, is that where an INFP is a completely inwards-growing creature, an ENFP grows outward. So the "INFP" that the ENFP have mentioned really is just the xNFP common ground that the two types share.

ENFPs "inside" lack the complexity that an INFP has. ENFP are filled with the gooey xNFP material, but the material is much more dense inside INFP, and at the very center of it is a super-hard core.

It's like gas planets and terrestrial planets.

You guys have the massive personalities that draw people towards you, and it's an enviable trait. I just think it's a bit over-dramatic to say that what's inside of you is the same processes that we terrestrial planets are made of:

Terrestrial Planets:

planets_core.jpg

Gas Planets:

800px-Gas_Giant_Interiors.jpg

At the end of the day, you guys are still 10x our size and can kick our asses. So what's the problem?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
At the end of the day, you guys are still 10x our size and can kick our asses. So what's the problem?

I think function strength is, to a degree, independent of function order really. I've met INFPs and talked with them, and my Fi isn't scared of their Fi. But yeah, in general INFPs will have a more dense inner world I guess.