First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

THANX FOR ADDING!!!! HOW SMOOTH!!!! LOVE IT
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Our strongest introverted function defines the essence of our inner being. Simply because this is the function that is most closely associated with our inner being by property of itself. (The phrase strongest introverted function is close in meaning to the phrase 'most in tune with our innet being).

Hence, Introverted Feeling is the strongest Introverted function for both the INFP and the ENFP, and for this reason an ENFP and an INFP, due to the similarity of their inner lives, may mistakenly believe that they are members of the same type.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    I think there's a definite line between ENFP and INFP and the only reason we may feel as if we have a close relation with the other type inside ourselves would be the NFP correlation and that all of you are just delusional.

Now that I've made that clear, who would like some pie?
    see...this is why i need a lot more enfp friends...you guys just know! of course that's right and of course i want some pie!! no one else would know that...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Our strongest introverted function defines the essence of our inner being. Simply because this is the function that is most closely associated with our inner being by property of itself. (The phrase strongest introverted function is close in meaning to the phrase 'most in tune with our innet being).

Hence, Introverted Feeling is the strongest Introverted function for both the INFP and the ENFP, and for this reason an ENFP and an INFP, due to the similarity of their inner lives, may mistakenly believe that they are members of the same type.
    hey you! that actually makes a lot of sense...thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I was thinking about this yesterday...it's interesting I signed on here and you ask about it. I totally understand what you are saying.

I have tested INFP once like 3 years ago.

But every time I test, I have a relatively low E percentage, IMO. Somewhere about 54-60%, it varies.

I read somewhere that out of all of the E-types ENFP is the most introverted of them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I agree with ea, this does make sense. So maybe I should follow Jacks advice and ask you this:

Could it be that you temporarily make your auxilary function dominant due to circumstances?

What I mean is..when I'm pissed at the world, I'm way more likely to use Fi and judge everything than I am likely to use Ne and seek more input.

I'd appreciate your opinion
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

Again I'm going to reiterate what my ENFP sisters have said and say thanks for posting that Solitary! Makes lots of sense I also found your post on another thread about INTJ/ENFP and INTP/ENFP relations quite illuminating!!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Do we ENFPs actually keep an INFP locked up inside like a caged animal?? Strange question I know but so many ENFPs that I speak to have said that they feel as though they are in fact INFPs or are at least confused by the term extrovert when it is applied to them? They do not think it appropiate somehow.

Also there seems to be a common story emerging amongst the ENFPs that I have had contact with IRL, As very young children they seemed to display definite INFP traits which were either trampled on by parents or schools etc. They then went on to develope a false sense of confidence to make a better fit into the world. Most of the ENFPs mention a particular time in their lives when they chose to be more confident. This process could be simply maturity, something that happens to us all, it could even be an explanation for extraversion in general. Have other Es had a similar experience?

I do know that the difference bewteen ENFP and INFP is not simply a difference in extroversion and introversion but I think that more so than many other types, the lines between ENFPs and INFPs are blurred.

What are your thoughts or experiences?
    OK, here's how it is (imho): No. We don't keep an INFP "locked up." It's simply that, a., we are less social than other extroverts which often gets mistaken for introversion, and b., when deprived of external stimuli (ie, when we're alone), we use more Fi. We in a sense become Fi-dominant while our Ne takes a break.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

thank you. this is a good answer.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i did test infp just a couple months ago or something when i joined this site and it's interesting to think about the reasons...like...that it has something to do with moving 1000 miles away from everyone and not being as social as i normally am just because my friends aren't here...i wonder if that's the case with you guys who tested infp too...was it during a period of isolation...for whatever reason? and...also...i don't think we realize right away that we need people...i've always felt like there were always so many people around that i feel just fine and content by myself...and that's true normally until it goes on too long...and then i realize how much more myself and how much happier i am when i'm with other people...so...there's just a lot of similarities i think...and i think it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the two.
    -Jim Morrison