User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh...okay. so really the only difference is the e/i and all types are basically similar except for that...damn...i don't know what i thought i knew! haha
    It's okay. It's new.

MBTI
    GONE

I would say no - at least for me.

ENFPs have been called the most introverted of extraverts before, but I do not identify with INFP. I don't really get INFPs to be honest though there are similarities which can cause attraction as well as consternation.

For me it's not an e/i difference at all, it's different cognitive functions. Big difference between being an Fi dom or an Ne dom in my opinion.

That said, I feel more affinity with ENTPs than INFPs.

For myself, I was a strongly expressed extravert since I was a child. Life had the opposite effect on me -- making me more guarded, more private, shyer, etc. It took me some years to push out of it and claim myself again.

Whenever any type is not feeling confident or under stress, they can sink into their shadow type or just become more introverted.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ENFPs have been called the most introverted of extraverts before
    (As have ENTP, ENTJ, and ENFJ, at least.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh really?? haha...wth it's the intuition thing? that's weird kinda!!
    well so...iyo the enfp IS more similar to infp then entp?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Do ENFPs keep an INFP locked inside?
    Let me out! :steam:

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh really?? haha...wth it's the intuition thing? that's weird kinda!!
    well so...iyo the enfp IS more similar to infp then entp?
    That seems to be a matter of opinion, and I would say it's not clear. More similar to ENTP in some ways, and INFP in others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Unfortunately, I cannot support your view. I've always been an extreem E as a child. It's the tough experiences in my youth though that caused my E to become weaker. I'm more careful, if you will. I tend to test I when I feel insecure, because it is usually accompanied by a feeling of not liking people, not trusting them and wanting to stay away from them. Happens actually most often when I get burned for being an E
    Any time sweety
    Wow, I have to agree with this. I'm a pretty strong E (some tests give me 100%) but I still am more cautious. My feeeeelings just can't haaandle being hurrrrt agaaaain (dont you feel so bad for me?) so I'm much more cautious about making friends. Even though I'm dying for more friends.

I feel like I put my heart and soul into making friends. Other people can bounce back when things change but I'm all "hey we spent months and possibly years together talking about deep things, whatcha mean you are moving on??"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That seems to be a matter of opinion, and I would say it's not clear. More similar to ENTP in some ways, and INFP in others.
    sure...absolutely...agreed.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    LOLOLOLOL Are you sure you don't keep a very opinionated E locked inside yourself??
    opinion and human cognition are not equal.

i am an extremely opinionated ENFP. and then you could have another ENFP that isn't nearly opinionated but they are still both ENFPs so the opinion doesn't make a difference. you could fill in the word "opinion" with any other "behavior" in that previous statement and it would still be true. you can also fill in "ENFP" with "XXXX" and it will still be true.

and to answer the thread title... no, personally no. as an ENFP i do think a little differently from an INFP and so it would actually be a little hard to keep an "INFP locked inside myself" because it is not a natural way to think for my cognition.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses
    Also there seems to be a common story emerging amongst the ENFPs that I have had contact with IRL, As very young children they seemed to display definite INFP traits which were either trampled on by parents or schools etc. They then went on to develope a false sense of confidence to make a better fit into the world. Most of the ENFPs mention a particular time in their lives when they chose to be more confident. This process could be simply maturity, something that happens to us all, it could even be an explanation for extraversion in general. Have other Es had a similar experience?
    This seems to assume that INFP's are not confident.
    I know many introverts that are more confident than extraverts.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx