• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs keep an INFP locked inside?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right...just that when we are alone our focus is on ourselves and when with others it's focused on them.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
No I don't really mean mood changes otherwise I would be every type in a day but what I mean is a process we go through to get to our type... and the more that I think about that the more I realise that it sounds like I'm trying to say that ENFPs are more evolved than INFPs (Nothing could be further from the truth) Take INFPs out the equation because it is a whole other type with intricate cognitive functioning. What I ask is do we go through a process of intraversion before we become extraverted and is that intraversion lying dormant? DO you believe that we are indeed born a certain type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm...i'm sorry...i do think i got what you were really saying awhile back but was exploring those other thoughts at the time...*i* have no freakin clue...none whatsover...i know that when i was a lot younger like elementary age i was shy...but i still directed my energy outward...and have always been expressive and happy and all of these things that i still am...so...no...i don't really think i changed into an extravert but...with age felt more comfortable behaving that way...maybe??

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Man reading this thread makes typology seem even more ludicrous than my subconscious doubt pictures it. This is not aimed at Wild horses' original hypothesis but rather to the amount of conflicting information people seem to have.

My Fi is very strong and I have behaved like an introvert for long periods of time in the past. Don't know what that says about me or my type but there it is.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well thanks for sharing that anyways cos you make me feel less freakish :D

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
You wouldn't be the first person to believe he's right in spite of the reasonable evidence to the contrary, though it may still make you feel special.

Others disagree with you as well.

Intuitive Ethical Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to use the 4 letter mode in Socionics and compare it with MBTI, you have to switch the last letter of all the 8 Introverted types.

INFj (or EII) in Socionics is INFP in MBTI (and vice versa). If you ask the INFPs in MBTI, they would tell you they could identify themselves more with the descriptions of INFj (or EII) than of INFp (or IEI). Both INFj (Socionics) and INFP (MBTI) use Fi as their dominant function.

P.S. How do you think it's false? Are you an expert in socionics?

pure_sterling

MBTI Type
INFP
I am an INFP and my best friend is an ENFP. I tend to think of the difference as the other way around. ENFPs don't have INFPs traped inside them its more like they are INFPs just inside out. All the thinking and feeling that happens on the inside with an INFP is just all on the outside with an ENFP.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The last time I took a cognitive processes test I came out as INFP, heh.

I am incredibly extroverted in the classical sense; I rarely feel uncomfortable in social settings, I have very little problems with public speaking, stating my opinions, being the life of the party, etc. but, hmm, my internal world and tendency towards intra and introspection and spending more than a substantial amount of time in solitude do make me quite the quiet, reflective type.

I love listening, observing, imagining and analyzing, a whole lot!!!

So yeah, if that means I have a warm, gooey INFP inside of me, then, sure, I don't see why not. :)

Last edited:

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think there's a definite line between ENFP and INFP and the only reason we may feel as if we have a close relation with the other type inside ourselves would be the NFP correlation and that all of you are just delusional.

Now that I've made that clear, who would like some pie?

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A LOT of my closest friends have been INFPs. They usually end up seeing the opposite side of the same coin, which is incredible.

Sometimes, they need an ENFP to "clear a path" for them to come out of their introvert-shell and be free... and at that point, they're almost the exact same person.

Last edited:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am an INFP and my best friend is an ENFP. I tend to think of the difference as the other way around. ENFPs don't have INFPs traped inside them its more like they are INFPs just inside out. All the thinking and feeling that happens on the inside with an INFP is just all on the outside with an ENFP.

I like this theory LOLOLOL Embarrising but funny :D

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
The last time a took a cognitive processes test I came out as INFP, heh.

I am incredibly extroverted in the classical sense; I rarely feel uncomfortable in social settings, I have very little problems with public speaking, stating my opinions, being the life of the party, etc. but, hmm, my internal world and tendency towards intra and introspection and spending more than a substantial amount of time in solitude do make me quite the quiet, reflective type.

I love listening, observing, imagining and analyzing, a whole lot!!!

So yeah, if that means I have a warm, gooey INFP inside of me, then, sure, I don't see why not. :)

That's a few of us that have tested as INFPs CC! Interesting!? I too spend soooo much time alone I was like a hermit for a year or so! I certainly don't need or even crave external stimulation!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think there's a definite line between ENFP and INFP and the only reason we may feel as if we have a close relation with the other type inside ourselves would be the NFP correlation and that all of you are just delusional.

Ahh shucks I've been called worse things

Now that I've made that clear, who would like some pie?

Someone say pie :cheese:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can see that Femme I have a few INFP friends also and we play almost like supporting roles for one another!

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
I can see that Femme I have a few INFP friends also and we play almost like supporting roles for one another!

Yea ENFPs, really help to get my extroverted side out, but yet still be myself at the same time. :D

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Every time I see the thread title I think of this [youtube=fV1nnV6jsa8]Hostage[/youtube]